Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Female Posts : 349

Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) Empty
PostSubject: Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)   Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Hira is craving something in a vaguely noir setting. (she is also craving something involving angels, but this need not apply.) Who wants to help with this craving?
Back to top Go down
http://hiratsu.livejournal.com
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

Male Posts : 1104

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)   Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:25 pm

So would this sort of go with like a comic book/graphic novel type setting? If so, then I am totally in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344895905#!/profile
GrimReaper
Underachiever
Underachiever
GrimReaper

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)   Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:40 pm

ive actually thought about something like this before...lots of inside thoughts and such....sounds cool. im in
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)   Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Some examples of Noir:

Sin City (both comic & movie)
Bladerunner
Batman: The Animated Series
Maltese Falcon
The Postman Always Rings Twice
Dead On Arrival
Chinatown
Max Payne (the games)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Se7en
Angel Heart
Public Enimies

There. I included a decent list of examples, so hopefully everyone knows at least one. Smile

Best part about the genre is we don't need a ton of people, so if no one else wants in withing the next few days, we can start. Very Happy I have pretty much nothing on plot at the moment, so feel free to throw things out there.
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

Female Posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)   Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 pm

I like this idea. I'd be willing to throw in my hat.
I vote for angels. c:
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)   Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Well, seeing as how my Sin City style RP never kicked off, do you mind if I use my character for that?
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)   Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Ah crud. With my hard drive failing I had forgotten about this one. Well character reusing is fine. And so far we got one vote for including angels in the RP. Any others?
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)   Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Name: Lance Atra
Occupation: Unemployed at the moment, but used to work for a big law firm.
Appearance: Stands at around six foot, five and a half inches, Lance is a very burly man, always wearing a plain leather jacket, casual black jeans, gunmetal grey sneakers, a black and blue Fedora and a light brown trenchcoat, within the pockets contain ammunition, a cell phone, a back-up cell phone, a rusty spoon, and his .45 Calibur Desert Eagle. His long, black hair is always slicked back to avoid any loose strands to get in the way of his crystal blue eyes.
Calling Card: Lance always takes either the left or the right eye away from his corrupt victim, keeping it as a trophy, and possibly even donating it to the local hospital.
Brief Description: Lance's past is very dark and bleak... Within the third month of his first marriage, he had to end it with five bullet wounds in his friend's sternum, and two bullet wounds within his wife, one located in the heart, and the other located in her brain. After witnessing what he had done, all of the people he doesn't seem to trust instantly look like his former friend or wife.
RP Sample: Lance swirled his black coffee around while he waited on a corner street, Brian's Pub just across the road, his exact destination. Lance tapped his gun, and then the rusty spoon until the street lights told him it was safe to cross. A homeless bum stopped him just before entering the pub, Lance simply looked up and down at the scraggy man and grinned. "I'll tell you what sir, I just have to duck into here for a few moments, the bartender owes me a little bit of money and a keepsake... Wait here for five minutes, and my good deed for the day will be giving you the money he owes me..... Five hundred dollars." Lance's voice was very hoarse, like someone had taken the cowards way out in a fight and simply punched him in the throat and ran. The homeless man simply nodded and sat back down at the dry corner he was seated at before as Lance walked into the pub, bare as usual.

"Whut can I getcher?" Brian bellowed as he spat into a glass, not even bothering to look up. "Scotch on the rocks.... The money you owe me, and a little keepsake Brian." Lance smirked, resting his gun on the counter as he took a seat. Brian stood in shock, he had no idea what he was talking about. "Get out of my bar now before I call the..." Lance stopped Brian before he could finish. "Should the cop's know about how you got this bar? How many lives were ended to pay the bills? How many women were sold just so you can get your precious location? You know what they say Brian.... An eye for an eye, makes the whole world go blind....." Lance grinned, before pulling the trigger, a stray bullet shooting the jaw clean off of Brian as Lance moved to the lifeless corpse, before retrieving his other weapon... The rusty spoon. The squelching and spurting noises only made Lance smile wider, looking even more sinister until he held up the eye. He quickly opened the cash register and took out the five hundred he promised the bum and walked out, tossing it into the homeless man's lap and disappearing into the night.

-----

I wouldn't mind if angels were in the RP, gives it a few twists.
Back to top Go down
Kill Frenzy
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kill Frenzy

Male Posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)   Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm down with this; assuming I'm invited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)   Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey! Where'd the color go? (interest)
Page 1 of 1