Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Final Fantasy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paradigm
Outcast
Outcast
Paradigm

Female Posts : 1003

The Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: The Final Fantasy   The Final Fantasy EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:28 pm

The Final Fantasy FFbanner

Note:Always read this first for updates on info and game insights, images and views. This will progress into a full on overview of the FF series games and I'm not joking about my obsessiveness to rate, break down and let y'all know about this (in my opinion) fantastic gaming series

Ok so there's been multiple renditions of this game right from the original Final Fantasy 1 to 13
Then there's the remastered versions, sub games, spin offs, parallels. My word, the world of Final Fantasy has spread.
I will however be good enough to remind you of every single FF game created (that I can think of) plus a few movies and possible new games. It is my aim to find out what all the Final Fantasy games are- including the related series games. So by all means, you see something missing on this list- add to it. If I wanted to- I could bore you with all the consoles they were one (some were even realeased on phones) but I won't because that's overkill- as if naming every existing game wasn't enough.

However- I'll slowly go through uploading images for each of the games- I just want to get this topic up first. Don't worry, I'm not the thousand image link type- I'll find a few good ones- make them into one collective image and then the game title in the list below will become a link to said image. Just as a refresher to what the game looks like for you.

As far as what this thread is for- well, of course it's to discuss your favourite Final Fantasy game (if you have one) or which ones do you think let the world of Final Fantasy down *cough*FF 10-2*cough* It's also for you to find out about the game if you're one of those people that have heard about it but don't know what all the fuss is about or rather, haven't cared to look into.

The Game Series List

Main Series:
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy IIj
Final Fantasy IIIj
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy vs XIII

Other Major Releases:
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Strategy Games:
Final Fantasy Tactics (re-released as Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on PSP)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Movies & Film:
Final Fantasy: Advent Children
Final Fantasy: Spirits Within
Final Fantasy: Unlimited
Final Fantasy: SGI Demo
Final Fantasy: OVA

Saga Series:
Final Fantasy: Legend I
Final Fantasy: Legend II
Final Fantasy: Legend III

Misc Releases:
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

Seiken Densetsu Series:
Final Fantasy Adventure

Re-released:
Final Fantasy: Anthology
Final Fantasy: Chronicles
Final Fantasy: Origins
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy III DS
Final Fantasy IV Advance

Final Fantasy XI Packages:
Final Fantasy XI: Rise of the Zilart
Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia
Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan

Complilations:
Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII

Related Series:
Chocobo
Crystal Defenders
Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Ivalice
Kingdom Hearts
Mana
SaGa
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

The Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy   The Final Fantasy EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:29 am

Very comprehensive... I'd like to see this one day include synopsis, some form of personal rating system, release dates/consoles, and some of the more important details of how the game distinguishes itself (IE : XII has the first real overworld battle system, and VII includes the materia system...).
In the meantime, this list certainly helps me to know which ones I've missed playing. ^^
Back to top Go down
Paradigm
Outcast
Outcast
Paradigm

Female Posts : 1003

The Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy   The Final Fantasy EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:50 pm

I can do that ^^
It'll take time but I can get a review of each one up with unique facts and ratings if that's what you would like.
I didn't want to over do it all as I'm a final fantasy dork but I will just as happily give a simple guide to each game of what to expect, consoles they were on, features etc. Plus release dates. However, I think the series is slowly coming to an end with the release of FFXIII and the series of games that go with it (vs XIII, Agito etc.)

I hope this isn't the case though.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

The Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy   The Final Fantasy EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:24 am

I certainly hope they pull their heads out of their asses and stop trying to break into multiplayer... It just isn't going to happen the way they want it to. The thing is it isn't just a waste of money, it's also slowing down the release of better games. That gives other companies time to get their foot in the door while we slowly forget to love Final Fantasy...
I'll still be here for years to come buying new FF's, but they may find the fanbase slipping if they keep screwing around.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

The Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy   The Final Fantasy EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Update time!
Final Fantasy Dyssidia - PSP
This game deserves it's own single post review... Massive plot, side stories, and a huge cast of 22 playable characters and a super boss NPC opponent. Thousands upon thousands of items and combinations for equipment and accessories and summons. Hundreds of strategies for each character with a wide variety of attacks and abilities each. Huge list of accomplishment awards with rewards for completing them. Level EACH of the 22 characters up to level 100, a replay value increaser I've never seen on such a scale even on console games let alone handhelds, outside of games where you play with pets (glances at pokemon and DWM). I got it for christmas, I've played hours, literally hours, each and every day and still only just recently beat the main story let alone all the billions of things left to do before I work on mastering my playstyles with each character... This game has B-E-A-U-tiful graphics, high quality sound, and some of the greatest 3-D fighting I've seen in ages. It's worth a buy for anyone who has the PSP, and for some people with the cash to spare it's probably worth buying the whole system just for this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Fantasy   The Final Fantasy Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Fantasy
Page 1 of 1