Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Idea Exchange Central

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

Idea Exchange Central Empty
PostSubject: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:34 pm

I have a problem. I always think of ideas, but I don't have the time or the follow through to do anything with them. Many people have a similar problem, and many others have an exactly opposite problem : No ideas at all, but a desire to write. This is a thread for you to come in, drop off an idea, and allow others to alter it and build upon it into a new creation.
The most important thing to remember is that any ideas posted here are posted with the agreement and the hope that they will be used by others. If you don't want someone to write your story, please find another place to put it. Anything left here will be considered fair game for other writers, and they don't have to stick exactly to what you said in the post.
Have fun, and we'll write some really good stories together. ^^
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

Male Posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 12:28 am

I like this and am in the same position as Kaki (yes, you'll always be Kaki for me still :3) is. Although, no ideas come to mind at the moment... Hmm. I'll think of some and post them up later.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:28 am

I had this one, and I may still do it myself if I don't get any volunteers...
I look around the forums, and I see depression. Lots of depression. And anger, and upset people... And I think I know something that might help.
I'd like to see a thread started where a member can PM (Using a pre-set up username labeled 'Patient' or something similar w/ the password in the help thread so anyone can log in as 'Patient' anonymously) a designated psychiatrist and tell them their problems, and the psychiatrist can then create a fictional character in a similar situation and put them in a short story where a fictional psychiatrist works through the fictional character's problems. It's a very indirect way of asking for and getting advice anonymously.
Back to top Go down
Lady J'ssem
Mama J
Lady J'ssem

Female Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:46 am

I think that would be a lovely idea, though my only concern would be who the Psychiatrist would be... and what would happen if its the designated psychiatrist needs help?

And how to regulate the patient so someone doesn't abuse the set up. I know most of the people on here are wellbehaved, etc. etc. but it would be good to have a means of control over a free-to-use account?
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

Female Posts : 900

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:07 pm

I like that idea, Kaki. A lot actually. Though I'd be more apt to have a "team" of psychiatrists. Maybe one or two people, three possibly. That way different problems are covered, and so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
https://dramahatersrpg.darkbb.com
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Well, I don't imagine it would be terribly hard to keep it in line... What kinds of problems are you foreseeing? Spam posts and the like? The IP address of the users would be available so we could find out who was misusing it to deal out any *cough*correctionalmeasures*cough* needed... But of course that would only be for those who abused the system. As for the psychiatrist themselves... Well, as with any psychiatrist, there's always the problem of not being able to solve one's own problems. It's usually remedied by taking one's own advice, or finding your own psychiatrist. ^^
And Acers, glad to hear it. ^^
This is all preliminary, of course... I'm sure the system will evolve as needed for quite some time before stabilizing.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:05 am

Okay, I'm my own mod so it's not like I need to apologize to myself for the double post, so moving on then...

I have a book that I wanted to write a long time ago, based on a world inside a computer. At some point within a few hundred years, we advance the Berlin Brain Computer Interface to the point where we can download a human mind into a computer, and leave an empty shell of a human body to be discarded for healthy organs and a cremation. The human now effectively lives inside a machine. Within the machine, a virtual world exists that can be adapted infinitely to the needs of the person in question, from gravity to the color of grass, to creating buildings or destroying your own personal sun.

There is a place where you will be taken once every so often where you will meet other humans within the machine. This place is not nearly as adaptable, it's actually fairly rigidly earthlike though a few minor alterations are made once in a while to keep it from being boring. This place is where everyone gathers at regular intervals, so that human contact is not lost altogether.

This is a perfect world, not equal things for everyone but anything and everything for everyone. But now, thousands of years later, the machine is breaking down. There is a program, a failsafe installed before the last of the great minds of the real world moved into the machine, that allows the computer to build humanoid robotic bodies for engineers to return to the real world to work on the machine in these events. But in the meantime, the virtual world is falling apart around us.

This story would follow a group of people, already thousands of years old but not used to anything but the luxury of absolute freedoms and control, as their world spontaneously underwent change after change as the computer glitched. Gaping chasms would begin forming from nowhere, things would be produced and fall from the sky, and even more frighteningly entire people will be erased.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:03 am

I had an odd concept the other day, regarding an order of street hypnotists and martial artists. The idea is that this group would serve in the background of society, as a kind of hidden police force. When they caught someone, they would be not only capable of taking down the criminal (hypnotized into having access to somewhat more than average abilities themselves...) but of then placing posthypnotic suggestions into the offender and preventing them from being able to do any more harm in the future. Of course, it bends the credible limits of hypnosis but what hypnosis story doesn't? It's a decent idea for writing fight scenes, psychology, and parkour (free-running). If anyone happens to be in the mood to write a short story or even a best seller based on this idea, have at it and I'll be sure to read your work. ^^
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

Male Posts : 1104

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:36 am

That does sound like a fairly interesting idea for a roleplay, but that can also be seen as a group of hidden vigilantes blending in with society, which is pretty much my superhero roleplay called Genome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344895905#!/profile
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:37 am

Not quite, for one the powers they have are purely based in reality in my version, and for two this is the OW section. Razz
This is a book or story, not necessarily a roleplay. Granted, now that I think of it, it could be one...
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

Male Posts : 1104

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Ah, well I'm just saying, that some of the street performers that use hypnotism, or even some of their entertainment purposes, can turn into some great superheroes... Hell, they wouldn't even need one of the nifty spandex costumes, as they could just wipe the criminals memory clean so they don't remember their face.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344895905#!/profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea Exchange Central   Idea Exchange Central Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea Exchange Central
Page 1 of 1