Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

Female Posts : 775

Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) Empty
PostSubject: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 12:10 am

Alright so this rp was inspired by the many fantasy stories I have read about the fae world, plus traditional Irish tales of the fae and especially based on one story called "Pillars of the World". This rp is about survival, not war, but there is conflict between the two different worlds. I want to make one thing clear this is for experienced rpers and ones that will take the the time to keep this rp alive.

Summerland RP

In a world foreign to our own, neighboring the borderlines of our reality. Beyond the mortal world lies the world of Faeries and they are not small and sparkly they are a strong, proud race who have existed since the mother was created and created her first children, the Fae. They exist in the realm called 'Tirin Ashla', a land of purity and immortality, sustained by magick that the fae granted the humans and the Mother's own elemental magic which the fae protect from humanity, who would not know how to properly know how to handle. Their true magic comes from the earth (Gaia). They granted long ago to humans a small amount of Gaia's magic, but mostly their own life source since they also feed off the Mother.

The Fairy live in clans made up of different blood lines. (This was taken From the "Pillar of the Worlds") The types of fairy position is- Death bringer (Death's servants guide the dead to the Summerland), Bards (bring music to the humans), elemental, muses (what inspire humans and other fae), Lords or ladies of the forest, Fae that control animals, and many others. (Faeries have one animal shape they can take and they use glamour to fool humans). The clans are Patriarchal and Matriarchal, depending who is stronger. They have two main leaders, like a queen and King, but they go by different names. The Fae do not marry often, the females and their families usually raise the young ones, but once in a while they will wed for the good of the clan. Their realm food is special that if brought to the human world it tastes plain, but they have a special faery wine which humans should not touch.

The plot idea is that the Faery are losing their magic followed by parts of their world and their granted immortality. Their realm is collapsing and fading into the memory of human minds. Their are like the mist, fading into the mortal folklore, nothing and yet something insignificant. They soon discover the reason of the Fae disappearances and loss of magick flowing through them and the Mother earth. The humans are turning away from the magic and mysteries of the mystical realm and beginning to discover science and technology. Now the Fae are at a loss to do. They do not want to leave their collapsing home of Tirin Ashla, but they did not want to fade. There is also a group of extremist Fae who want to punish the humans for losing their touch with magic and try to restore what was. The remaining faery folk must find a way to survive.

(Note: Character leaders will be NCPS and you may name your own clan,but I want no more then five.)

Character sheet:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lady J'ssem
Mama J
Lady J'ssem

Female Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 12:18 am

You know I'm in, Mai-Mai!

I'll figure out my character tomorrow, I promise!
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 12:22 am

Alright! Hurray. As will I! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Antaric
Wingless Soul
Antaric

Male Posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Well, since it is for you, Maiden. I'll take part in it.

I'll start working on a character sheet sometime tonight or tomorrow, I promise. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:04 pm

thank you Ant <3

^.^
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 3:53 pm

-Bumps-
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

Female Posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 am

hey you know I'm in. let me just think of a character. c:
Back to top Go down
Lady J'ssem
Mama J
Lady J'ssem

Female Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Mai approved! Very Happy

Name: Ffion Death-Singer
Height: 4'10
Race: Fae
Position: Death Singer (Death Bringer/Bard)

Appearance: Ffion loves bright colours, but because of her clan and station, she also has to wear black and gray... fortunuately red is also on the allowed list... So Ffion wears a black and red corset, with a gray and maroon jacket, with a tattered blood red velvet skirt, and red and black stockings. Her skin is darkly tanned, but she blackens around her eyes, and wears black on her lips. She has long braided hair that is black, blonde, and red. She also wears blackened bones, and plays a bone flute.
Animal Appearance: Ffion can turn into a cross-fox
Personality: Like most bard fairies, and unlike most death bringers, Ffion is vibrant, and playful. She loves a good joke, and loves a good prank even more, especially if she's the one that pulled it. She can be very, very lazy, mostly on rainy days. But she is very loyal to her clan.
Biography: Ffion is one of the Death-Singer clan, a strange clan well-known for its haunting melodies. Most are fairly sombre but Ffion is a fairly friendly and playful. She is the second born of the leaders of her clan, and is trying to get some sort of adventure before having to become betrothed to some other clan's second son, for the good of the clan, and all that.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:07 am

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE IT! Lady J! : ) Nice combination. : D

Mine!--->
Name: Rhoswen (White Rose) Sebille
Height: 5'8
Position: Ice Sister
Clan: House of Isis

Appearance: Rhoswen
Animal Appearance: Snow Leopard.
Personality: A chilly individual with an upbeat personality. Despite what people may think of those with ice's gift like those death bringer's, they are outcasts because they are considered dangerous. She is sweet and thoughtful. She is protective and wants nothing more then her people to be safe and happy along side the humans and humans who hold fae blood. However when it comes to her anger it's like the cold it biting you.
Biography: Her Family. (Brothers: Faust (Golden hair) and Vane (Dark hair)- Sister: Mira). Her daughter- Musette.
  • -
One of four children to be born to the Moon Lady's sister, Meredith a Siren. She has three other siblings two older brothers and a younger sister. (Her sister and her share the same father). Her older brother Faust was a Lord of the Woods. Her second older brother was a fire user, but no where near being able to beat his uncle the light bringer and gain the position. Her younger sister, Mira, is a Selkie, Lady of the Sea. She, Rhoswen, was the unlucky child to gain the cold's kiss (What faery called those whom become ice fae.) She was the odd one in her family, who at the age of ten,most of her hair was white because of the gift she was given from Gaia. Her mother was frightened for her, but it didn't matter because with a few years her mother passed away and she and her siblings but her older brother went to live with their mother's clan.

Years past and she of age had a lover that was bard. They had a relationship for a few years, him coming and going as he pleased, giving her trinkets (gifts which is common amongst the fae when they became lovers.) When their relationship came to a close, she was with child. She gained a little daughter, which her aunt named Musette. At the age of eleven she proudly found her daughter was a Muse. That was a wondrous gift to have, but she was surprised how much her daughter rezembled her younger sister which meant they looked her mother. Her daughter had great beauty which she was envious of, but she loves her too much. (Fae women avoid relationships with human men). She mostly hangs around the mortal realm, living in the colder regions since the sun feels horrid to her. Her daughter os being raised by her aunt's clan and their fellow friend who is a muse as well.

Now that the realm of Tir Ashla is seeming to be and their immortality is fading because of the humans, she keeps an eye on the roads that lead to her clan's home, worried one day she might not get back to them or find them all dead because all their magic that sustained was all gone. And with a few clans planning to punish the humans, she is even more determined then before to try and help her people find a way to survive because the reality was they could not force humans to believe in them.
Back to top Go down
Antaric
Wingless Soul
Antaric

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:38 pm

I hope this works, Maiden. I'm sorry it took me so long.

Name: Bramble
Height: 5'1
Position: Nature Guardian

Appearance: Bramble wears simple clothing. Basic cloth and linen's colored in simple brown and green colors that are slightly faded. His hair is also of a light gray, though he is not old enough, it runs through his family generations. Short and slightly messy as he never seems to care about his appearance.
Animal Appearance: Owl
Personality: Bramble is laid back to the point that many consider him lazy and uncaring. But that is completely the opposite. Bramble is one of the most caring Fae's as he finds beauty even in the most ugliest of creatures and/or shapes. He's easy to smile and even harder to upset.

Biography: Bramble is born into those of the nature guardians. They aren't many Fae's born under his name anymore and its a rare sight to see more than three come from one family. When he was born, he was blessed by the moon and the sun, water and the earth. Thus, as soon as he was able to walk, he was with the animals of the forest. Never fearful and always willing to help, Bramble has made a name for himself among the creatures and is often found chatting with them instead of the other Fae families.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:06 am

{Stamp of Approval}

I love love it. But maybe a little more on his description, hair, eyes, the norm.
Back to top Go down
Warlord Tereyal
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Warlord Tereyal

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:46 am

Hello there, I was just reading this thread and its an intriguing idea. But I cannot commit to such a rp without alittle more info on the non-Fae side of things.

I was just wondering if I could play a human perhaps to add some variety. I will willingly play a fae, but I was wondering how a human could be involved and the dynamics that brings into play. Such as what does he think of the Fae? How does he react to magic in general? How does the effect of only having 'technology' to defend one's self (Guns etc) determine a persons reaction to events? Does he side with them? Against them? Or with them but always with the best interests of humankind coming before them.

I was thinking he would be a police officer or perhaps a member of the government. Who would discover the Fae and assist them. All the while keeping tabs on them and their activity, willing to turn against them should the need of his people arise.

Its just some random thoughts, hopefully you can dredge through all that. So I'm interested, but I'm not sure about committing to it just yet.

Either reply here or send me a 'Private Message' if maybe you want to keep the other member in suspense and curiosity.

But again if you would prefer a Fae, just say so. And if I don't join, it isn't personal I swear nor that I dislike your idea. It is more that I may not be able to commit time wise at present. And I never join a RP if I cannot run the full distance with it.

Warlord.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:52 am

I see. It would be wise to add a human character. Give me a moment and I will send you the information through a PM. Glad to have your instant.
Back to top Go down
Warlord Tereyal
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Warlord Tereyal

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:59 am

Here is the first draft of sorts. Any feedback is appreciated, thank you.

Name: Morgan Tereyal
Height: 6"2'
Race: Human
Position: Law enforcement officer and hunter.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Animal Appearance: N/A (Yet... we will see where the story goes.)

Personality: Morgan is a hunter, a stalker and a force to be reckoned with. He is quiet, observant and knows to use the area to his advantage. Whether that is the rooftops in a high speed chase of a rapist, or the silent stalking of a deer, he willingly uses his skills. Dispite this he is not a sociopath, he may not be the most open my but he is friendly, cheerful and a warm person in general. However don't push any of his beliefs or break any law near him, or he will leap into action, whether he is on duty or not. God help anyone who tries to escape from him. He has carefully avoided receiving medals and awards for his service just like he avoided competing to show his skill; as he dislikes bringing attention to himself.

Biography: Morgan is a fairly average kind of guy with some very non-average skills. He is a master of the sword, normally a longsword. He also is known well for his archery skills, he does not use any of the more modern muskets and such, as they are loud, slow and unreliable. Instead he like the range and accuracy of his bow. He keeps his bow with a quiver on his back and the longsword in its sheath in his belt (Unless in use).

He goes to see his parents often who live in a small cabin in the woods. At present he is in no relationship with anyone, but he does not like drinking in general while he can hold his drink fairly well. But mainly he does not like socializing as he views it as a waste of time, not because he dislikes people. That and he hunts in the forest during the day and often works at night. Protecting those who need it most, from those who wish to exploit the cover or darkness... bad move. Due to his preference for these tasks, he wears fully leather amour without a helm so it does not obstruct his view and his clothes and cloak over his armour are dark green or black for this reason. The only jewelery is a small silver ring from one of his late childhood friends on his middle finger and a gold necklace hidden under his clothes which was a gift from his parents.

There is no noticeable events of his childhood other than the tragic death of his best friend Alexander. It is still a sore point for him after 10 years, his friend drowned while swimming and while Morgan was not to blame and does not blame anyone for it, he strongly misses his friend and often thinks of him.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 pm

{Stamp of Approval}

This is good. I like the character well fitted for the story.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:02 am

<__< rp is going up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Warlord Tereyal
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Warlord Tereyal

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Sounds good. I wait in tense anticipation or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:33 pm

Aye. xD

Give me time tonight and it will be up I began writing the IC.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:21 am

Hope to see your character soon kae kae dear!!

Also rp up!!

Summerland IC
Back to top Go down
Antaric
Wingless Soul
Antaric

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 4:44 pm

I should be able to get my post up this evening, Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Antaric
Wingless Soul
Antaric

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:02 pm

And I'm sorry for that delay... but I finally have my post up.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 11:42 pm

It's fine : D Glad you posted.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:56 am

And I will post in the rp tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Warlord Tereyal
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Warlord Tereyal

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:03 pm

While its great that you have decided to keep posting Mai. I can't respond to that, thats more of a filler post, all it contains is thoughts the character has, its like a reiteration of the first introduction post. And thats fine for the intros, but if we keep doing them, the roleplay will go no-where and our characters will sit on their respective chairs and lament life for the whole roleplay.

Just saying. I don't know if your waiting for someone to do something, or what. But yes until I have some sort of idea about what my guy should be doing. Other than chatting to himself and his parents which again is basically himself. If you could supply some detail on what you want me to do that would be great, even if it is just a general hint. Should I just sit and wait with the parents until we decide to actually start roleplaying, or do I go hunting and wander around the forest until I come across you lamenting in a chair and ask what your doing? or perhaps something else. I leave it in your capable hands oh high roleplay creator. Smile

And look at that. I even gave you an emoticon. I'm learning.
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Fixed my post and added more.

Now Warlord you can make your character come out to the Beltane celebration. That is where my character is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)   Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Summerland (OOC- Mature- Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next