Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Review: Lynn's Poems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Female Posts : 336

Review: Lynn's Poems Empty
PostSubject: Review: Lynn's Poems   Review: Lynn's Poems EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Tell me what you think. I LOVE constructive criticism as a certain person is incapable of giving me any, it's up to you guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mallic
The Sneak
Mallic

Male Posts : 93

PostSubject: Re: Review: Lynn's Poems   Review: Lynn's Poems EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:25 pm

I love you poems honey.

And I can give constructive criticism...

... Sorta.

Yeah, it's up to you guys. *Sighs*
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

Female Posts : 900

PostSubject: Re: Review: Lynn's Poems   Review: Lynn's Poems EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Know what I love? How Haseo never reads his posts before posting them. *Cackles at the "you poems"

Anyway, on to the poetry! While I'm not the best critic in the world, I'll give it what I gots.

I noticed in "Broken Hearted" you changed the rhythm of the poem, rather this was on purpose, or not, it kind of trips me up when I read it. Read this part:

"Everytime he looks away

Everytime his gaze will stray

Her heart breaks a little more each day

As he drifts further and further away"

See how, at the beginning it's like bah bah bah bah bah bah bah. And the second line follows the same pattern. But then you change it to words with more syllables, and it changes the pattern. I like the poem, and the general meaning of it, mainly because it shows a powerful sense of emotions, but the rhythm kept tripping me up when I was trying to read it.

Perhaps, had it said something like:

Everytime he looks away
Everytime his gaze will stray.
Her heart breaks more everyday
As he drifts so far away.

I'll post up more later, possibly, but I gotta jet naow. *Loves* Fantastic job, darling. ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://dramahatersrpg.darkbb.com
snowfang<3
Drama Queen
Drama Queen
snowfang<3

Female Posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Review: Lynn's Poems   Review: Lynn's Poems EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:30 am

Like a Star @ heaven I can totally relate to the "Outsider Looking In" <-- That's how I mainly felt while taking all those pictures for the Newspaper. I was watching everyone else have fun and not joining in it myself because I felt like I didn't belong! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Female Posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Review: Lynn's Poems   Review: Lynn's Poems EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 12:42 am

That was how I felt half the time in highschool. My bestfriends always seemed to have closer best friends. The only time it was different was in newspaper when it was just the four of us chilling. But it's not like that anymore. That's for sure. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: Lynn's Poems   Review: Lynn's Poems Empty

Back to top Go down

Review: Lynn's Poems
Page 1 of 1