Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changing the forum's default font color!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skryn
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Skryn

Male Posts : 15

Changing the forum's default font color! Empty
PostSubject: Changing the forum's default font color!   Changing the forum's default font color! EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that cries a little bit having to read white text on a light-gray background, but thought I'd mention it in case others feel the same. Anyway, I've found that by using black font colors in my post, it helps me read better, and not squint up against the monitor's screen. This could be a me only thing, though, for which I apologize bringing it up. study
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

Male Posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: Changing the forum's default font color!   Changing the forum's default font color! EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 4:05 am

I know what you mean a little. I've been squinting a little at my monitor too and the black does seem easier to read.
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

Female Posts : 900

PostSubject: Re: Changing the forum's default font color!   Changing the forum's default font color! EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:29 am

Yeah, see... >_> Much to fix. xD!

The template Belle and I made is just a starter, something to have and work on, build up/down, etc. etc. I'd really love some imput from the members saying things ya'll want to see, and things you don't want to see. So post those here, in this thread. =D
Back to top Go down
https://dramahatersrpg.darkbb.com
Skryn
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Skryn

PostSubject: Re: Changing the forum's default font color!   Changing the forum's default font color! EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Razz The black font is soooo much better! Thanks! lol

Anyway, I've years of experience with forum software - including xHTML/CSS coding, layout and template design, etc. If you ever need any help, let me know. I haven't used a Free phpBB forum service, so I'm not sure what type of customization options are granted via the admin panel and such, but I'm familiar with phpBB in general, as well as the inner functionings of such a system!
Back to top Go down
Skryn
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Skryn

PostSubject: Re: Changing the forum's default font color!   Changing the forum's default font color! EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Sorry for second post, too lazy to edit previous one...

anyway, I was browsing around the site you're using to host the forums, and I came across their neat little skin section.

If you go to this link:
http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin-1.htm

You can chose a skin you like, enter the URL to these forums, and preview what the skin would look like in live-etc. It's neat, and might help you find something if you were otherwise unaware of this feature. I'm perfectly content with the template you're using, now that the text is black! /cheers
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

PostSubject: Re: Changing the forum's default font color!   Changing the forum's default font color! EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Yeah, I know that. The problem with that is, Hitskins sucks ass hat. They're great as a template, like a base and what not, but I like to do my own graphics on Photoshop. o_o

Forumotion used to be horrible in the admin panel, and if you wanted anything customized, you used to have to do it using HTML and CSS. But then they started with phpBB, which I hate with a passion, BUT! It's a lot easier than HTML or CSS!

Anyway! Thank you for your offer of help, Skryn, if I need any help with the HTML or CSS, or anything else, you'll be the first person I contact.

=D
Back to top Go down
Skryn
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Skryn

PostSubject: Re: Changing the forum's default font color!   Changing the forum's default font color! EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:36 pm

I must admit that I'm partial towards Invision Power Board, and if that's not available, vBulletin. phpBB is a nice, free alternative, though. I wish more of these free forum services would pick up some of the better free forum softwares out there, like SMF (Simple Machines Forum). I'm spoiled, though, and used to installing chosen piece of software onto my own server... Ah, wish I still had the money to do that. I'm rambling now! *saunters off to find something to do*
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

PostSubject: Re: Changing the forum's default font color!   Changing the forum's default font color! EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:42 pm

*Sighs* That'll be the day.. When I get enough members, I'll transfer everything to my own server, but until then, it's allll freeee. Lol

*Follows the saunter*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing the forum's default font color!   Changing the forum's default font color! Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing the forum's default font color!
Page 1 of 1