Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pandora

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Pandora   Pandora EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Pandora is a moon, not a planet. This particular moon is a teeming mass of life, ranging from bioluminescent algae to the sentient Na'vi, who's complex neural structure enables them to interact with other complex lifeforms in the environment by sharing a neural connection. Ten feet tall, blue, and with catlike features and tails, the Na'vi are the dominant species of a planet that is governed by lush tropical jungle in over 60% of it's surface. Though outlying clans exist beyond the rich and glowing rainforest, the roleplay will be focused on the Omatacaya clan, featured in the movie Avatar. Though I've yet to decide if the RP will be based after or before the events of the first movie, I intend to emphasize a different adventuring focus in this story than in other RPs. I intend here to dispel the popularized view of roleplays as action and drama, questing and never resting, as a place where a team begins an epic journey and never ends it because one person leaves for a while. This RP will focus on our ability to live and work together in a creative environment with natural hazards, common goals, and simple teamwork. The ability to hunt and be hunted, to discover new and exciting places in the natural gardens of our home, to live and work together in a society will be our adventures here. This RP will be drop in, drop out. If anyone leaves, the society as a whole can keep going. Like a journal entry, anyone can come and describe their day in Hometree and the surrounding jungle at any time, interact with other members, and at the completion of any interaction with other members simply end their story for the time being and return when they have time again to continue it.
Thoughts and suggestions for helping this work?
Here's the HEAVILY SPOILER FILLED detailed information on the planet, species, locations, et cetera. Courtesy Hiratsu for the linkage. ^^
http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_Wiki
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

Male Posts : 1104

Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora   Pandora EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Damn, when I saw the title to this thread, I thought it was going to be a roleplay based on Borderlands.... Oh well....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344895905#!/profile
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Female Posts : 349

Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora   Pandora EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:47 pm

A journal style would be hard to do on a forum. You really need a site like livejournal, dreamwidth, etc. to work that.

And do we need to focus on that clan? We wouldn't have to worry about canons if the focus was on another clan.
Back to top Go down
http://hiratsu.livejournal.com
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora   Pandora EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, by journal style I mean some days you'll write in it, some days you might not. Not necessarily that you write about it like a journal, but that you aren't obligated to stick to a continuum of thought once a miniadventure ends.

As for the other tribes... Well, personally I can play the cannons if we need to, I'm kind of wanting to do the Omatacaya because I'm familiar with the area around Hometree. Which is why I'm also heavily considering prequel, not sequel. It gives us a lot of indepth knowledge of things that might otherwise by up to us to figure out.
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora   Pandora EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Well. As long as people don't let anyone hanging I can see that working.

Yes, but that's why it might be more fun to take another clan. What about the Huyutikaya clan? Ww don't really know much about them, they could just as well be a rainforest clan as well. We wouldn't need to change too much, but enought that it would seem fresher.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora   Pandora EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Hmm... If you'll help me work out the details, and everyone showing interest can agree, then I see no reason some other similar forest location couldn't work. ^^
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora   Pandora EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:11 pm

*Super Mod Bumpage!!!*
Okay, I've read assloads more about Pandora and the Na'vi than any human aught to have to for anything short of a homework assignment. This is going to work if I have to RP it by myself. Which I probably will half the time anyways... >.>
Okay, the usual CS stuff. ^^

Name:
Age: (Please note that Na'vi age way faster than humans, childhood is <10 years. So a 12yo Na'vi would be fully grown **For future reference in this thread, any fade-to-black or explicit scenes WILL include characters older than 16 in Na'vi years, at least. I don't mind that because they're fully grown they can technically be screwing around at 12, but I won't have any number lower than 16 involved in sex in one of my RPs, regardless of racial timeline.**)
Clan: Huyuticaya - PM if other, I'm still working out kinks and this may be the only group involved for the time being.
Occupation: Scavenger, farmer (We don't farm much, so it's not a huge tract of land, you'd just generally take care of the forest so it keeps taking care of us...), hunter, warrior (usually has a second job for peacetime), leader (PM for positions), et cetera.
Description: Blue, you can specify a shade if you'd like, patterns of spots are unique so if you'd like to have a certain body marking pattern you can... Clothing of course, some of it optional and almost none of it excessively well covering. Jewelery or other adornments... Eye color... Anything else you think of, like scars or what have you.
Biography: As long as you want it, or even rather short. I'm not particularly picky about what you put down as your history, so long as you know your character pretty well, your backstory can be in your head if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora   Pandora EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 2:10 am

Just putting this down until I get the chance to finish it

Name: Nariyu
Clan: Huyuticaya
Aperance:
Spoiler:
Biography: Coming soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pandora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pandora   Pandora Empty

Back to top Go down

Pandora
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Drama Haters RPG :: Drama Free - Role Play District :: The OoC'ness :: The RolePlay Recycling Centre-
Jump to: