Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Education In Snowboards.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paradigm
Outcast
Outcast
Paradigm

Female Posts : 1003

An Education In Snowboards. Empty
PostAn Education In Snowboards.

Right, I'm gonna give you all an education in my passion... well, one of them. I am a snowboarder. I'm not amazing at it, but I am good and improve every day that I practice at work. I'm that dedicated to improving I'll snowboard for a whole day and keep trying til I get it right. I shredded for 2 hours on a fractured wrist when I was learning- that's how much I wanted to do it and I was determined enough to not realise I'd broken anything.

No, I haven't been on a moutain, yes I want to go there and yes I want to be able to teach eventually. It's an amazing ambition of mine because I'd get to earn money doing something I personally love. Also, amazing talking point at work seeming as everyone makes use of the free Slope Passes.

So, back to the education. I've been messing around on an Icon Wallpaper 156 (1st image). For the slope I ride on at work, this board is a little too big- mainly because there's not enough snow for it to be of any great use other than taking down skiers. Usually you buy a board based on how you ride, your height and your weight. THIS BOARD IS PERFECT FOR ME- if I were on a mountain. See, mountains have thicker snow and you need a longer board to stop you sinking into the ground. I don't do tricks on rails because I don't want to scratch, dent or break my boards. Waxing them takes time and I love them too much to run them along a dirty rail.
This board may be great, but we have a thinner layer of snow at work so I need a smaller board. Check, the Rome Solution 149 (2nd image, mine's the orange one). Now, the numbers like 156 and 149 are the length of the board. 7cm might not seem like a lot of difference but in reality, it affects your riding alot. The Rome board is also great for tricks and playing on so if I wanted to start doing bigger jumps and stuff this will be the one I choose. It's directional, which means the front end is a bit longer than the back end, which means I have to pick a leading foot to ride with. The Icon isn't directional so I can go down whichever way I want really.

Leading feet! Ok, so when you learn snowboarding- you find ou that you need find your leading foot. If you're "regular": your left foot is the one at the front of your board- the one that goes down the slope first. If you're "goofy" then you're right foot forward. Typically.... I'm goofy.

Next are my bindings, the things that house my boots on my board. Now I've only ever used one type of binding and that's the Burton Custom Whites (3rd image). These are the fastest selling type of binding and one of the most reliable ones. Easy to replace anything that breaks on them and this season's orange pair will look great on my Solution when I buy them Wink

Boots? Burton Ruler size 8 (4th image). Normally I'm a size 7 but the size up, for me, is more comfortable and actually keeps my feet warmer. My boots are pretty soft so I can turn easier. Some people like to have stiff boots that keep your legs straight but honestly I like to just chill and listen to music while I board. Not too harsh on the calves if I choose to stand and chat either.

So, there's a breakdown of my basic gear. All photo's and pictures will be replaced when I can be bother to get pics of my own at home so you can see how used and mashed it all is haha.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

An Education In Snowboards. :: Comments

No Comment.

An Education In Snowboards.

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Drama Haters RPG :: Drama Free - Writing Bistro :: Paradigm's Blog-