Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

There and Back Again

Go down 
+5
Animus
Kaelynisfree
Bloody_Maiden
Shiroi-Ka
Incisors
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

There and Back Again Empty
PostSubject: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:38 pm

I go by McNinja in another forum, Incisors over here. Let me share you a little history on how I came to forum role-playing.

When I was six, and a wee tinytot that I was then, I saw a couple of the older kids fiddling around with a site called Neopets. Now this harkens back to a time when Internet was strictly prohibited in my home because it was dial-up and phone calls could not come through, so while I was wide-eyed about this strange online game, I could not touch it. So, I did the next best thing, I got a couple of paper, made some crude drawings, and replicated what I saw to play with my siblings. Eight years and twenty scribbled books later, I finally grew out of it, and yet I couldn't help but feel that there must be other people somewhere who share my peculiar hobbies, one I called 'game-mastering.' So I fired up my brand new broadband Internet, did some google search, and found this wonderful thing called forum role-playing. So here I am now.

I have one month of experience under my belt, and a command over English not worth a dime, but I consider myself to be on a very long process of learning, and through learning, mastery.

I'm planning to consider forum role-playing as a long-term hobby, sporadic, with exams looming around the corner, but long-term. So here's looking forward for many years of drama-free world building and character interactions with this site.

Cheers,
~Incisors
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:55 pm

Welcome, welcome, good story and good luck. ^^

Check out Mystlings and Awakened, both accepting though Awakened only for a limited window. There's also art, music, The Game, other games, I lose damnit btw, and of course the Original Works and Review of Original Works sections. *Marks a check next to 'Pimp modded boards OT, OW and ROW'*

So, I hope you enjoy the site. ^^
~Shiroi-Ka, the White Fire
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

Female Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 12:28 am

Well soo much to learn here. : D Being a four year veteran in roleplaying, willing to offer help!
And Darling! WELCOME to the site! Everyone here knows each other in some way, shape or form. We are all...how would you say unusually friendly. lol Nah we are love able crowd.

Enjoy it here, we moderators are here to offer help at any time. : D We are that awesome lol.

*pounces Shiroi* Though I am not sure about Shiroi *teasing*

Be sure to check out the Contests. I try my best to keep them updated. Enter the Short story contest. It will be fun!

-Mai Mai
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:19 am

Thank you for such a quick and hospitable welcome. Granted it would still take some time for me to warm up, I'm strange that way, an online social community never rubbed well with me, you see, and -- right, short story section. That sounds lovely, I must go check it pronto.
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

Female Posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 1:47 am

Hey, welcome, welcome!! :3 I'm a mod here! Arts and Music. If you ever have some free time, check them out.

Anywho, it's great to see you!

-Kaely
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

Male Posts : 1104

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 7:24 am

So, you went by the name McNinja... I believe you were on RPGFO? Most of us are in fact from RPGFO, some still visit there, others have migrated to this... Anywho, enough about that, time for my introduction. I am King Nothing, I have also been known to go by the name of King, KN, Biggles, Brad, Mr. Biggles, That guy with too many names, Barkeep, or that guy that floods the chat box. I am a global moderator, and with that power, I make small corrections around the site, such as making sure all images are in spoilers, making sure the coding works, making sure everything is ship shape, and on rare occasions, fixing spelling mistakes. Anywho, enough about me... I hope to see you around the site, and I look forward to roleplaying alongside you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344895905#!/profile
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:14 am

Holy moderating, Batman! It's King Nothing!

I kid. Tis an honour to be acquainted with the Global Moderator. How did you know I was in RPGFO?
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:37 am

My good buddy Chunnin told me of you, and I do happen to be a fan of the Dr. McNinja comics... Plus, I was known as MrBigglesworth04 back there... you probably haven't heard of me
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:46 am

I see you're also a fan of the Austin Powers movies. Very shaga-delic, baby! Oh, and hello, Kaelynisfree!

I can't say that I've heard of you, though I only was in that site for a month.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't contribute anything for a while, I'm still getting used to the different structure of this place. For one thing, you would not believe the amount of one-liner free-form roleplay threads in RPGFO . . . oh wait, you would. Well, this site is free of that plague, although I am having trouble trying to acquaint myself with the more, shall we say intense RPs.
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:50 am

Don't worry about it dude, it took me a while to adjust... Back in the times when I... *shudders* tlkd lyk dis
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:47 am

Well, perhaps to help you become acquainted with our members in a more middle ground setting, you should join Mystlings and speak with Hira. She runs a chat RP version of Mystlings, where the posts are short and fast but also grammatically correct and fully spelled. You wouldn't need to post in the forum version of the RP until you're more comfortable with it.
There's a backlog of the past events in the Mystlings chat RP in the original works section if you wanted to catch up and see if it was the place for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Female Posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:51 am

Welcome! I'm Hira, your friendly neighborhood me! Very Happy And I know you from RPGFO! You were in one of my RPs over there, back when I still visited there. I'll let you guess who I was over there XD. I has a secret identity here. XD
Back to top Go down
http://hiratsu.livejournal.com
Paradigm
Outcast
Outcast
Paradigm

Female Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:37 pm

First off- here's all the info and things to read up on that are very .... formal. Like the fact that we got a Rule Book, and you might want to read up on the Mature Information just because the site is of that level.

Other than this- welcome to the site. I'm here to answer any and all questions to the best of my oh so vast knowledge (:
Back to top Go down
Mike
The Writing Writer
The Writing Writer
Mike

Male Posts : 1385

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Hey, welcome! I'm Mike, one of the admins of this place! (on the other place, I'm Mikebassist, one of the Off-Topic mods)

I'm not sure I've seen you around before, but you read like a nice person, so make yourself at home! If you need any help with anything regarding the site, or anything else in general, throw me a PM and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Gaah! I was just writing about you Para, and you ninja'd in before me with exactly what I was gonna say you would!
Back to top Go down
http://mikeyferwritings.blogspot.com
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:21 am

The response here has been overwhelming! I will check out the Mystlings chat RP version.

Hmm, Hiratsu, you've peaked my curiosity. You mean you created an RP of your own, right? I'm guessing you're either . . . Wadjet or SexiSadie, though I think it's SexiSadie. Is that you?
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Female Posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:30 am

XD Nope. Wadjet is I, actually. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://hiratsu.livejournal.com
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

Female Posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 3:08 am

Hira is the WADJY!!! x3 but shhh, supposedly, it's like a super-duper secret.
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:29 am

Right, Hiratsu. I do not know who this Wadjet person is. *wink*

Anyway, Shiroi-ka brought forth a very interesting thought that stuck to me in the Mystlings OOC topic:

Quote :
Unlike RPGFO where most RP's don't make it past the third page,

I'm not a long resident, but this is quite true in the RPs I've seen so far. Which begs the question: why is that? How come nobody ever gets to finish an RP till the end?
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:21 am

Because they get so many new roleplayers that have hardly gotten enough experience to stay in a certain topic... Because the creator throws it into so many different areas, then the other roleplayers lose interest... Because the other roleplayers have become of the repetitive storyline such as hack, steal, speak, repeat.... Because there is no such thing as a perfect roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

Female Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:28 am

Well, let's not say too many bad things about RPGFO I mean. It has some good stuff. Some rps succeed. *pounces King.*

'ello there Big bro. Greetin' the newcomer? O.O
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

Female Posts : 900

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Lol, great entrance. ^_^ Welcome to the site, and I hope you have loads of good fun writing and bouncing about the site. Don't hesitate to ask questions, and I look forward to writing with you!

Ace
Back to top Go down
https://dramahatersrpg.darkbb.com
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:37 am

Hee-eey, I'm back!

Back to Drama Haters anyway, I've been keeping myself busy as the forum stalker of RPGFO. I've had my first taste of being a GM, and it certainly was a learning experience, as I had hoped. You'll never get it right the first time. Good thing is, I'm not about ready to give up on either RPing or GMing. So I'm straying clear of the RPs in the other site for now, and I think I'll flex my writing muscles over here. Woot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There and Back Again   There and Back Again Empty

Back to top Go down

There and Back Again
Page 1 of 1