Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

Male Posts : 1104

The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) Empty
PostSubject: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Alright peoples, I think it's about time we flare things up a bit with a small tournament... You and a partner must enter, you have the physical abilities you want, and one extra that I and possibly a Co-GM will pick for you all... For those of you that have seen this sort of idea before, then you must know that I have participated in it before... This time, I will be pulling out all the stops... If I see one gravity defying move when you have pyrokinesis, then I will step down from my throne and destroy your character where you stand... I hope to hear from some positive people soon. And remember people, you must have a team mate that is also an active member.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344895905#!/profile
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

Female Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Hmm... If I can find a partner then I'll join it.
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

Female Posts : 900

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:00 am

Nilla... Is going... To fight...? *Cowers*

I volunteer to be her, semi hiding behind her, partner. That is, if she'll have the Addy. =)
Back to top Go down
https://dramahatersrpg.darkbb.com
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:15 am

XD Yay! I have the Addy! *Glomps tackle pounce nom licks*
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:21 am

Whooo Rah! *Grins and accepts the noms, returning them with the loves*

We're gonna kick King's ASS!!!
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:25 am

Damn straight we are. And anybody else who comes against us.

<3
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:16 am

Now now, let's not start rumors on what may not happen... We need a few more teams before we start... If we had the entire site on board with this, then we are set.... Hell, even six more people would make it perfect, gives us the quarter finals, the semi finals and the finale.. Now, to all those that will be joining, I will need some ideas on what powers you would enjoy within the fight, and what arenas you would like to fight in.
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:25 pm

Mmmm... I'd need I suppose a general idea of this. For instance, what races? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Human only? Cause I have a couple of characters that I'd be wanting to bring in but I don't know which would fit into this. I'd possibly want to bring in Nilla in a slightly different incarnation but yeah some sort of limiter might be good to know.
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:25 am

It's basically anything you want, and I will put a limit to how many characters you can have... Even though I want everyone to only have one character, I believe this will also be challenging for me in the final battle. One single user can have up to two people, but they will have to have a sample of their roleplaying style when making them. Think of the King as a man who can bend the fabric of time and space, able to create any form of arena out of anything... Oh, and I will also be adding one of my all time favourite arenas that was never used....

THE KING'S LABYRINTH!
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:58 am

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Just a heads up, if Tempe's bringing in Nillabeans, I'm bringing in Addy. *Nods* I dun care if they dun like eachother... Or... maybe it's the other one that Addy doesn't like? *sighs* She dislikes so many people it's hard to keep up with. <_<
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:16 am

Awesome, if I get some more interest put up, then I'll start making the character sheet information
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:18 am

Nono, Addy and Nilla hate each other. Addy doesn't know Cinna. Ooh Sheki and Addy could be volatile too...
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:31 am

ZOMG Sheki... Yeah... She could totally whip some ass. =D

That's right, that's right... Addy hates Nilla. This is gonna rock the socks off of everyone. d=
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:43 am

Come on people, this has the potential to be very very epic, two teams, simple tag matches...

You know you all want to join
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:45 pm

I'll be joining, of course. My submission to guarantee my place, a full suite of battle locations, half of which have been pre tested and approved.

Arena : The Opening Play

Setting : Larger than life chessboard, complete with both sets of pieces. The eyes follow you everywhere, but they remain frozen until the game begins…

Events :

Begin The Game : Both sides begin fighting each other, collateral is expected. After a while, they begin to focus more and more on the players themselves than on the opposing team.

Pits and Pillars : Tiles begin moving up and down, at first only by enough to get in the way. As it progresses, these changes in elevation become too much to overcome and can really hurt if you fall. Eventually the tiles reassemble as a flat plane, and all the black tiles fall away into a bottomless hole. After that, random white tiles will fall as well until the players are left on only one tile to battle.

Mix-It-Up : Random tiles will begin changing the directions of everything on or over them. The tiles that do this are always the same ones, so you can find out safe ways around them. Soon, other tiles begin teleporting objects from themselves to another tile. These teleportations can be mapped so that you know which tiles warp to where. Finally, over half the board changes directions and locations randomly and it fluctuates with each post so that you never know which tiles are safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arena : The Upside Down Room

Setting : The upside down room from Kingdom Hearts and Alice in Wonderland. The room allows you to walk from the floor, up a wall, onto the ceiling, and back down any other wall. All six sides have decorations and oddities, some are dangerous and others helpful.

Events :

Royal Flush : Card soldiers flood the room and attack everything in sight. The longer the battle goes, the more soldiers show up, and the higher suite they become.

Roll Of The Dice : The room begins to slowly rotate, the players remain affixed to any wall they choose as before but all other objects in the room become subject to more traditional gravity. The room will rotate faster as the fight progresses, throwing things around like a tornado.

Heartless Alert! : Heartless flood the room, as well as the boss heartless from this level, a giant, spindly creature of cards and streamers and checker pieces that shoots fireballs. Small heartless appear first, followed by more powerful ones, and finally the boss itself forms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arena : Skater’s Playground

Setting : A world class concrete park full of bowls, curving half pipes, boxes, ramps, and jumps. Lots of cool terrain, and even some skateboards, bikes, and rollerblades lying around.

Events :

Fill Up : The bowls and half pipes fill one at a time with acid, creating a painful and hazardous environment. When they reach the top, they don’t stop until the ground is bathed in acid… Does it even stop then?

Vandals! : A biker gang comes through with chains and brass knuckles, tagging and destroying and eventually turning their full attention to the players. More and more of them focus on the players as the battle progresses.

Trespassers? : The cops have arrived, they’ll probably just call your parents… Or not. They’re bringing in S.W.A.T., with all the teargas bombs and automatic rifles you could ever ask not to have pointed at you. This event starts slower than the others, but will quickly become a desperate fight to dodge bullets.

Arena : The Garden Of Chaos

Setting : A seemingly normal garden… Large, expansive, and full of varying vegetations from trees to flowers. Ponds and rivers are common, but nothing particularly deep or fast running. A bench or two line the bricked paths. A massive tree in the center promises sturdy branches to climb.

Events :

Fungal Furnace : The air fills with a thick mist of tan particles, which burn on contact with skin. These fungi will eat you alive, starting with itchy skin and watery eyes and eventually leaving you raw and bleeding.

Name That Meal : You’ve become dinner for every massive, oversized insect you can think of. As dusk brings the light levels down, mosquitoes and spiders and scorpions and…. All forms of horror from the insect and arachnid kingdom begin to grow hungry, and just plain grow…

It’s… Alive? : The tree in the center? It’s tired of being swung on. It’s upset, and worse it’s mobile. It starts with vines, moves on to entire branches, and eventually starts walking around on massive roots trying to crush and swat at you.

Arena : That Blue, Blue Sky…

Setting : Above a typical suburban neighborhood a large bank of fluffy white clouds gather. Normally, one would expect these to provide decent shade. One would not expect a massive battle to occur on them… Nor would they suspect the battle is being waged upside down with the neighborhood as the ceiling of this unusual arena.

Events :

Inversion : Random things from the lawns below begin falling upwards into the cloud. Some things stop, others go right on through. As the battle goes on the things falling become larger, and fall with greater frequency.

Desolidification : The clouds are breaking up into a sunny day… How beautiful, if you weren’t depending on the clouds to keep you from falling into space…

Thunderstorm : The clouds grow dark, rain droplets the size of the player begin falling upwards out of the cloud towards the suburban lawns. Lightning crackles across the cloud, threatening and indeed attempting to fry the players. Soon, the mass of cloud begins a trademark spiral, that pulls them faster and faster towards the ground so far above…

Arena : Future Metropolis

Setting : Tall buildings cram together, hardly a gap between them but the gaps there are descend for ages without stop. The rooftops are coated in solar panels and strange antennas, the sky is an unusual green shade. Various futuristic weapons have been placed about for pure entertainment, they only hold one shot each.

Events :

Alien Invasion : Spaceships, matching every description ever invented, descend and wreak havoc on the city. The two fools battling on the rooftops make a prime target and more spaceships flock to the site to harass and attempt to kill the players.

Orbital Strike : Someone has declared war on this city and you’re in their way. Ion cannon beams fall like rain around you, how long can you survive before there’s no buildings left to stand on?

A Curfew Is In Effect! : This city is a police state, and you’re not in your designated workspace, not wearing your designated uniform, and not equipped with designated RFID chips. Resistance is futile, these robots can and will bring you to their boss. At least, most of you…

Arena : Digital Bliss

Setting : This world is a vast playing field of floating binary numbers, sometimes making it difficult to judge distances, but allowing you to see through nearly any object that would be considered solid. The field is made up of mostly square, blocky shapes with various configurations that stretch towards the horizons, including a digital maze.

Events :

Virtual Pain : Players are erased, one bit at a time, starting with fingers and toes and moving on until they are entirely removed from play. They feel the loss as if the digit or limb was removed, but there’s no wound or blood loss. The appendage is simply missing, and will remain so regardless of any healing ability.

Virus Alert! : Small, spiked balls around the size of basketballs begin assaulting the players in larger and larger swarms, impaling and sticking to them, slowing them down and even trying to carry them away on a bed of rotating nails.

Data Crunch : Large columns begin falling out of the sky, crushing things underneath them into dust. These pillars eventually leave holes in the arena, working their way methodically around until the players are left on a very small, fragile bit of data…

Arena : The Registration Lounge

Setting : You know it better than I do, it’s a perfect replica of your own registration lounge. It comes complete with copies of Ghorroj, Chunnin, and Filth, all watching the matches on the big TV and snacking. They’ve promised to keep themselves occupied with the other matches, but who knows how long that’ll last…

Events :

Ghorroj : Your friendly neighborhood intergalactic trash compacter will make sure this party never gets old.

Chunnin : This self proclaimed ladies ninja will enjoy showing you why he’s the ringleader of the trio.

Filth : This enigmatic walking corpse will make you wish you weren’t dead… But you will be anyways, so stop complaining.

Arena : Old Homework

Setting : Taking away a layer of reality gives all new depth to this battlefield, the whole thing is doodled on paper! There’s no real depth here, but the environment is a complex battlefield of drawn mazes, leftover math, poorly animated weapons, and badly sketched backgrounds. If you try to walk off one side of the paper, you’ll walk back in on the other side. If you really want to see what happens when you fall off the bottom, be my guest…

Events :

Matches? : The smoke is animated and solid, bumping into you on it’s way up and out of the paper. The flames are towering infernos promising pain… The arena is on fire from one of the corners outwards, and you’re soon to be consumed along with it.

Penciled In : The kid is reading his homework, and he’s spotted two animations that look remarkably realistic. Is this a smart teenager looking to make a quick buck selling you to the government? No. He’s going to draw lines to try to box you in tighter, and start prodding you with the eraser until you do stuff for him. He’ll give out random commands (Mod controlled) and you will follow them, or be erased.

Army Of One : The stick figure Animation, gallant warrior of the computer screen, is back. With no recycle bins or delete menus in sight, how long can you hold back against the powerful Rebellious Animation?

Arena : Un-Caged Match

Setting : A world class match is set to take place inside that steel mesh cage… Too bad you aren’t in there. You’re stuck in the seats, the nosebleeds actually, of an oversold prize fight. Strangely, none of the people here seem to notice anything you do, in fact you go right through them if you try to touch them. The chairs, tables, and just about everything else are all solid, and can interact with both you and the audience. It would seem that you’re now a ghost in this world…

Events :

Release The Cage : The two ultra buff fighters? They just got released. They’re going on a roid rage, and it’s going to tear this place apart. Once the entire audience has evacuated to safety, you become real and solid in this world… And they turn to you for the next match.

More Ghosts : You’re not the first to haunt this peculiar place, and the previous residents are very upset. Poltergeists become more and more violent as the match progresses.

Fading : Congratulations, you’re moving on. The world begins to fade around you starting at the corners and moving inwards, replaced by blank white nothingness. The deeper you move into the white fog, the less clear headed you become until you eventually pass out altogether.

Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 am

WOAH POST! Good god that's huge...
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:18 am

I have to say Ka, you have a great mind when it comes to arenas... These are all accepted, and if everyone survives the three events within one of them, the King will be changing the level mid-battle.
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

O_O! Woooow... Super mega major poooooost. Wat to go, Kakers.
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:49 pm

So now that I've actually read them, some of those ideas sound pretty good. Others I'm just wondering about.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:28 pm

That seems to be the consensus. The Upside Down Room, the Old Homework, and the Registration Lounge are probably the least strong of the arenas, Old Homework I like but nobody else seems to think will be that much fun... Despite the number of really cool 2D fighting games out there like Smash Bros. Registration Lounge is based on Chunnin's tourney, so it doesn't have the same bonus points when I'm using it somewhere else, and of course the KH reference doesn't help most people as much as it does me...
Still, I've played all of the first six on the list and had a blast. ^^
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:20 am

This needs more people... There's so many damn people on this site and only four people are within this thing? What the hell!
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 12:59 pm

I've played three of em. Sooooz....

Now I just need to write three essays do a collage and get ungrounded.

Then I might think of joining -.-
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 12:27 pm

For the record, I'm still totally into killing people in this thing.... Erm, I mean "Fighting with honor". Yeah, that one.... >.>
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 9:43 am

As am I Shiro, but for that, we need more members... Possibly Kill Frenzy... I wanna see his style in the fine arts of massacre...
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:43 am

... Uh huh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)   The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Kings Royal Team Tournament! (Interest Check/Discussion)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next