Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starting Point (OOC)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tori
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

Starting Point (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Starting Point (OOC)   Starting Point (OOC) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:27 pm

History.

Adence is a large bustling trading town, with a large port and market area, full of interesting characters. The city has an independent army and governs itself.

When Adence was founded centuries ago, upon the banks of the tidal River Dence the citizens had a dream of creating a city free of corruption. The idea was that it was to have people free of slavery and a class divide, where everyone will be equal and leaders are chosen by their merits rather then a divine right handed down by birth. This was the idea.

But like so many idea's they are often left by the way side by corrupt individuals, the democratic process was quickly turned into a sham. A puppet governor was hand chosen by the real leader (the Duke), along the advice of the captain of the guard.

As the government became corrupt lead to an increase in trade particularly illegal trade, especially opiates. Many hard working citizens were seduced by the drug and turned to a life of crime to supply their habit. On the other hand 'legal' highs especially Absinthe and laudanum are freely and regularly used by the younger merchants, causing many to waste their family fortune.

The general townsfolk, disgusted by the state of their so-called 'free society', have started to create underground movements, relentless in their pursuit of the ideals the founding fathers created Adence.

Adence is on a turning point, the merchant way of life is slowly dying, will they realise or will it be too late?

[Edit] I was thinking of setting it I was thinking of setting it in a 17th Century time frame, so not too technological but not too primitive either, but based on our history there would be alot of political/religious upheaval. If that makes sense.

That's the basic idea, I'm hoping to get some people to join and brainstorm different ideas into a coherent RP.
Back to top Go down
Tori
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Starting Point (OOC)   Starting Point (OOC) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 8:30 pm

i'll put a list of a type of characters that might be needed in the RP

Duke/Duchess (bascially the corrupt power)
Bishop or some kind of high ranking religious person.
Merchants or a member of a merchant family.
High Ranking and Common Guards
Crime Boss - and underlings.
General peasants.

I'll put up my character as well, that might help.

Creator: Tori
Name:Dahlia Cecily Varden (Sometimes refered to as Dahl, or Ceecee in certain circles)
Type:Merchant's Daughter/Spoilt socilate
Appearance: Tall, curvy, long dark red hair and dark brown eyes.
Home:Victorian Mansion
Bio: Dahlia is a spoilt jaded daughter of a merchant raised in the era of prosperity, a frequent inhabitant of all the best parties. She has no real concept of the current political climate or how the working people live, she believes that everyone should be rich and if they aren't they don't work hard enough. Dahlia is the youngest of 5 and the only daughter so she's spoilt and kept from the ills of society.
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

Female Posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: Starting Point (OOC)   Starting Point (OOC) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 2:18 am

Hey, I'm sorta in and out right now, but once my 'sea-legs' (rp-legs) grow back, I'm gonna try and put up a charrie for the CRIME BOSS. so dibs :3
Back to top Go down
Tori
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Starting Point (OOC)   Starting Point (OOC) EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:06 am

coolio, thats one person!
Back to top Go down
Kill Frenzy
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kill Frenzy

Male Posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Starting Point (OOC)   Starting Point (OOC) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:54 am

This RP open cus I'm fairly interested... Although I gotta warn ya I'd be aiming to play a Scottish/Irish-esque character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Point (OOC)   Starting Point (OOC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting Point (OOC)
Page 1 of 1