Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Awakened

Go down 
+2
Hiratsu
Shiroi-Ka
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:01 pm

“If this keeps up, we have to pull the plug.”

“No. We waited three years for this project to reach human testing! I won’t let this end like this. If they don’t complain or start acting weird, this project continues and nobody will ever know.”

“Those readings are not normal! They could die! This is about more than a sleep aid now, I won’t go to jail for you.”

“I know. I don’t expect you to… Just give me some time, if it gets worse I’ll call the board and report the anomaly. Right now, we don’t know what these scans mean. For all we know, this is just a deeper state of sleep than we’ve ever recorded.”

“I understand that, but the last time I saw EEG patterns like that, the patient was being electrocuted by a malfunction. I won’t let this get out of hand. If even one of them says they feel odd when they wake up, I’m calling the FDA myself.”

“You won’t have to. I’m worried too…”

The voices, low but panicked, meant little to Will. He was almost there, he could feel it… He looked at his hands, counting the fingers. He looked around him, the settings all stable and logical. He heard the voice, the nameless guide that was walking him through the creation of a meeting grounds. The clouds, ranging from pale white wisps to great black storm heads, moved restlessly above him. The open field held only a few scattered trees, the long grass swaying slightly in a breeze that didn’t exist.

This was where he would meet himself. This was where the voice had told him that his questions would be answered. “I’m ready.” He whispered, knowing that in this world his voice would carry forever. The clouds raged in response, bolts of lightning flashing down. They came from everywhere, but they all hit the same spot. Over and over, the discharges slammed into the ground, lighting the grass up with a visible current, not able to burn and scorch the ground in this strange world.

The being was here, and he was beautiful… Will couldn’t truly see him, but the impression of power and grace and raw intellect washed over him with all the primal force the storm could muster. “Are you alright?”

“Are you alright, Mr. Freedan?” The nurse was shaking him awake, tearing away the last vestiges of the dream world. “You were crying in your sleep. Are you okay?” She was concerned, nervous, even a little scared.

“I’m fine, just an odd dream. What time is it?” Will could remember most of the dream. The last bit seemed to be the most important, and it stayed with him clearly. The first half, the endless searching and learning to shape his dreams, was already slipping away.

The nurse was busily disconnecting the various monitors from his forehead, small patches that tried and failed to be comfortable. “It’s five to seven, Mr. Freedan. I was just coming to wake you up anyways. Are you sure you’re alright? No headache, disorientation, nausea?”

“I’ll be fine. A little distracted by the dream, but that’s normal for me. I always have strong dreams.” The nurse seemed to calm down a bit, lost in her own thoughts. “That’s good, good… I’ll leave you to get ready now.” She smiled at him, and left the small observation room.
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Female Posts : 349

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:48 am

Well this isn't freaky at all, Felicia Parker thought to herself, staring up at the giant snow replicas of herself and various figures from her life. The whole place felt like a weird sort of cross between a Christmas special and a Calvin & Hobbes strip. "Emphasis on the latter," she muttered, examining the monstrous shape of her old roommate.

She knew this was a dream, if only because she remembered falling asleep, thanks to whatever drug the doc had given her. But even with the knowledge, she found herself unable to wake up. Frustrated, she kicked at one of the sculptures (this one of the cop that kept on busting her for something) and knocked a chunk of packed snow away.

"Hey. You know how long it took to build one 'o those things?" an eerily familiar voice asked. Felicia turned around and came face-to-face with another snow version of herself, thankfully normal-sized, and it was giving her an almost mocking look. The snow Felicia spoke again, "Besides, you got better things to do then destroy my hard work."

This is weird. Even for my dreams. "Better things?" Felicia snorted. "Like what?"

"Like this," and the snow being suddenly lunged and grabbed Felicia's shoulder, freezing to the skin instantly.

Felicia suddenly felt cold, all over, and it wasn't entirely unpleasant. The snow her was staring at her with pupil-less eyes and it was really creepy, only it wasn't and she was feeling oddly calm and peaceful like nothing at all could really completely hurt her and she was feeling colder and shivering but it wasn't all that bad and the shivering was kind of nice and those eyes were still watching her but now they seemed to morph or maybe melt and with a jolt Felicia realized she was now awake.

The nurse was staring at her now with a look of concern. "Are you alright?" Without waiting for an answer she reached out and felt for Felicia's pulse.

"Wh-what happened?" She was still shaking off sleep, and Felicia just knew that dream was important,but the nurses' concern seemed worrying.

A few tense moments passed before the nurse answered. "Apparently nothing. I guess the EKG glitched, because for a moment it seemed like your heart had abnormally slowed." She smiled reassuringly. "But it seems everything's fine. You don't feel anything odd, trouble breathing, headache, anything like that?"

Felicia started to shake her head, then stopped, thinking of something. "I did have an odd dream," she offered.

The nurse nodded, making a mental note of that. "Alright. Well, you're almost cleared to go, so you can get ready now. I believe the doctor wants to talk with everyone before you can leave." And she left, most likely to check on anyone else involved in the trial.
Back to top Go down
http://hiratsu.livejournal.com
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:48 pm

John sighed and took a stance, facing a rather personal battle in his head. Before today had gotten weird and he had taken the drug to actually get a decent nice sleep for once, John Corter had been wandering about Reddings, looking for a way to get his life together. Being born to an abusive household was not something he would wish on his most hated enemy, although those that wanted his head were a rather long line that went around the block...twice. It was always the hair that drew the bastards in. To John though, it just meant he had a few extra punching bags that needed a good beating when they got out of line with those that couldn't fight themselves. Shaking his head gold blonde head of hair, John looked on the tornado like thing that seemed strangely human shaped, except it was nearly invisible except for the leaves and twigs that swirled about it's body in a rough outline of the thing. "Who are you?" They were standing in an empty field, a constant wind blowing across that stirred nothing except for John's hair.

You and what you could become. It replied, seeming to feel so familiar to the fighter and rebel that John Corter was at the time. If you wish the power to protect those that cannot protect themselves, become stronger in the force of nature that is unseen yet felt by everyone as soon as they take their first breaths. An invisible yet destructive force when focused, shaped, and manipulated according to your will...John Corter. The dream ended and John sat up, feeling rested for the first time in a long time, a nurse standing over him as he came about. "The Hell was that?"

"Strange dreams for you too sir?" She asked, helping him to sit up before backing up and writing something down on her clipboard.

"Yeah...otherwise I feel fine. Everyone else had the same thing?" John asked, only getting a slight nod in response. He didn't wait for the ok as he got dressed and went to the meeting spot the doctors had set up for afterward. He had read the introduction manual from front to back, unlike everyone else. John was nothing if not thorough...
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

Female Posts : 451

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:36 am

"Just lay here, Miss Graten, and let yourself fall asleep. The EKG will be monitoring your brainwaves while you are out and we'll be back in the morning to check up on you. Are you comfortable? Do you have any questions?"

Shylla shook her head and lay down carefully. She didn't like having stuff stuck to her face while she slept. It would have been easier with some weed. Normally, she wouldn't need "sleep aids" to help her get to sleep, just one single hit of a joint and she'd be off in sleepy-land. However, with no money and no way to buy marijuana, Shylla supposed getting free meds and a free bed came as a close second. "No, it's Redding, I can't be comfortable. And like yeah, do you guys believe in air-conditioning, cause your desert is leaking into my room." She replied with a dry sarcasm in her voice.

The nurse replied by shaking her head and leaving Shylla to fall asleep in piece. "Alright sleep, we got some work to do..." she mumbled as her mind faded quickly into the first stages of the sleep cycle. Oddly, she'd never fallen so quickly for she had thoughts miles a minute.

When she was conscious of her surroundings again, she heard the familiar clangs and disharmonic clashes of a screamo punk. She kept her eyes closed, taking in the soothing sounds, like home, like childhood, and let herself steep in the noise. Smoke and bodies crashed into her skin. They were all following the rhythm of the band, however uncoordinated they all were.

Shylla remained still, finally succumbing to curiosity and opening her eyes. She was in a theatre, an old theatre with moldings and columns, now covered in graffiti, rebellious thoughts, and half-pipes. It was the theatre her parents constantly played at when she was a child.

Up on the stage, a faceless band played with all there heart and soul, while giving up all musicality in the effort, but Shylla knew that's all that was understood in these crowds.

"What band is this?!" She yelled out at the top of her lungs just to be heard as a whisper.

"Does it matter?" someone replied.

Shylla stood on the floor amongst the mass of faceless fans, moshing as if they needed to get out all aggression for their torn up lives. She threw herself around for awhile, but she found she wasn't angry at anything and so with grace, she slipped out into the lobby.

The lobby was empty, but odd enough, it didn't lead out to the small street in San Francisco. Instead, the wall opened up to the base of a mountain where a girl crouched low at the base, leaning on her two hands, into the slant of the mountain.

"What are you doing?" Shylla asked, taking a step outside where the sun now shined.

"I creating a path," the girl replied, straining as she pushed against the mountain side. The wind blew and her firey red lushious curls swayed like candle light in the path of breath.

Shylla took another step towards her, feeling the heat radiating from the girl's body "You need some help?"

The girl nodded, still pushing against the mountain. Shylla walked up next to the girl and let herself fall so she was in the same position. For a moment she pushed, but stopped to turn and see what the girl was doing.

Her lips formed into a curious frown. "Hey, you look like me. Except, you, like, have really nice hair." The girl laughed, her the fire in her eyes flickering, and again nodded before pushing on the mountain again.

Shylla resumed the work as well. "Cool beans," she whispered.

The girl echoed. "Yup, cool beans."

When Shylla woke up, she woke up with the vigor of a woman with a new life. She laughed energetically when the nurse came in. "I don't know what you put in that pill you gave me, but man, like, I never even had trips like that on acid. That dream was like hella dope!"

Her nurse just nodded and wrote a few things down. "You folks have outdone yourself. If you sold this on the street, you'd be fuckin' rich!"

The nurse didn't seem concerned. She just nodded again and left the room.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Will ignored the slight buzzing of the ceiling lights and the sporadic attempts of the monitoring equipment to find a source of input when detached from his forehead while he got himself dressed and ready to head to work. He had a full days programming ahead of him, and felt in a wonderful mood to do it. He stepped into the lobby, the lights also flickering slightly, and walked through to the entrance hall. A small sign pointed off the side of the hall into a waiting room, where a dozen or so people sat around in varying states of irritation, boredom, and relaxation. He took a seat next to a blond kid with way too much hair. A nurse sat in the corner, looking somewhat nervous.
"Hello, I'm Doctor Shell." The gentleman in the lab coat looked about forty, though the salt in his hair probably made him look older than he was. "As you probably know, some of you have just had a nights sleep augmented by the new drug I've been developing. Others have spent the night with a harmless gelatin pill, a placebo to prove the effectiveness of the pill is not just based on the confidence of the user. I should note that some of you, both on and off the real medicine, reported unusual dreams. If anyone experiences any side effects, such as dizziness, mood changes, fainting, or stomach problems, you should return here if possible for a thorough examination and medical assistance. The nearest emergency room is recommended for serious problems such as unconsciousness lasting more than a few seconds. I'd like to personally thank you all for participating in tonight's test, and to remind you to return tonight at ten o'clock for your second treatment."
The doctor had stepped into the room from a door on the far side, went through his brief speech as he set a stack of papers next to the door, and stepped back out just as quickly. The nurse in the corner stood up and began passing out the papers, Will took his and examined the sheet. He glanced up at the nurse and started to form a question, only to be interrupted by someone at the other end of the room who had finished first. "Mrs? Why are we getting another incidental harm form? We already signed a waver for medical issues regarding the medicine. Is there something different about this form, or are we going to have to keep signing these releases every day for the whole two months?"
The nurse glanced nervously towards the door where Dr. Shell had left from, and seemed to steel herself to a conclusion. "Actually, some of the subjects exhibited unusual brain functions during the test. This is a more comprehensive waver based on those results..." She seemed to be debating on saying more, but held her tongue and ignored several protests long enough to reach the exit and close the door firmly behind her. Will stared at the door in confusion. Unusual brain function? What was that supposed to mean? He sat around for a moment, waiting for the hubbub in the room to die out before he could make his way to his car.
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Looking bored and slightly irritated at this whole mess, John glared openly at the doctor but he signed the paperwork all the same. When he handed it back, he couldn't help but wonder what the others had dreamed about, but he wasn't about to ask here. Besides, despite the whole shit about coming here for help if anything felt odd, which by John's reckoning would probably be too late to make a difference anyway, the teenager actually felt well rested, if not a little weirded out by the wind spirit that had spoke to him. Something told him, whether it was his usual brand of distrust for anyone but himself or something else altogether, that he hadn't seen the last of the wind thing that had been in that empty field...an empty field that John knew all too well.

The empty park was a place of sanctuary for the small boy who had ran away repeatedly from his father who wasn't afraid to show him the back of his fist every day since momma left. Why did he have to be in pain all the time? What did he do wrong? Hiding up in a small tree, the little blonde haired kid pulled his knees up as best he could in his little hideaway and cried his heart dry whenever he came up here. Shaking his head, John wondered why that memory had come up when it had. He wasn't one to dwell, that was for sure except for one thing. Shaking his head again, John got up and went to the door, feeling a draft hit him on the back as well as moving a few papers on a nearby table. "What the hell?" Probably just a window open somewhere. It is more and you know it. A part of his mind argued, but again John just brushed the thought away and hit the streets of Reddings, walking home and grabbing a paper on his way to see if any jobs were available.
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:16 am

Shylla was more alert than usual. Perhaps this clarity came from not smoking for a day. She frowned, burrowing into her seat. She supposed she would have to try it more often. The feeling was sort of pleasant and she could clearly understand all the speakers without having to try so hard.

"Mrs? Why are we getting another incidental harm form?" Someone yelled from the audiene.

"It's because we have to stay in Redding!" she offered, hearing a few giggles and murmurs at her comment. She grinned, letting herself sink further into a slouch in her seat.

One of the doctors proposed an answer. "Actually, some of the subjects exhibited unusual brain functions during the test. This is a more comprehensive waver based on those results..."

Shylla snorted and rolled her eyes. "Are you sure it's not because we're in Redding?!" she asked, not serious at all, but still spiteful of the place chosen for the experiment. She sighed when nobody listened to her this time. "Whatev's. just give me the form and I'll sign them."

After people had began to file through and the place was less congested, she mozied her way to the door, grabbing her own paper and documents before heading out the door to look for some food.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Will arrived at his home, a small apartment on the fifteenth floor, very much annoyed and in less than sanitary odor. Fifteen flights of stairs will do that, when the elevator decides to freak out and refuse to close for you, despite the heavy bags of groceries...
To make matters worse, the only thing he hadn't bought today was light bulbs, and of course the first thing to go when he gets inside is the living room bulb. Wonderful. He set the non-perishables on the table and unloaded the cold, correction, cool items into the fridge and freezer before booting up his computer.
Some people played on laptops, there was a lot to be said of playing anywhere you went... But his games tended to need just a little more power. With ten gigabytes of ram and the latest of everything, his computer could move mountains at the click of a key... His fingers brushed almost lovingly across the board, and it seemed to spring to life at his touch. His fingers flew, crashing through his favorite sites, opening up source codes and accessing moderator-only threads... The internet was his home. He searched through for about thirty minutes, checking his back doors and knocking out a few viral links that had surfaced in his claimed turf. He didn't like people getting viruses from the sites he went to, it was just rude. When he finally had calmed down a bit, he turned his attention to work.
As a programmer, Mr. Freedan worked out bugs, tested system limits, and performed a variety of tests on software sent to him to see what needed to be improved, what needed to be changed, and what the company would have to learn to live with and avoid. He wasn't the best in his field, but he was by no means a novice... He was working freelance currently on the latest update of his favorite freeware internet browser. He busily typed away well into a sunny afternoon before he started to notice it.
It wasn't some dramatic, sudden realization. There was no audible click as he suddenly started to do it. He just somehow caught onto the fact that the keys weren't clicking quite as often as the should be. The quiet had somehow broken into his concentration, his fingers weren't reaching for the further keys anymore. That wasn't unusual, sometimes after a while his hands got tired and he just stopped typing. The really unusual part was that the computer didn't seem to have noticed his lack of input.
He was typing at well over a hundred fifty words per minutes, and his fingers never left the homeline. As soon as he realized this, the computer stopped keeping up. It looked like a child caught making ugly faces behind the speaker on stage, it wasn't going to continue until he wasn't looking anymore. Will saved his work, closed out the program, and turned off the computer. He looked over at the clock, made a quick dinner, and left the apartment for the sleep clinic. Clearly he hadn't gotten enough sleep on that pill last night, because he was very much delusional. Computers did NOT write programs on their own. In a matter of minutes, he was lying on the bed with electrodes on his forehead and a pill on his nightstand, the first to arrive for the night's treatment.
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Walking to the park, John leaned over the stone wall and saw his old spot. The park had been on his way...and the teen had felt the urge to visit the place. This is your place of sanctuary. Tsk...that didn't work nearly as well as I hoped back then. Sighing, John started to turn away, running his hand through his blond hair before feeling another draft him in the back. Turning back to his 'sanctuary', John's breath stopped in his chest for half a second when he saw the same twig and wind thing he had seen in his dream before it disappeared as quickly as he saw it. "What the hell?" Rubbing his eyes, John sighed and ran the rest of the way home, or at least what he called a home anyway, sad excuse that it was. It was more akin to an old abandoned warehouse than any real home, but it was his home and John was happy to have anything really. The outside was rusted and corroded beyond any hope of being repaired without being torn down first or burned. It wasn't much, but it was enough for John, at least for the time being.
Back to top Go down
esjaya
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
esjaya

Female Posts : 54

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Kallan loved the sea, so it was no surprise to her that she dreamed of it. What was a surprise was how powerfully she dreamed of it.
She sat at the edge of the surf as it rolled in lapping at her toes. The sea air caressed her cheek and had that smell most comforting to her. The sun was just rising in the distance, no it was setting, no it was rising... "Shut up it doesn't matter" she chided the sun and it continued setting. "stupid dream" she muttered to her self. "I'm going for a swim" she told the rock sitting next to her that hadn't been there before, then she striped and ran down into the sea. The water was warm and inviting and she never felt more at home though oddly she only swam in her dreams. "why is that?" she asked a crab as she swam over it.
"because your a silly girl who doesn't know what s good for you" the crab replied.
She stopped. "and whats good for me Mr. Crab?"
"this" the crab replied
Laughing Kallan swam on. further and further out to sea. when she got tired she stopped to float on top of the waves. The sun had figured out where he wanted to be and was rising behind her now. "i wish the sea would carry me away to where i can just be my self" she sighed closing her eyes. when she opened them she was back in her room dressed for a concert in a flowing gown of pale blue that darkened at the bottom and had pearls sewn all over it. Her hair was done up with a mother of pearl comb and fish bobby pins swam in her golden curls. Suddenly there was a knock on her door and her father walked in.
"You look pretty enough to be a picture, are you nervous?" he asked kindly
"Um aren't you dead?" Kallan returned a bit shocked to see him there in a tux
"Yes but you needed a guide" he smiled as he offered her his arm
Trustingly she took it. And they walked out onto a massive stage. "Sing daughter" he whispered before disappearing all together.
"Wait what?" she spun around looking for him, then noticed the orchestra and full house before her.
"Just sing" a voice whispered in her ear
So she closed her eyes and centered her attention deep with in her self and felt something stir. Taking a calming breath she reached for it again. And there it was, as calm as the sea as big as the world, as powerful as a tsunami, she took hold of it and sang her favorite song with all the power and conviction that her voice coaches begged for but she could never give them. Aria after aria, song after song, wave after wave she gave her self up to it.

"Miss, Miss." someone was shaking her awake.
"Oh you would wake me up at the best part" she mumbled trying to wave the hands that were shaking her away.
"Beg your pardon?" that same someone said
"No I'm a wake now I cant get it back. Never mind. Why am i waking up?" she asked crossly
"Um its time to get up?" the persistent some one said.
"Fine but you ruined a perfectly lovely dream I hope you know that" Kallan opened her eyes to a bemused nurse pulling the monitoring equipment from her.
"I do now" she smiled before leaving.

Last edited by esjaya on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glory
HOMIE
Glory

Male Posts : 45

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:43 pm

(Sorry I sort of got a little "lazy" at parts... hope its acceptable.)

Anthony sat silently in a dark room; the only sound to keep him company is the soft ticking of a small clock sitting on the wall in front of him. He can sense the presence of something in the room, but it’s just that. A presence. Nothing more, at least not yet it still was forming, developing and he could tell it was something… primal. Something that could offer a lot… as well as demand a lot in return if it so wished, but he guessed, from the feel of it, that this thing wasn’t interested in taking anything. Anthony let his mind wander, playfully moving along from one thought to the next until he felt a solid presence sitting in front of him.

“Hello” Anthony said with a smile, his eyes still closed. He could feel the aura of the person sitting across from him. It had a secluded feel, a bit like himself and he could also tell it was teaming with knowledge… and power. However willing it was to share it, well that he wasn’t fully sure of.

Hello, Anthony.” It said, the voice that came out was had a mixture of different accents, giving it a peculiar voice. It hadn’t named itself, so he wasn’t sure it had a name, but he would find it hard to believe that something like… this could exist without a name. Anthony resolved to open his eyes, in order to catch a glimpse of this being. Upon doing so he was met with blackness. Utter and total darkness, the kind that makes you think you have gone blind, or makes you wonder if you did, in fact, open your eyes in the first place; the kind of blackness that sends your heart racing and conjures images out of the darkest recesses of your mind.

Anthony remained calm and slowly pulled out a lighter he had in his pocket and flipped it on. The blackness flared briefly, as it hurt by the light. The being before him was tattered, and beaten as if he had journeyed the world with nothing but the clothes on his back and having to work every step of the trip. His eyes were bloodshot and had bags under their eyes. Its face was gaunt and looked like it hadn’t had a meal in a long time, but the smile on his face contradicted everything his body said was wrong. It was a smile that one might expect from a child who had just received the best thing in the world, something they had been longing for and had had to wait a long time to receive it. The kind of smile that warmed hearts and made people long to see it again.

Then the darkness flared back into place. The creature chuckled softly, and began to break out into full bellied laughs. “That’s the first time you’ve truly seen yourself, isn’t it?” it asked as its echo of laughs died out.

“That would depend upon who you are.” Anthony replied, a small grin splayed across his face. This bought another round of chuckles from the being.

“I am you. I am what you are and can become. I represent your true self, in a sense.” The voice had gained a bit of a serious edge now, one that made Anthony pay more attention to what it was saying. “However, the important thing for you to do now is wake up.”

“W...Wake up?” Anthony repeated. He was surprised by this turn of events.

“Yes, wake up.” The voice was beginning to sound different, more feminine and a thousand times more annoying. Why is it when things become interesting I always wake up. Anthony thought, most irritated as he began to regain his conscious state, one that was infinitely less enjoyable.

“Wake up sir… It’s time to wake up.” The nurse said as she nudged him gently, trying to get him to wake up. “Please sir… wake up.” She begged, a bit more desperate. The hell is wrong with these people… I mean good lord I was getting to the good part now their getting all freaky on me.

Anthony opened his eyes and narrowed them at the nurse, who squeaked and jumped back a step. “Yeah… I’m up. Unfortunately.” He commented, sitting up and yanking off some of the wired connected to his chest due to small sticky pads. His eyes darted over the room and noticed it was darker than usual, they like to be rather cheery in the mornings, unfortunately, he remembered.

The nurse looked upset that he was just yanking off the pads, but didn’t comment on it, instead asking if anything was strange, or if he felt different than usual. “If I were…” He began, a scornful tone in his voice “I would be complaining. However I am not so, obviously, I am not experiencing anything different.” The woman huffed and stamped out of the room, to which Anthony sighed with relief. He didn’t like many people, and generally, they didn’t like him back. However this was never a problem for him because he liked to be isolated from others. They generally had nothing to offer him in terms of conversation or interests since he didn’t actually like many things.

He blinked a few times and looked around the room. It was darker than usual and the light that was coming through the window seemed diluted… somehow… less. “What the hell is with this room…” He muttered as he finished dressing and walked out of his room to the main hallway which had quite a number of posters all of which telling patients to report to the waiting area to listen to an announcement from the staff of the experiment. He muttered an unintelligible comment about the staff, but walked to the waiting area and took his seat in a corner of the room which, oddly enough, seemed to darken as he sat down.

He listened, half heartedly, as Dr. Shell gave his speech and explained the need for the next waver. Which Anthony signed and motioned for the woman who was handing them out to continue on and went back to listening to a few of the questions asked. He personally didn’t care why he was needed to sign another waver so long as he got to speak with… well with himself, technically. They were dismissed and he walked out to his car, throwing himself into the driver’s seat and waiting there for a moment before starting the car and driving back to his home.

It would be his misfortune to endure a day of haywire lighting, both artificial and otherwise, reading old books, surfing the web aimlessly, and at one point practicing his shot outside in his driveway on the basketball hoop that was positioned over his garage. He could hardly wait for when he could return to the facility in order to get another chance at speaking with the creature and it was the one thing that kept him in a reasonable mood the entire day.

Soon Anthony was on his merry way back to the facility to receive his next night of fulfilling chat with himself. Which, if he said it out loud, would make him sound completely crazy, but because he had experienced it he knew, knew with an utter certainty that scared him a little. He pulled his car into the parking lot and tried to keep his heart from beating fast enough to jump out of his chest. He walked into the complex and within minutes he was in his room swallowing his pill, and being strapped to monitoring machines. When sleep finally came Anthony welcomed it graciously and was swept away into his own little world, awaiting the arrival of himself.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 2:28 pm

You know it's something more than that... Just listen for a moment and you'll realize you're right.
Will ignored the voice, kept his eyes shut, willed himself to be tired and to stop smelling ozone...
What do you mean, sane people don't hear voices? You hear people all the time, you hypocrite. Just because I don't have a body doesn't mean I'm not here...
He came close to opening his eyes at that one, it was just disturbing listening to someone as if they're right next to you, complaining about not being payed attention to. Worse still, when they sound almost exactly like you. He scratched an itch on his leg idly and rolled over.
Stop trying, you won't get any sleep tonight. Or tomorrow. Or ever again, actually. You don't need it, you can see my world any time you'd like now. All you have to do... Is get up, and open your eyes to it.
Will checked the time on the alarm clock, though he already knew the answer. Something in the way the small lights hummed told him which spots were glowing with electricity and which where dead, it was three in the morning and he'd been watching that clock like a hawk even with his eyes closed.
See? See it? Just like last time. Can't you see it yet?
Will closed his eyes again. No, it wasn't there, it didn't exist. There was NOT a hand on top of the alarm clock. There was NOT an electric aura surrounding the clocks and the wire, there was NO SUCH THING as a dream world that could interact with real life. This was a side effect of the drug, and he would be talking to the doctors about it in the morning first thing. In three hours and fifty nine minutes, and sixteen seconds. He checked the clock again to confirm it. No, that was not a hand there. He closed his eyes once more.
You really might be delusional, come to think of it. That's the only possible reason for you totally ignoring me. I'm here trying to do us a favor, trying to get my kicks out of helping you to become one of the most powerful men in this country, and you don't believe I exist. That's quite the delusion you've got there, Will.
He opened his eyes and glared at the mimicry of himself, the see through energy that would be his height, his size, exactly the same shape as himself...
You do realize that if you tell them what you're seeing, and I don't go away when you stop taking the pill, you'll just wind up in a straight jacket right?
That did it, he was getting out of this place. Hospitals were a creepy place, and he was just aggravating this... Condition, by staying here. He got up, ignoring the minor complaints of the monitoring equipment as he disconnected it and got dressed. A nurse knocked on the door briefly.
"Mr. Freedan? Are you feeling well? It's not morning yet. There's a bedpan under your bed if you need it, but we'd like for you to put the pads back on where we had them if you don't mind..."
He continued to dress, and finally opened the door and walked out past the diminutive nurse. "Mr. Freedan, what seems to be the problem?"
"I'm going out for the night, I can't sleep." He walked quickly to the door, giving her no chance to argue. She didn't bother, minimum wage wasn't enough for her to try to restrain someone twice her size. He kept walking right past his car, and off down the street.
I'm still here you know. You could say something so I'm not just having this conversation with myself...
"I'm not crazy, I don't..." He cut himself off, clearly contradicting himself.
No, you're not. And neither am I. What you are, what we are, is awakened. That pill changed your mind, it made you different. You can see me, you can see my world now. This is real, and you're about to realize that you're something more than just an above average nerd.
Will stopped cold. Above average nerd? He turned to look at the hallucination following him silently. "That's a bit rude, considering I'm the one who dreamed you up, jackass."
Back to top Go down
esjaya
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
esjaya

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Kallan went home after the meeting she was too distracted to pay attention to and managed to read all the paperwork that was backed up on her desk at home. With the sun in the window and her water fountain playing behind her she didn't notice when the power to her apartment got turned off. The sun set and when she went to switch on the light it wouldn't go.
"but the fountain is still on" she muttered and walked over to it, it was also unplugged. "odd..." and the water stopped. sighing she turned to the mail that had stacked up and sure enough there was a notice saying the power company was cutting her off at 8am that morning. "before i got home" she flipped it over "but the fountain was playing when i walked in..." she looked back over at it the still water not even rippling "and its been unplugged the whole time" knowing it wouldn't work and that she was crazy to try she wished the fountain would play again. "nothing" shaking her head she turned back to the kitchen to find some candles to light. it was too late to pay it now even if she did have the money. The fountain started again as she rummaged in a cupboard for something nonperishable to eat that she could make with out burning down the place, but she didn't notice. The soothing sounds of water over rocks kept her company until it was time to go back to the clinic.
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Sitting up from a terrible nightmare, having fallen asleep on his piece of crap couch. Damn...another dream about it...about that time... Shaking his head, John rolled over and sat up as he did so, not even realizing he was a foot off the floor. Looking down, the blonde haired kid stopped as he was rubbing his eyes, blinked, and immediately fell on his butt hard enough to jar his teeth. When the shock was over, John about screamed as he realized he had just levitated for half a minute. "What the Hell did they put in me?" Getting slowly to his feet again, John calmed himself down as best he could, going to the only punching bag he had since his old master's dojo had burned down a year ago, taking the man with him. Smoking in bed, or so they said anyway, except John knew for a fact that he had never smoked a day in his life. UFC was a demanding sport, and while John hadn't competed, his old sensei had trained him hard as if he had plans to fight in the sport. Cleaning up and getting a quick bite to eat from his fridge, John started his slow way back to the clinic, hoping the drug they had him on wasn't making him crazy in the process.
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Shylla did not do much on her day out; she looked for some weed, she couldn't get her hands on it. That was another reason Redding sucked; the dealers didn't take IOUs. She also looked for some food, shoplifted some beef jerky. She probably could have bought the bag, but she was saving up and didn't want to bother with cash.

"Shylla, babe!" A friend hers called from a bench in a park she was chillin' in. Shylla rolled out from her curled position on the bench she'd taken leave on and squinted at the figure standing above her.

"Cory?" She asked, the sunlight finally balancing in her eyes, the figure of a woman becoming clear. "Dude, what the fuck are you doing in Redding?!" She jumped up and gave Cory a bearhug, smushing her old friend in a tight hold.

Cory laugh and bumped fists with Shylla. "Man, I live here! What the hell are you doing here?! Last I heard you were stuck homeless and jobless in fuckin' Humbohlt. I mean why'd you come here?!"

Shylla laughed and sank back down on the bench. "I'm still both, but I found this study they're doing. They were advertising it on my old campus. Anyway, it's something for sleep and I always had trouble sleepin', ya know?"

The bench creaked as Cory sat, letting out jovial laughter. "Good drugs?"

Shylla crossed her arms in front of her chest, leaning back into the bench contentedly. "Fuck. Yes. I'll see if I can jack you some tonight."

Cory grinned, leaning on Shylla. In a moment, her grin turned to a frown and her slender hand was on Shylla's forhead. "Dude. You're fuckin' hot."

"No way, this hair cut is bullshit."

"No, no, I mean like, you're feverish." Cory cupped her hand on Shylla's forehead, her brow furrowed in worry. "Bad reaction to the drug."

"Cory, I feel fine! It's actually really nice out, especially for Redding."

Cory frowned, taking her hand away. "Well... if you get me sick, I'm gonna kill you."

Shylla shrugged and slouched back so the sun shown in her face. "Whatev's, Cor, whatev's."

The rest of the day, the two chatted and slept on the bench. None of them had money for anything, so it was all they could do. The sun began to fall and the two went their separate ways. Cory went home and Shylla went back to the lab for more sleep.

"I pick the red pill, Doc," she said as she took the mandatory pill. She was hesitant to let anyone touch her; if they thought she was sick, she had no idea what they would do with her in the study and that was her paycheck.

The pill was easy to swallow even without water. Within minutes, she was feeling it's effects and she went to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 pm

"This feels crazy."
No shit, you're standing on the roof of a building listening to a dream nobody else sees tell you that you can cross the street without taking the stairs. Does this happen often?
"I thought you were supposed to be the one talking me into this?" Will was seriously having eighth thoughts now. He'd already walked up and down the last flight of stairs enough to have a nice workout, and his 'dream self' kept switching sides of the argument as if it were a joke.
No, I'm the one who's supposed to show you who you are. This will work, you just have to know that you can do it first.
"So, let me rehash this. You want me to concentrate on the rooftop, a good forty feet away, and picture myself there?"
The being stepped in front of him, a hazy outline of electrical current. Just like this. It stepped towards the opposite building and fizzled, reappearing with a small cracking noise a second later.
Will took a step back, his nerves fried. "This is such a stupid idea... Such a bad idea..." He stepped forwards, trying to visualize himself elsewhere. CRACK!
He blinked, more than a little confused. "What the hell?"
I told you. You just have to see yourself somewhere, and you're there. It's not that hard. Where are we, anyways?
Will looked around at his apartment, totally wrecked by what looked like a massive bolt of lightning. "Damn. I just got that microwave too..." Even as he spoke, his charred shirt managed to fall entirely off, smoking.
Let's stick to close range jumps for now, okay?
Back to top Go down
Glory
HOMIE
Glory

Male Posts : 45

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Anthony had been sitting in the same room as last time for, what seemed like, seconds before the same familiar darkness closed in around him and the any light that was left in the room vanished. There was a light chuckle from directly in front of him as Anthony shifted his weight in his chair. “What’s so funny?” He asked the apparition; which wasn’t the entirely correct seeing as how the apparition had labeled itself Anthony and what Anthony could become.

“Nothing in particular you just seem a little uncomfortable when there isn’t any light. Which is… odd.” It replied.

“Odd? I think it’s normal for any creature that relies on sight to want some light. Otherwise we are forced to use our lesser senses.” Anthony explained, even though he wasn’t very disturbed the lack of light, he wouldn’t have complained if there were some in the room. Regardless, he felt safe that the apparition wouldn’t harm him.

“And so you should. Why would I wish to harm you when I made it so clear that I only want to help.” This time the voice sounded more distressed than annoyed. “I mean honestly, how thick is that head of yours?” It sighed and they sat in silence for a few moments before Anthony piped up.

“So… I have some questions.”

“Well I happen to have some answers. Convenient isn’t it?” It replied

“Sure. Well anyways I guess my first question would be what are you?”

The apparition said nothing for a short time, probably considering how to answer in a way that Anthony would understand. “I…” it began “I am you. I am a reflection of your inner self. I am what you really are, but also what you have the potential to become.”

Anthony thought this over for a moment. What he was, what he could be? What was that supposed to mean, that he could just… Just be some sort of apparition that doesn’t fear the dark? “Why would I want to become like you? Why would I want to change?”

This earned a real chuckle from the thing. “Why? Why?” It was trying to talk through its laughs, and Anthony could feel it moving around in its chair. “That has to be one of the single most stupid questions I have ever heard.” He commented when he could finally breathe. “Why would you want total control over darkness, to see into the blackest of black as if it were day? You tell me.”

Anthony thought about this for a second before he replied, choosing his words carefully. “Your fucking crazy.”

“How so?”

“Well you say I can have total control over darkness, right? For starters, I can’t even see in here.”

“Oh, you know that is an issue. Hm…” The apparition thought about it this for a moment before he smiled and replied “We can fix that. Okay so first you need to hold out your arm.” Anthony obeyed. “Now just relax.” Again Anthony obeyed and tried to relax. It took a few moments before he felt anything and soon there was cool sensation moving up his arm and spreading through his body. It felt strange, sort of alien. He smiled softly, it was strange, yes, but it didn’t feel bad and it was relaxing.

“Alright, you can open your eyes.” The apparition said. Anthony hesitated for a second before he actually opened them, he didn’t know what to expect but he sure as hell wasn’t ready to see the thing before him as if they were standing on a sidewalk in broad daylight. He took in a quick breath and muttered a series of curses so grand a mother would have shoved an entire bar of soap in their own child’s mouth just for hearing it.

“W-what did you do to me?” A mild bit of panic seeped into Anthony’s voice. Surely it wasn’t normal for a human to see like this. It had to have been that a light was turned on, but upon further inspection nothing was askew. Except, of course, for the fact Anthony was seeing so clearly in pitch black darkness.

“I just helped awaken a smidgen of your potential. I mean, you wanted that right?” The apparition’s face turned its head a small bit, wondering if he had misinterpreted him.

“I mean… yes, technically, but I didn’t think it was possible… I was just being sarcastic, but… this is sort of cool.” Anthony said, his expression lightening a little bit. “So… what else do I get, or… learn.” Anthony asked, the little kid in him coming to the surface.

The apparition smiled broadly and nodded at Anthony’s acceptance of his ability. “Well you will be able to see in the dark from now on and you won’t ever need sleep again. Though you can still contact me, or rather I can be by your side and talk to you whenever we want.” The apparition took some time explaining what he meant by Anthony wouldn’t need sleep again and how he didn’t mean you wouldn’t be able to and be tired all the time. Anthony would no longer physically need sleep. His body functioned perfectly at all times and no longer had to take that annoying downtime.

Among Anthony’s chief concerns was “What the hell am I supposed to do with my nights now…” Again the apparition found this surprisingly funny, because it hadn’t occurred to Anthony that he could spend his extra time honing new skills, or gaining some new ability that he previously was without.

“So... Why me? Why do I get these abilities, or will get. Whatever… why me?” Anthony asked, he was serious with this question, because, to him, this didn’t add up. Why would someone want to give a guy who has few friends, almost no social life, and just stays holed up in his house.

“Why not?” The apparition asked in return. “I didn’t decide that you get them, I’m just you. I was trying to get to you and give you these tools. It’s your choice to use them.” The apparition yawned and looked around the room, inspecting it apparently. “Looks like our time is up.” It said with a smile and waved Anthony off.

“W-wait! I have more questions!” Anthony exclaimed as he felt himself being dragged away from the room.

“Don’t worry. Didn’t I say we could talk at any time we wished?” It said in a voice that was starting to become more of a thought then an actual corporeal voice.

Anthony resigned himself to waking up and was met with dimmest streaks of light slipping into his room from the light outside his door. He could, of course, see perfectly, but was unsure if it was because the light was enough so that he could see or if it was that strange power that he might actually have. “Perfect… Now what do I do…” He muttered.
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Having walked into the clinic without a word, and taking the pill as ordered by the doc, John was asleep and back in his field the moment his eyes shut. His wind spirit was in the tree this time, a small smile on its face. John had to wonder what it was for sure.

"I'm you John Corter and what you have the potential to become." It said, slowly hovering down to the still grass, not even making a single blade of the green move at all despite it standing on the ground.

"If you're me, then you know I don't believe in any of this shit." John replied, turning his back to the 'thing.' At least, that's what he had in mind until it seemed to appear right in front of him. "How the Hell?"

"You cannot run from the very wind and air that surrounds us all, no matter how hard you might wish to do so. You cannot run from your destiny, should you choose to embrace it of course. We have much to go over, as your old sensei would say." It put a hand on John's shoulder, but he stepped away, swinging his leg into the thing's stomach only to have it pass right through. Unbalanced, John fell to his butt again, but he didn't hit the ground as a draft of air hit him hard enough to level him back onto his feet.

"Ok, how did you do that?" John was curious enough to ask but nothing else.

"It is your own power that you must learn to control, if you want to survive the future trials that are to come." The spirit said, a few twigs and leaves forming its face, somehow appearing as John's own. "I can show you how, if you wish to learn, but you have to learn to believe in yourself and your ability to do what I am about to show you."

"Fine, let's get this over with then." John said, crossing his arms over his chest, which had a black t-shirt on and blue jeans again. "Do I need to relax and meditate kind of thing?"

"Yes." It replied simply. John just sighed and did what it asked, closing his eyes and trying to relax. A very strange feeling washed over him as storm clouds started to move in, being pulled in by John's wind elemental power. A funnel cloud started to form as John breathed in slowly and out again just as slowly, keeping his mind clear as he had been taught by his former master. When the funnel touched down right on top of John, the eye was over the young man, meaning he was untouched by the storm that he had created. The feeling was awesome in and of itself, as if he had found peace from all the evil he had been put through. As the storm dissipated, John fell to his hands and knees, exhausted but feeling more alive than ever before.

"What...did I just do?" John asked, surprised as his excitement broke through and rational thought started again. "Did I just summon a tornado?"

"Yes, you did my brother. We are one now. When you awake, you will remember everything we did here and so much more will be yours as time passes. Remember my teachings and we shall survive what is to come. Also, once you have become strong enough, you will not need sleep anymore, and you will be able to talk to me at will from here on out. For now, awaken and do not forget me...brother." John nodded once, a tear running down his face as the field disappeared and he awoke in the hospital bed with a nurse hovering over him again.

"I'm fine before you ask." John said before she could even open her mouth. The feeling of peace was still there, just beyond his reach John realized as he dressed again and sat on the edge of his bed, rubbing his eyes for a minute before heading out the door.
Back to top Go down
esjaya
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
esjaya

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:56 pm

"What is it like to die?" Kallan asked her father that night. She was in the pool in their back yard and he was lounging in a chair beside it.
"That's an odd question, why do you want to know?" her father looked up over his sun glasses at her.
"Well, i have this feeling that i am, but I'm being reborn as something else, something grater... sounds crazy doesn't it"
"No, it doesn't, because you are. Oh don't get me wrong your not dieing like i did, but you are being reborn as something more then what you were. And to do that you will have to let go of your old self." he sounded calm and matter of fact and that reassured her more then his words.
"So dieing is like this?"
"Yes and no. Dieing is unique to each person, the way i died wont be the way you die so perhaps this is dieing for you. Honestly Kally I don't know, I'm just your guide." he's kind eyes were slightly sorrowful the way they always were when he couldn't answer her questions to her satisfaction. And that too somehow reassured her.
"Can I be anything I want now?"
That made him smile "What do you want to be Kally?"
Laughingly she replied "Water!! no one ever hurts water," her eyes darkened a moment with sadness "water can escape anything" she sunk lower in the pool trying to hide in the thing she wanted to be most in the world.
"water is necessary for life" her father continued "water is a powerful force that can reduce mountains, devour cities, topple everything in its wake" his voice grew in power as he spoke and when Kallan looked up she saw him as a towering giant, like she always did as a child "do you wish this power simply so you can run and hide? wake up girl! think of the good you could do!"
Her eyes filled with tears and she felt very small and helpless "I'm sorry daddy, I will do good with it. You know I will, but right now I just want to melt into nothing and go a way. I want to slide into the earth and disappear from all the pain in my life. I want to die."
"Then die" his words were not harsh or chiding, but soft and full of sorrow and understanding. "and when you are no longer Kallan, who will you be?"
Kallan was silent for a long time. She has always felt that names were important, that each had meaning deeper then what others thought. She knew that Kallan was the only name she ever wanted, as she thought she let her body go, she became the pool water, when she realized this she laughed "Water Woman" she replied then splashed her father who was laughing as well.
"You are a silly girl Kally, never stop being who you are. Even after you die." with that he was gone again.

Kallan opened her eyes to see the nurse leaving for the night. "What the?" she looked around, it had been only a few seconds. The bed was comfortable so she didn't want to get out of it just yet, she felt like her old self again after a long nights rest, despite it only being a few seconds. She knew she couldn't have slept, there was no way, but she felt rested all the same.
Licking her lips she found she was thirsty, but the bed was so comfortable. For a moment she wished the water would come to her, then her eyes flew wide as a mouth full of water did come to her from the cup on the bed side table. She swallowed it with a smile. Looking up she saw the cameras that were observing the sleepers, and not wanting to be observed she wished there was a way to obscure the view they offered. But unable to think of one she let it go. Then she understood why her fountain had been playing despite the power being off and it being unplugged.
"I wonder if anyone else is able to do crazy stuff like this" she murmured to her self. Surly there were, that explained the extra waver, but she also knew that the doctors wouldn't tell her who even if they could.
Concentrating she fell into a trance and making a fine mist of what was left of the water in her bed side cup her conciseness left the room. She felt confident her body would be safe there. It took some time learning how to see and hear as a fine mist, and a little longer to learn to direct her self. She observed someone walk off into the night, but couldn't follow. She made a point to remember his face so that if she saw him again she could ask him if he was like her at all.
all that night she wandered the facility high over others heads so they wouldn't notice the fine mist that roamed the halls and grow suspicious. when morning came Kallan let the water fall and found her self back in her body, she had seen the nurse coming to wake her and was glad to make it back in time.
"Miss?"
"I'm awake thanks"
"Sleep well?"
"Perfectly" Kallan lied with a smile.

Last edited by esjaya on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:10 pm

This time, she was at a christian coffee house her parents used to work at. She was aware of this instantly unlike the dream the night before when she let her surroundings permeate into her skin. She put a foot behind a foot, twirling herself quickly to reorient herself. The room was completely empty, the bandstand void of instruments and no baristas to tend the counter, but it still felt homey and full of life and faith. It was home.

A smile grace Shylla's lips as she slowly walked out onto the main street of the town; it was empty as well. The one shop she knew the best was not. She saw movement from inside. Taking her time, she walked there, reveling in the ring of the bell as the door swooshed back and forth.

Just ahead, she saw a figure, dressed in welding gear, full with the metal mask thing that made the woman look like a serial killer. The figure nodded at Shylla, wielding a welding torch. It flickered on for a moment and Shylla stepped back, cautious of the burning flame.

"What's clack-a-lackin', crazy me?" Shylla asked the figure, who tore off the mask, reveiling the mirror image of Shylla and a shocking mass of glossy red hair. Passion burned in her eyes as she stepped closer to Shylla. "So, you still tryin' to move that mountain with, like, your bare hands?"

The woman laughed. "Nope, I have some tools to help me build my path."

Shylla gave her a lopsided grin. "You want me to help?"

"Not until you're ready."

"Oh. Okay." Shylla stood in the hardware store awkwardly, the grin barely fading from her lips. "You sure."

"Yes."

"Oh." She laughed. "I think I like you..." she said, studying her determined double.

The double shook her head. "No, not really."

Shylla was about to ask what she meant by that, but was rudely awakened by the morning.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 am

You know, it's not like it's going to kill you to experience something new. You've been a programmer for how long now?
Will finished buttoning his shirt and started on his shoelaces. "I'm not quiting my job just so I can go be all powerful. With my luck, this is all a hallucination and the moment I go to use it you'll laugh at me and I'll wind up in a nut house. I'm still debating on going to get help as it is."
He knocked on the wooden nightstand, a superstitious habit he'd picked up from his uncle.
I wouldn't suggest that. Quite apart from never letting us back out, you'd likely get us killed if you started talking about me.
"Killed? What, hallucinations die now? What from, effective anti-psychotics?"
No, bullets. And worse. Did you think you were the only person to Awaken? We're not the first ones to be reunited, Body. We're not even the only ones in this town.
Will paused, looking over at the mirror where his form shimmered and crackled. The 'Mind' as it seemed fond of explaining their differences as, had agreed to stop walking walking around behind him, only to step calmly into the mirror and appear as an altered reflection of himself. "Care to explain that one?"
There's more of us. About six in this town alone, quite a feat... I've been trying to contact them, actually, but they all seem to be in a similar situation. It's a little frustrating, like getting bad reception. It doesn't seem any of your frail human minds have quite reached acceptance of your new existence yet.
"And the things that might kill me?" His annoyance was starting to show, again. It wasn't as if this hallucination was giving him just a whole lot of straight answers, the least he could do was give the ones that mattered.
Only the rest of the Awakened, who don't like shifts in power. You've probably seen more than a few of them, or at least heard of them. Some of the most powerful and dangerous people on your planet are Awakened, and they aren't going to like this situation at all...
Will finished getting ready, not at all sure if he really felt up to eating out this morning. Maybe he should just heat up some oatmeal and... Of course, the microwave was still fried. He splashed on a touch of cologne and got in the car. This was not going to be a great day.
Back to top Go down
esjaya
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
esjaya

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:03 pm

Kallan smiled as she dressed and went about her day. She got her papers signed and filed so that her divorce would finally go through. Then went down to the unemployment office to see if there were any new jobs posted. Then stopped in an open park near a fountain for lunch. The sound of the water feature was soothing and her body didn't seem to notice that 'lunch' consisted of a water bottle that never seemed to quite empty.
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:19 pm

After waking up and getting dressed again, John Corter left the hospital, and walked to Subway, all the while talking to his elemental friend. I might as well think it since I don't want to appear crazy. Are there others like us?

Yes, and they were in the lab, same as you. Everyone that took the same pill has Awakened to their own powers, my brother. His wind spirit replied within John's mind, the scene reflecting the same thing that he was seeing on the outside, or was it the other way around? John wasn't sure as he walked down the somewhat busy street, sticking to the sidewalk. A few blocks away was a small but simple Subway, one of his favorite spots to chow down.

Why do you call me that anyway? It's...strange to be called 'Brother'...by anyone, especially since I was an only child. There was no pictures he recalled ever seeing when he was home, that would have told John he was anything more.

Your...mother miscarried one....he would have been here if not for a simple thing as a perforated birth canal. John stopped dead at that, his face turning a shade of green, then red as it sunk in. That's why...things got so bad. After you, she couldn't bear anymore children. It broke their hearts like so much glass.

"Why...didn't they say a word?! I was abused because of that?! Next time, remind me to shut my mouth before you spout any more shit like that!" Taking off like a bat out of Hell, John didn't realize he was starting to go faster than a normal human being has a right to do so. Cutting through the park, John made a beeline for the lake, intending to end it once and for all. Instead, he wound up running right across it and on the other bank before his brain could process he had just ran across water. Water! Collapsing to his hands and knees again, John hoped for half a second some cop would come up to him and try to arrest him, just so he could work out some of his frustration on the guy. "Why...me? What...could I possibly do...that someone else would be better off doing?"

I'm sorry...even I don't know all of the answers...John.
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Shylla had been slow to take up almost everything in her life. She was smart, intelligent, great; she wasn't stupid or slow, she just took her time to perfect different things. Like walking, she'd continued crawling until she knew she could take the perfect little step at age four and a half. Similarly, words were only heard from her lips at the age six. This caution also probably spared her from the inevitable addiction to all things drug-like, for she refused to roll her own joints in high school until she could roll the perfect one. Everyone had their crazy shadows, and her's seemed to like perfection.

Her true self knew this and knew she would have to wait through her own passioned fire for Shylla to view herself as ready. Only then would Shylla except this opposite personality as her own, and let the balance begin to awaken her full self.

That and her true self knew that Shylla had a problem accepting herself, let alone another part of herself. If her true self had been given a physical form, it would have sighed, releasing the tension created by being able to see the long road ahead of it. Although, there was one plus about being fire; it could blaze a path to righteousness. Or whatever they were calling it these days.

Shylla was mostly unaware of this conflict in her own head as she got ready to leave the lab. Her true form phantom preferred sticking to the shadows, influencing her in small ways; like what to do, where to go. They were nudges in the right direction since it knew it could not simply come out and tell her. A few things had to change first.

Namely, Shylla's incessant need for marijuana. That just had to go.

So like any good mind apparition, Shadow Shylla pulled the Jedi mind trick; "This is not the marijuana you seek." At this point, Shylla seemed to be pretty suggestible and bought it.

Shylla shrugged off the odd feeling in the back of her head as side-effects of the drug. But, like the voice in her head urged her, she went and go some food. A sandwich sounded like it would hit the spot.

So she walked to Subway, uncrumpling a five dollar bill before slapping it down on the counter and ordering. In minutes, the sandwich was made, and she took a seat by herself, almost forgetting she'd promised her friend that she would meet her. But Cory was smarter than that.

Cory stepped inside, instantly spotting Shylla. The young woman stopped mid-bite and grinned sheepishly. "I'm so sorry!"

"Yeah, yeah. Tell me that when give me half of your sandwich."

Shylla looked down at her sandwich and then measured the empty feeling in her stomach. She almost said no to her friend, but after a moment, pushed the other half over. "Hope you like salami/ham/pepperoni."
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:52 am

We aren't alone.
Will set down his sandwich, somewhat irritated that the hours long peace of mind brought from his companion's silence had been broken. He looked around at the crowded Subway, and picked up his foot long meatball marinara again. He took a deliberately large bite, swallowed, and coughed out, "No shit!" before clearing his throat and resuming his meal.
There's more of us in here, Will. More Awakened. The other recently freed... I sense two, possibly three beings from my world close by. I'm going to try to speak to them.
Will could care less if his hallucination wanted to go play with someone else's daydreams, so long as it left him alone to his lunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Awakened Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened Empty

Back to top Go down

The Awakened
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next