Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

Male Posts : 1104

Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- Empty
PostSubject: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:04 am

Alright people, I think this time we should try something that hasn't been done yet... A superhero/heroine roleplay that can involve characters to play and manipulate their bodies however they see fit... It can be as small as causing a slight pyrotechnic spark from clicking your fingers, to even having the power to become engulfed in flames hotter than the sun. I'll be expecting at least ten people within the roleplay, but I will settle for six depending on the roleplay samples I see, or if some people wish to play as multiple characters. As for a character sheet, this will be a first for me.... I'm putting it in my first post!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] (Please, no names that involve your characters power...)
[b]Age:[/b] (It will be a mixed group of age, so anywhere between 16 and 30.)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Unknown is acceptable for one or two characters, but you must have a reasonable bio and sample for me to accept it.)
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Superpower:[/b] (Basically anything goes, but if there is one person godmodding a meteor towards earth, they will be getting a dwarf planet to the head. And PLEASE! No radioactive ooze!)
[b]Alliance:[/b] (Is your character a hero, a villain, or do they fight on the neutral side, such as they save an entire bus filled with children, then go and torch an orphanage.)
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b] (Must include how they recieved their powers, and if necessary, what age they recieved them.)
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (Two long paragraphs minimum.)

Here's mine.

Name: Ethan Silithum.
Alias: Cloak.
Superpower: Ethan has heightened senses of everything, meaning that even some of his superpowers can even become his flaws. He uses this to his advantage while using either his custom made crossbow, or even his expertly crafted throwing knives.
Spoiler:
Alliance: Hero.
Appearance:
Spoiler:
(Sorry about the size...)
Ethan stands at about six feet, yet he is exactly six feet while wearing his favourite sneakers. Ethan is always seen wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a white wife beater and his favourite black trench coat during the day. At night, when Ethan becomes Cloak, he changes into an armoured shirt, some easily maneuverable fabric pants, and an indigo cloak, that covers up everything but a few tufts of jet black hair and his piercing emerald eyes. He also seems to love wearing a black facemask that covers his mouth and most of his nose, just in case one of his enemies can recognize him. During the day, he will always be seen with a pair of sunglasses that make everyone see pitch black while wearing them.
Biography: Ethan had always been a strange boy while he was growing up. He had been having eye problems, smell problems, hearing problems, and even problems with his food habits... Of course anyone would if they had much greater senses than a regular human being. Ethan first recieved his powers after touring with his elementary school to his father's work, Genome Enterprises. After sneaking away from the tour group and wandering into a part of the lab that was thought to be uninhabited, Ethan stumbled into a machine during the middle of it's test on rodents. After barely surviving an hour of brutal, unsupervised testing, Ethan was rescued and brought back to consciousness by the nearest paramedics. He could see everything far too clearly, his ears were picking up that his father was going to be fired, and he sniffed the vile odor of someone's discarded lunch from last week. Since then, Ethan has used his skills to try and rid the world of Genome Enterprises and their evil ways... No matter what the cost.
RP Sample:

Ethan's back slammed against the wall... He was breathing heavily, yet not heavily enough for the Genome goons to spot him hiding in the alleyway. He heard them all coming from a mile away, even though they were whispering to one another. "Great.... That's all I fucking needed. The one time I get a fucking break from college, Genome tries to track me down and get me killed! Not this damn time I tell ya..." Ethan grinned as he ducked behind a dumpster, rummaging through his backpack for whatever he needed. 'Shit, now where did I put that last part of my damn c-- Ah, there it is!' Ethan took out the final part of his costume, his signature cloak and began stripping off almost everything until he was right there, in the middle of plain sight, in his love heart boxers. His pants were the first that went on.....

"You guys seen the kid yet?" One of the goons screamed, carrying an assault rifle in his hands, watching as the goons around him shook their heads in disagreement. The lead goon, Butch, heard a slight ting noise from the alleyway Ethan was hiding in. "You, go and check that out, NOW!" Butch pointed to one of the goons as he slowly walked into the alleyway. Everything fell silent for at least ten seconds, until the sound of razor sharp steel slicing through flesh and bone broke the silence, as the goon fell down onto the pathway, a throwing knife lodged deep in his skull. Cloak walked up silently to Butch and grinned, taking another throwing knife and throwing it just so it lodged into his spine, paralyzing him where he stood, just so he could watch his entire crew be slaughtered at the hands of Cloak. "Hey Butch! Did'ja miss me? Because this time....." Cloak's facemask moved a little, showing that he was grinning.

Cloak slid away an annoying piece of his cloak from his arm, which revealed his custom crossbow, loaded with a bolt with the worst serrated edges that even the worst serial killers would say that it's too much torture. Cloak grinned even wider as he watched Butch's eyes widen, he must of been seeing his whole life flash before his eyes."....I wont!" Cloak's finger slid along the trigger, before the bolt went straight through the brutes thick skull, leaving Cloak to pick up his throwing knives and disappera into the night.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344895905#!/profile
The Q
Underachiever
Underachiever

Female Posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Im sold

Name: Kowwie
Alias: None (will develop one as the story goes on?)
Superpower: Fire (like the human torch but better.. 8D)
Alliance: Unknown (can be influenced) [/color]
Appearance: *takes a deep breath*(prepare to be brain confused)
Kowwie's body consists of red and black tiger stripped-like fur (all over, stripes are black, fur is redd-ish/vermilion.), Black long hair on his head, and long thick tail.(these tails can snap spines.)
He has long, brown ears that project horizontally out from his head and have three large tags on the end, looks like a three pointed star and antennae comes out from the forehead. (feelers most likely)
He has green eyes and the outer appearance is of basic human-like anatomy. (like arms, legs, head,torso,frontwards eyes etc.)

Biography:Kowwie is an alien from outter space(duhXD)
He's been living on earth for a few months and calls a local forest his home. The Forest is located in a rural area, so the chances of a human encounter is slim. He's been able to get close enough to observe them, and has recently befriended a little girl, but he isn't completely unprepared. He knows english. As to why that is, is the disturbing part. He's had his fire abilities since he was born. This is normal and like any normal child of his race , he's been cautious in using these abilities as it had a potential to kill him. Even now his own power can be the death of him. Kowwie must regulate a certain high temperature, or else he will die. Things like the fire extinguisher can be fatal to him and cases where suddenly plunging into icy water can be very fatal for him. Bullets can be fatal for him too, as his open flesh will be exposed to the cold, and as the colder he gets, the more his fur will die and fall off. This is extremely dangerous to him and anyone around him. His fur is vital because it regulates his temperature. Without it, he's done.

RP Sample:
Kowwie sat on a large tree branch, balancing himself and looking onward to the soft rolling grass of the fields. It was very peaceful here.
"Kowwie!!" A little girl called from under the tree. She had an adorable pink dress, and ribbons of the same color in her hair.
"Kowwie get down here, silly! I got some food!" The girl had a basket filled with anything she could fit in there.
Kowwie had smiled, gripping the tree trunk and sliding himself down until he'd let go to land on two feet.
The girl was very happy, probably because she saw kowwie as her pet, or maybe even her pretend baby.
Kowwie was very gentle and good at heart, He had a sense of chivalry about him. He'd even let her brush his long hair and put ribbons in it. For all he knew,the ribbons could be the manliest things out there.
His enormous tail flicked about as he looked through the basket. Of course he went for the twinkies and the donuts first. They were the very first thing he had tasted on earth.
"Ooh Kowwie! no no! you can't eat that until you eat your dinner!"
"...Dinner..?"
The girl was able to teach him a lot of things, like how to put a napkin on your lap when eating. But She could only take it so far as the parents noticed that she had taking her toys and certain food outside.
One day, her father had caught her running out across the field, and towards the forest. Like any father, he feared for her safety, as he did not know she was venturing out so far away.
"Kowwie!!" she called out to her 'son' as she reached the outskirts of the forest.
It was then that the father confronted the girl, and took her by the arm, looking very stern.
"What'r you doing out here? It's dangerous! "
The Girl was frightened, and surprised. She knew she was in trouble, but Kowwie saw other-wise.
Kowwie roared, launching himself out at the Father, taking him down with a great thud. He had landed on his chest, taking the wind out of the father, but not killing him. Not yet.
The Girl had screamed, sobbing and crying, she turned to run away.
Fearful, Kowwie had darted after her, It didn't take long before catching up and grasping the girl.
"What is it? - What happened?" Kowwie was clearly confused as to what was upsetting her. He hugged her but she resisted and he let her pull away.
"Why would you do that?! You hurt father! He's dead! you killed him!" She shrieked at kowwie.
"He's dead! you killed him!! "
Kowwie shook his head in disblief.
"..No.. No I-! "
"Help me!! Somebody Heelp!" The girl had turned away, running for dear life.

Kowwie had stood, watching his friend go.
"I'll wait for you... here.." He said hopelessly, sitting down were he was.
Kowwie waited for the girl, but the next morning, more humans had come in loud, flashing red and blue lit white cars. He had no choice but to retreat back into the forest.
The father turned out to be alright as he was retrieved. As he came to, he described a monster and his daughters story was that much more believable.
There was a monster out there.

Last edited by The Q on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding a few things..)
Back to top Go down
Skryn
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Skryn

Male Posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Name: Charles Brandberg
Alias: Talek

Superpower: Telekinesis

Alliance: Best described as Chaotic Neutral.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Biography: Talek, born Charles Brandberg, was a normal boy living in a normal neighborhood with a relatively normal family. After graduating High School, Charles went off to the university, opting to live in the dorms, rather than at home. He wanted a bit fun in his life, growing tired of the dull and uninteresting happenings of his little town. He hoped to get the full college experience.

When he was twenty-one, a junior, he experienced something that could very well only be explained as the opposite of normal. Out on the town, enjoying the usual bar-hopping and drinking games college students are apt to play, Charles was a bit inebriated, which most likely caused him to do the rather stupid things he did that night.

He was gifted, then, with a power. With this new-found power, Charles adopted a new identity. No longer was he normal Charles from a normal neighborhood with normal parents, he was now Talek, a man of great power gifted by an alien race. With his new identity, he began to grow a new personality to match. Rather than being the average, hard-working college student, Talek was a rash, wild persona, thinking very little of actions and consequences. He holds very little esteem in the notions of right and wrong, simply choosing to do what is of the most interest and potential fun at any given moment.

RP Sample: Charles, taking a break from the going-ons inside, stepped out onto the back porch of who-knows' house. He glanced up to the sky, a silly smirk on his face. He watched, with mild curiosity, as a streak of light burned through the night's sky. He watched as it streaked right towards... him. Well, not exactly him, but a bit too close for comfort. It crashed violently into the brush surrounding the back of the house. Charles looked around, seeing if anyone else was around to have witnessed what could only be described as a meteor crashing into Earth. He saw no one and was surprised the noise hadn't aroused the attention of those inside, though he doubted they could have heard it over the loud, obnoxious hip-hop music they were currently playing.

This would be the stupid action we spoke of earlier, an action that likely would not have been performed by a sober and thinking Charles. He ventured out in the brush that night, trying to find the results of the meteor crash. His curiosity aroused beyond hope, he searched for quite some time until he finally stumbled into a small clearing. Right there, in the center of the clearing, was a crater. Smoke billowed from the depth of the crater, causing Charles to cough. Stepping ever so closely, Charles eyed the center, spotting a metallic, circular object.

He heard a loud, hissing noise as the object... opened. Even more curious now, Charles began his careful decent into the crater. The smoke had thinned, allowing him better vision of the object at the center of the crater. Only a few feet from it now, Charles stopped and waited, wondering if anything else would happen. Deciding that nothing would, Charles moved even closer. He reached out hesitantly, brushing his hand against the amazingly cold metallic object. Cold? No way it could be cold after that.

He found the opening, spotting a small cylinder supported on what appeared to be a clear, foam-like substance. The cylinder contained a silver liquid. Charles once again looked around, seeing if anyone else had wondered out to see where the falling meteor had landed. No one was around, and it was deathly quiet. Even the animals that occupied the surrounding brush made absolutely no noise. He picked up the cylinder, expecting that no doubt, something dreadful was going to happen to him for messing with this alien object. The cylinder was firmly in his grasp and yet nothing happened. Curiosity beating out worry, Charles opened the cylinder. He brought it up to his nose, smelling, trying to discern the contents within. There was no smell.

And here's another of those stupid actions, Charles hesitantly brought the opening of the cylinder to his mouth, tipping it to pour a small amount of the liquid onto his tongue. It tasted... fruity, quite good, actually. Charles shrugged and downed the rest of the liquid, replacing the cylinder back in the small object. He waited a moment, expecting to drop dead from some type of poisoning. Nothing happened. He just felt a bit sleepy, but that could have been the booze talking. His eyes began to feel a bit heavy, taking forever to blink. The ground looked so comfortable. He laid his head down, smiling. This was so very comfortable.

He watched with little interest or worry as the object sealed itself, making a rumbling noise as it lifted a couple feet off of the ground. He watched, too, as it slowly rose higher into the sky, eventually disappearing out of view. Charles blinked again, this time not opening his eyes back up. It wasn't until the bright sun rose into the early morning sky did Charles open his eyes again.

-----------------

A bit unusual for me... first time posting a character like this. I wanted to continue with the RP sample, but realized I was already stretching it. I hope it is acceptable, though, the character in general. I can change anything if you need. As I said, writing my character out like this was a bit unusual for me, lol.
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Wonderful characters, both of you are accepted.
Back to top Go down
SaiuriKirata
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
SaiuriKirata

Female Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:02 pm

ooooo I'm sold but give me a little time to come up with a fresh rp sample for you....
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 pm

No problemo Sai
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:32 am

Alright, just waiting on Sai's character sheet, and possibly one more character until we can start... This will still remain open for people who show an interest in the RP later on.
Back to top Go down
Skryn
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Skryn

Male Posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:24 am

I'm still here and interested! I'll be awaiting the IC and all.
Back to top Go down
The Q
Underachiever
Underachiever

Female Posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:36 pm

SAI is a pretty inactive member.. This might take a while..
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:58 pm

She signs on every Monday, so we should be getting one soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-   Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature- Empty

Back to top Go down

Genome: The next generation of Heroes. (OoC/Interest Check) -Mature-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Drama Haters RPG :: Drama Free - Role Play District :: The OoC'ness :: The RolePlay Recycling Centre-
Jump to: