Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Edgar Allen Poe!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Treble
Admin
Treble

Female Posts : 900

Edgar Allen Poe! Empty
PostSubject: Edgar Allen Poe!   Edgar Allen Poe! EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:49 am

That's right! He gets his OWN thread because he's that friggin' awesome. Let's have some discussions about that all too amazing writer known as EAP. What's your favorite Poem/short story/Article of his? Why? What's your favorite EAP Line? Whatever it is, post it here! Also, if you're gonna quote EAP, put the title of the poem/story/article in parenthesis at the end. We don't want to have copy right issues.

"TRUE! -- nervous -- very, very dreadfully nervous..." ( The Tell-Tale Heart)

I absolutely -love- that beginning. It starts the story off with an absolute and complete bang. Especially how the words are staccato, meaning short and snappy. It jumps and grabs the readers attention, and you stayed glued to your seat the entire reading.

Anywhore, what'chu think?
Back to top Go down
https://dramahatersrpg.darkbb.com
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

Female Posts : 775

Edgar Allen Poe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allen Poe!   Edgar Allen Poe! EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:32 am

Beautiful
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

Female Posts : 900

Edgar Allen Poe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allen Poe!   Edgar Allen Poe! EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:34 am

I bet you didn't know...

Do you know the movie "Hocus Pocus"? I do. It happens to be one of my favorite movies in the world. However, I bet you didn't know that the song, sung by the witch Sarah, is actually a poem by Edgar Allen Poe, did you? *Grins* I'm dead serious here guys, I learned it in one of my Eng. II classes. The title of the actual poem is "Come Little Children"

"Come Little Children" by Edgar Allen Poe

Come little children
I'll take thee away, into a land
of Enchantment

Come little children
the time's come to play
here in my garden
of Shadows

Follow sweet children
I'll show thee the way
through all the pain and
the Sorrows

Weep not poor childlen
for life is this way
murdering beauty and
Passions

Hush now dear children
it must be this way
to weary of life and
Deceptions

Rest now my children
for soon we'll away
into the calm and
the Quiet

Come little children
I'll take thee away, into a land
of Enchantment

Come little children
the time's come to play
here in my garden
of Shadows

I absolutely -love- this song. With a passion. It's haunting, and amazingly beautiful. ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://dramahatersrpg.darkbb.com
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

Edgar Allen Poe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allen Poe!   Edgar Allen Poe! EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Indeed. That song has stuck with me for years... I never knew Poe wrote it, but I can see his thumbprint in it now that I'm reading it...
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Female Posts : 336

Edgar Allen Poe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allen Poe!   Edgar Allen Poe! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Poe is amazing. Simple as that. If anybody knows of an anthology or something, you should totally give me a title or something so I can buy it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

Female Posts : 775

Edgar Allen Poe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allen Poe!   Edgar Allen Poe! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

: D Poe is truly amazing, but I believe some of his better poems are the ones less mentioned. <3 i love his dream poems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edgar Allen Poe! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allen Poe!   Edgar Allen Poe! Empty

Back to top Go down

Edgar Allen Poe!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Drama Haters RPG :: Drama Free - Writing Bistro :: Cafe Book-
Jump to: