Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Awakened

Go down 
+2
Hiratsu
Shiroi-Ka
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

Female Posts : 451

The Awakened - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:11 am

There was someone else there. Someone trying to break through and contact her. It would be easier if she showed herself to Shylla, but Shylla wasn't ready for it. However, Shadow Shylla did get kind of lonely and so she had other methods of contacting the awakened spirits.

It was like Shylla was zoning out. Cory waved a hand in her friends face, stealing a piece of salami off her sandwich. "Earth to Shylla, calling all Shylla. Houston, we've lost Shylla!" She was trying to be funny, but Shylla ignored her. She was interested in a guy who was having trouble with his meatball sub. She didn't know why, but she was drawn to him.

Without another word, she stood from her seat, leaving the sandwich behind and walked across the crowded Subway, sitting in the empty seat next to the guy. "Hey," she said, awkwardly, unsure what she was doing there or why she'd left her sandwich to her ravenous friend.

Behind her, a red-headed, more attentive version of the same girl, sat in mid-air, chewing on her bottom lip. "She's not ready yet. She can't see him," she said, nodding to Will's "companion" in a world of energy where they could only see each other.

Last edited by Kaelynisfree on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
esjaya
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
esjaya

Female Posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:33 am

Kalla let the day wash away from before her and took the mist form again from the spray of the fountain in front of her. 'Time for a birds eye view' she thought and as long as she didn't evaporate she thought she would be fine.
She felt pulled over the street to the Subway and hovered in the shade of the awning out front. She thought she felt something odd then....

"Well well aren't we the curious little thing. Your a bit a head of your self deary" a watery voice from just inside her head mocked.
"Who are you?" Kallan wondered almost out loud.
"pft that's not important, the question is What are you looking for?"
"i don" Kallan began but was cut off by the watery voice so like her own
"Of course you don't! You were supposed to wait for me! But no little miss impatient has to run off on her own. Well what have you learned so far?" the voice was clearly irritated.
"Beg your pardon?" Kallan was compleetly confused.
"Forgiven. Now tell me what you know!"
"Hell i don't know what i know" Kallan began to be frustrated with the voice.
"That's right you don't!! Because you wouldn't wait for me"
"I'm sorry?"
"Forgiven"
"Who are you?" Kallan asked confused and exasperated
"You asked that already! Think! Who else would I be!!"
"Water Woman??"
"Brilliant! what a classic name! Almost as good as Wonder Woman or Cat Woman or Super Girl!! What are you a moron who lives in comic books? No don't answer that I already know your a clueless twit who wandered off on her own because I wasn't there to help you from the start. Well no time like the present. What your doing is way to advanced for what you know. So ether go back to the beginning and learn it right, or take a lecture from me and we'll move on. Your choice princess."
"Your rather insulting, I'll take the lecture thanks as you don't think I can do what I AM doing"
the creature smiled "You grew a spine! Good"
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Making his way back to the restaurant, still shaking from the whole thing of running across water and the whole thing with his folks the wind elemental had revealed to him. That couldn't have been the whole story, but it was enough as John went in and collapsed into the nearest available seat. Someone approached him, asking if he wanted anything. "No...I just...need to sit down for a minute. I might order something, just give me a minute to think!" He snapped at the waitress, unintentional but still, he just wanted some breathing room. The woman walked away, a little miffed as she walked away.

There's others here. You need to make contact. His wind spirit replied, sensing at least two if not more in the restaurant alone. John sighed and growled in response before getting up and heading to the table his Awakened partner directed him to.
Back to top Go down
Glory
HOMIE
Glory

Male Posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Anthony had been lying in his bed for what seemed to be at least two hours, feigning sleep for the benefit of the scientists who were monitoring him. Granted that his mental activity would show that he wasn’t sleeping, or at least he figured it would, he went ahead with the reuse regardless. So… I can see in the dark, eh? I wonder if that’s all I can do… Maybe I can become darkness, ooh, ooh, maybe I can summon darkness? How useful would that be, I could completely scare the shit out of people. He thought as a grin spread across his face.

He didn’t have too much time to enjoy his thoughts, however, because a nurse soon came in and shook his arm. Anthony faked waking up and acted all groggy and threw on some grouchiness for the sake of it. “Oh, great…. You again.” He muttered under his breath. He wasn’t actually sure if he had seen this particular nurse before, but he was just trying to be an ass, and it worked. The nurse scoffed and walked off down through the halls, heels clicking. “Heh, touchy little one…”Anthony thought aloud as he pulled his shirt back on.

Well why wouldn’t she be? I mean you weren’t exactly acting like a gentleman.” The familiar voice, or rather consciousness, said.

Anthony jerked his head around to see the apparition standing near the door, fully clothed and looking a little healthier than he previously had. He also wasn’t surrounded by darkness, but the room did become noticeably darker upon his arrival. “Y-you…” Anthony stuttered as he took a look at the being.

Man, sometimes I swear you must be thick or something. Didn’t I say we could talk whenever we wanted? And before you ask, no one else can see me. Just you.” It said, a slight tinge of annoyance in its voice.

“Well… you did, but it’s still weird. Anyways, what are you doing here?” He asked as he walked past the being and out into the hallway. He turned towards the right and started walking out towards where his car was parked as the apparition trailed behind.

Well I’m here to suggest you try out that Subway across the street. It’s quite good.
It said with a smile as it caught up to Anthony.

“But I don’t really wa-“

Subway. You want Subway. The apparition said, a little more forcibly.

“Um… no. I don’t think I really d-“ Once more Anthony was cut off by the being.

I don’t care. You are getting Subway. Now hop to it!” With that the apparition disappeared and Anthony kept walking, muttering something about how he couldn’t make him and he was only going because he was hungry.

It took him all of five minutes to get into his car, drive across the street, and shut off the car. He stuffed the keys into his pocket and climbed out of the car. “Okay, dammit. Tell me why you want me to eat here so much. There some super special going on or something?” Anthony asked… well, nothing really. He was still getting used to the whole idea of talking to the apparition when he didn’t see it.

You’ll see, just go order something and relax.” It whispered in his ear. It had chosen not to take on a form that he could see, but Anthony didn’t pay much attention to it as he stepped into the restaurant. Instantly he felt something off about the place and it wasn’t that upon stepping into it the lights seemed to dim. He walked up and ordered his favorite, a plain old meatball sub on Italian, toasted, bread and a Coke. He quickly took his food and went to sit in one of the far, unoccupied, corners of the room.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:52 pm

I'm going to get everyone moving, you have people here you need to meet.
Will sat up as a tingle went down his spine at that. Get everyone moving? He had a sudden bad feeling, an image of... The room was shortly devoid of occupants, save for himself and a few others. It was like a massive food fight, a poltergeist infestation gone wild. Bits of lettuce flew across the room, every metal surface started sparking menacingly, the lights seemed to go out and become blindingly bright in alternation. It took less than two minutes for the Subway to be empty of all of it's customers, save for a handful of shocked looking patrons. He recognized one or two of them from the sleep aid trial...
These people are like you, Awakened recently. Every one of them has experienced the same situation, sudden Awakening with no effort. Each of them is also part of the same tests you are.
Will looked around at the people assembled there. He was supposed to believe these people all had some special magic? He wasn't even sure he wasn't crazy yet, let alone them.
Just talk to them, you'll see. We can prove you're not crazy now, and maybe you can all start figuring out that this is real...
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:18 am

Shylla was wondering why this guy wasn't reacting at all. Perhaps he was just really into his sandwich. No matter, she had to get back to Cory, who probably ate the rest of her sandwich. But then a bunch of lights when out and flashed. When they came back on, only a few people were left in the Subway.

"Daamn." She said slowly. Cory was gone. Crap. There must be something going on with that drug. Normally, Shylla would have been half-way out the door, but her true-self sat in the back of her head, urging her to stay calm.

Shylla blinked and rested her hands on the table, clicking her long fingernails on the linolium table-top. "What the fuck was that?"
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 am

"I honestly have no idea..." Will did his best to look like he really didn't get it. To be truthful, he was pretty sure he was just crazy and making up shit to help understand the situation. "Is there any chance you were part of that sleep study?" He looked over at her for a moment before going back to his sandwich.
You can just ask her, you know. You're not the only one in here who thinks they're seeing things.
Back to top Go down
esjaya
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
esjaya

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

When Kallan saw the poltergeist show in the restaurant her sassy water sprite of a friend laughed and said "well get in there" then tossed her consciousness back to her body. she got up slowly and walked over, opened the door and walked in. seeing only a few people in there she said to the room at large "oh, am i late?"
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:28 pm

"What the hell was that? Who are you people?!" John shouted as he got up from his chair, but his wind spirit appeared for the others to see, pushing John back down gently as it could. Forgive him. He's had a bit of a shock already this day. Running fast enough to go over water will do that to you... He said to the other Awakened beings. Also...he and I have some personal things to work out as well... He wouldn't reveal anything John didn't want him to, but neither would he be quiet about why his friend was jumpy.

"Start making some sense before I start swinging." John replied, his knuckles turning white as he grabbed a hold of the table with almost all of his strength.
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 pm

"Yup, I've sleepin' at that lab place." she said to the guy who was still eating a sandwich. He liked his attitude. This other guy was freaking out. "You think it's like, side-effects of the drug or something maybe, that's driving us all crazy?" She leaned back into her chair and yawned.
Back to top Go down
Glory
HOMIE
Glory

Male Posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:55 pm

Anthony had just taken the first bite out of his sandwich when something freaky happened. Forks, spoons, knives, cups, lights, everything, started freaking out. The apparition appeared next to Anthony and stared intently at one of the patrons who was sitting across from a girl, they seemed equally freaked out at the phenomenon. Anthony quickly set his sub down and took a swig oh his Coke right before the lights went out. Now he couldn't actually tell that they went out, at least not in the traditional sense. When the lights went off he felt much more calm and relaxed, more... powerful. At least it seemed like it, he could also clearly see every detail in the restaurant though and took note of the surprised faces on many of the patrons. What the hell is happening? Anthony thought, directing it towards the apparition.

"Oh, finally figured out how to do that, eh? Well in answer to your question he is happening." The apparition said with a nod towards the man sitting across from the girl, he too had a meatball sub, which for some reason Anthony noticed.

Oh really? Well why the hell is he doing this? Anthony thought fiercely, a little annoyed with the display.

"Well I reckon he isn't or at least he isn't consciously doing it." The apparition said.

Oh, than how the hell would he be doing that? Anthony asked, sarcastically. That is is you could think sarcastically... a conundrum for another time, however.

"I would imagine that his spirit self The apparition, which at that moment Anthony decided to refer to as Bob, began motioning to himself as an example. "Caused this. Rather crude, but effective for getting attention. Should we join in the shenanigans?" Bob asked, a little grin covered his face.

How could we? It's already dark in here... Anthony said dismissively as he picked up his sub. At that moment the lights flicked back on and Anthony took a bite of his sandwich.

"That? That wasn't darkness. We can make darkness. The type of darkness nightmare are made out of, my friend." Bob commented as he floated towards the man.

Well I don't think it would be such a good id- Anthony began, but shut up when he felt a cold shiver run down his back and he instantly felt the same empowerment he had when the lights went out. Only this was stronger. Dammit... you did it didn't you? Anthony thought, wincing slightly.

"Of course, why not? He was messing with us, after all." Bob said, a grin clearly visible, at least to Anthony, on his face.

Well cut it out and let the light back in. Now. Anthony thought back firmly.

"Very well." Bob scoffed as Anthony felt the strength and assurance leave him once more. "Better?" He asked, sarcastically.

Much. Anthony replied and went back to work on his sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

"I'd say so, except..." He watched in near horror as a totally different being sprang to life near a panicked patron that had remained and pushed him back into his seat. "Except..." The lights cut out for a second, then back on, even the sunlight having ceased and returned. "We're all having the same hallucinations, if I'm not mistaken..." He finally set the sandwich down. Crazy was fine, crazy meant the world was still the place it was a few days ago. Sane was going to be a serious problem, if this mess was real. He looked over at his energy self, not bothering to keep his voice down. Clearly nobody was going to notice him talking to himself if this bizarreness hadn't driven them out yet. "You said you could prove this was real?"
Just tell me what to tell the others, they will all know it. Things none of you have said to one another, just as if you'd read each other's minds. Will that prove it to you?
Will paused for a moment. Fine, tell them about that thing yesterday... Where you made me teleport into my apartment. Nobody knew about that. If they knew that...
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:05 am

John was the first to hear the message. "How the hell do you teleport from one place to the other?" He asked, surprised he was buying into this crazy shit. His wind spirit didn't wait for John to think of something since it was clear he wasn't going to believe in any of it until it was forced down his throat, in a way. So, choosing something simple but largely unknown about his partner, the wind apparition of his unborn brother told of John's little sanctuary he used to go to as a kid. The image of it came to everyone's mind as if they had been there themselves over the years. It wasn't the kind of thing that could be described in such simple things as words, or so the spirit thought anyway.
Back to top Go down
esjaya
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
esjaya

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:38 pm

Kallen walked further in and since no one seemed to hear her she got a cup of water and sat down. thinking to her self. until her water sprite alter ego spoke to her making faces in the cup "that guy telaported last night. and that guy just ran across water. want me to tell them what you can do? or shall we show them?"
with a small smile Kallan said "show them" then she collected the dew forming on the cups at the respected tables and wrote on the tables "hi." "I'm Kallan" "this is fun" "we should form a team" "or something" then made the water form her face.
"how was that?" she thought to her self as she sipped her glass of water.
"perfect. subtle and showy at the same time" her water sprite answered.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:50 am

Will Freedan fought the overlapping images, a vivid scene of childhood from someone who could have been that guy over at the table in the corner, and the more immediate hallucination where the sweat ring of his glass seemed to be talking to him. He massaged his temples. "This is going to be a long day."
Tell me about it, it'll last the rest of your life actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Awakened   The Awakened - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Awakened
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2