Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nature's Vigilance OOC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

Nature's Vigilance OOC Empty
PostSubject: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:11 pm

I want an RP that lasts. I want an RP that can get started, make it past the first page, and eventually even be FINISHED. That's right, a completed RP. To do this, I've put more care into producing this RP, put more time into mapping out the path, put HOURS into making a character sheet that includes varied and unique possibilities while advocating balanced gameplay, and intend to instill in EVERYONE involved a sense of ownership of the thread, so that each and every one of us is encouraged to promote it's continued prosperity. And so, I introduce Nature's Vigilance. First, a bit of overview to get you drawn in.

Nature's Vigilance will take us through a land where the culture has developed in deep communication with nature. The forests speak in whispers to those who listen, the oceans roar defiance to those who would challenge them, and the people develop a close bond with the animals around them. The culture is a blend of Native American and Japanese influences, with intricacies and social aspects all their own. The large tribal nature of the civilization provides similarities between clans, while promoting each of us to provide our own cultural tangents such as accents and religious diversity. The technology developed by our culture is less impressive than that of modern Earth, but far from barbarism we have developed a science and technology in tune with the needs and limitations of nature.

The plot will revolve around the invasion of our land, by a force of much more advanced and violent modern day humans. Our world is being torn apart for resources, our people revoked from their lands, and an entire tribe has been eradicated by a violent force that has scarred the forest they called home. Nature, in it's fury, has joined into this war without mercy or distinction, so anxious to protect itself from the invaders that the creatures of our homelands themselves have become an indiscriminate weapon against both the outsiders, and ourselves. We must enter this three way battle with our lives at stake, reclaim our homelands from the invaders and restore balance to our world.

Righto, now... I'm linking to the system I made to keep track of stat progression for a game. Don't get nervous, it's three massive posts long but I won't really be using most of that. It's going to be much simpler than that makes it seem, you'll be trusted to keep yourself in check and avoid powerplaying for the most part. The thread I'm linking is just a guideline you can read through to answer some questions about what kind of items we might find, what kind of powers you may have, et cetera. Linking... Now.

What kind of interest can I get with this? I want to know who I can count on to carry this with me, all the way to the end. Please note that I fully intend to have and enforce a required posting minimum, to keep the story flowing smoothly. Any character who is not posted for at least once every three days WILL be hijacked (if noted as allowable by the player) or KILLED if you prefer that option. Either way, we won't be held up by slow posters because I've seen too many good stories go to bad places when someone can't post and everyone else gets stuck too. If you plan on taking a break, your character can either be hijacked or in some way removed from the storyline momentarily to allow you to return.

As further incentive to post, I'm considering writing this entire RP into book form. Every post, in the Original Works section, credit all of us of course, edited for grammar and spelling and written to create a cohesive story.

Last edited by Shiroi-Ka on Thu May 27, 2010 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Character Sheet Skeleton and Approved Sheet Storage

Code:
[b]Character Data Sheet[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Stats:[/b]
[i]Strength :[/i]INCREASES PHYSICAL DAMAGE
[i]Speed :[/i]INCREASES THE NUMBER OF TURNS YOU GET IN BATTLE
[i]Agility :[/i]CHANCE TO COUNTER OR BE COUNTERED
[i]Intelligence :[/i]INCREASES OFFENSIVE MAGIC POTENCY
[i]Willpower :[/i]INCREASES HEALING SPELL POTENCY
[i]Defense :[/i]REDUCES DAMAGE FROM PHYSICAL ATTACKS
[i]Vitality :[/i]INCREASES THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE THAT CAN BE TAKEN
[i]Mana :[/i]INCREASES NUMBER OF SPELLS THAT CAN BE CAST
[i]Magic Defense :[/i]REDUCES DAMAGE FROM MAGIC BASED ATTACKS
[i]Evade :[/i]CHANCE TO DODGE ATTACK, OR TO ESCAPE FROM BATTLE
[i]Accuracy :[/i]CHANCE TO HIT WITH ANY ATTACK, MAGICAL OR PHYSICAL
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b] I'm expanding the skill list here, it includes most forms of magic you would find in a final fantasy game (like those in my guide) and also a wide variety of other spells and skills as suits the imaginative nature of an RP setting better than a video game. Just make sure they rely on appropriate Gems and are right for your stats, and aren't god modding, and I'll allow skills of nearly any nature.
[b]Pet:[/b] Try to include not only a description of the pet, but also where you got it. Your pet is your constant, life long companion. It's your best and truest friend, your connection to the wild, and in many cases a reflection of who you are.
[b]Drive:[/b] Drives are a special, unique move that your character specializes in. It's the strongest attack you have, in most cases, but it doesn't have to rely on direct damage. A drive can deal physical damage, magic damage, heal allies, create a window of massive strength for yourself or the party, or any other unique and powerful magic you can think of.

You can stick strictly to the numbers on stats that I outline in the guide, or you can just ballpark with a scale of 1-10 where your character would be on each stat and we'll leave it simple that way. I don't plan to use real numbers for this RP anyways, so it's probably just as easy to decide how your stats best fit and leave it as just that, and you can increase your skills and fighting style based on how long you've been fighting in the RP and where you're strongest stats are.
Please describe skills, pet, and drive in detail, but remember this is not a place for God modding. Please ensure that the game remains balanced, while leaving you room to create a unique and vivid character. Be sure to follow all forum rules when producing your Data Sheet.

Your character sheet will be regularly updated with your current equipment and skills you've learned over the course of the RP. If I forget to update it for any reason, just remind me OOC or by PM and I'll fix my stored copy to match yours. If you don't update yours, however, I can't keep track of it all for you. This is the grownup's forum. Razz

Character Data Sheet Kaki - Incomplete
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shiroi-Ka on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:13 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:26 pm

(Secondary storage for more future information)
Back to top Go down
Kaia
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Kaia

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptySun May 30, 2010 8:02 pm

<.< psst....
>.> pssssssst
^.^ hey pot-head
v.v I'm in XD
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptySun May 30, 2010 8:33 pm

WOOHOO!!!!
I have someone in my RP! *Grins and dances*
Hopefully we can pimp it out and get some more people, and start soon... In the meantime, any questions on the 'verse?
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm in, I may not post every day, cause I got school and shit, but.. Yeah
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Every day is best, every other day is required. If you can average that, I can deal with that pace. It doesn't have to be fast as lightning, I just refuse to let it stop for anything. Deal? *grins*
Righto, let's see here... Did anyone even so much as skim the character guideline? Probably not... Alright, I'll post up a CS and we'll see how this goes from there. Smile
CS will be in the second post, look for it shortly. currently.
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:44 pm

Ye mean that link thing? Then yes. Yes I did. I thought there were too many stats.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:58 pm

Well, the nice thing about stats is the more you have the more accurately you know what your character is good at and what they suck at. I have low strength, i won't be cutting people in two with an axe. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kaia
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Kaia

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:32 am

"Shiroi-Ka sama"
*Presses forhead to the floor*
"Sumimasen!"

i realized that since you want a certain level of commitment to your RP, i wont really have time to post consistently considerring all of the upcoming events in my life over the next few months, what with my girlfriend coming to stay, Tafe as well as a new job, i'll only slow things down, i humbly apologise and hope you'll go on prosperously without me, maybe i can join sometime down the track.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Hmm... Well, I certainly don't mind writing you in later. Be a right shame to start without you... I just hope we have a few more interests in it before long, or I may have to try it on RPGFO.
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Cloth   Nature's Vigilance OOC EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:01 pm

So.. thats most of my guy I think. Send me and bitches, complaints or questions.. I'll answer eventually.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nature's Vigilance OOC   Nature's Vigilance OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Nature's Vigilance OOC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Drama Haters RPG :: Drama Free - Role Play District :: The OoC'ness-
Jump to: