Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
The Writing Writer
The Writing Writer
Mike

Male Posts : 1385

I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... Empty
PostSubject: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:31 am

And it was bloody amazing!

I attended the Manchester leg of the Progressive Nation Tour 2009, and I wasn't disappointed. Here is my review of the night.

Act 1: Unexpect
Mmm.. this took me by complete surprise. A seven-piece gothic thrash metal band, who, despite being the opening act, were hard, fast, and vocally sound. I was pleasantly surprised by the very pretty gothic lady and her operatic yet eccentric vocals.

Act 2: Bigelf
The man wore a top hat. What more can I say? They were more retro, prog rock than what I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised. They made use of two organs, and were a mite heavy, using the classic guitar, bass and drums setup alongside the progressive organ playing and powerful vocals.

Act 3: Opeth
I was expecting a lot more from these, having heard of them before. I was somewhat disappointed by them, having initially being bored by their opening song. It was as if they were trying to be everything all at the same time, and ending up with a confusing hash of melancholy indie and incoherent death metal.

Act 4: Dream Theater
Everything I expected and a little more to boot. they opened with the opening song to their new album, and carried on in classic style, with simply amazing drumming, guitar playing, bass playing and keboards. Even the vocals were spot on, and this is sometimes DT's downfall.

All in all, the night was a success. I sung along to every one of DT's tracks, as did the majority of the audience. A fantastic night.
Back to top Go down
http://mikeyferwritings.blogspot.com
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

Male Posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Gothic thrash? That term confuses me :3 I'm not exactly sure how the two would mix.
Back to top Go down
Leon1tas
Drama Queen
Drama Queen

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 2:42 am

Gothic Thrash sounds kinda cool to me.
Back to top Go down
Paradigm
Outcast
Outcast
Paradigm

Female Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Man oh man oh man! I've been gone but now I get the chance to say

LUCKY SON OF A BITCH!

A line up like that with Dream Theater at the end oh my god.
You have total envy from me.
Back to top Go down
Mike
The Writing Writer
The Writing Writer
Mike

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:19 pm

*takes Para's total envy and puts it in a small box that he used to keep his eyes in, until he had to give them to Dantes a while back, so now he's using his spare pair of eyes, thus making the box empty, but for Para's envy*

Seriously, I had the time of my life. It was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Paradigm
Outcast
Outcast
Paradigm

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:23 pm

Rubbing it innnnnn D:
But good, I'm glad you had a great time.
Because if you didn't I'd be all "WHY NOT?!" on you hehe
Back to top Go down
Mike
The Writing Writer
The Writing Writer
Mike

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:06 pm

*still has the memories ^^*
Back to top Go down
Paradigm
Outcast
Outcast
Paradigm

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:13 pm

[Has only seen them at Dload Fest.]
Back to top Go down
Mike
The Writing Writer
The Writing Writer
Mike

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:27 pm

*has new memories* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

Female Posts : 900

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:12 am

Mahahahahaha I love that you posted that here, Mike. xD
Back to top Go down
https://dramahatersrpg.darkbb.com
Mike
The Writing Writer
The Writing Writer
Mike

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:43 pm

I remembered my old post here Very Happy But I got to see them WITH Para this time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...   I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT... Empty

Back to top Go down

I SAW DREAM THEATER LAST NIGHT...
Page 1 of 1