Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letters From a Friend

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Treble
Admin
Treble

Female Posts : 900

Letters From a Friend Empty
PostSubject: Letters From a Friend   Letters From a Friend EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:07 am

It had been a long week. Hell, it had been a long decade, but today, especially today, had been so incredibly long. Not because of what was to be done, no, the daily chores of being famous never seemed to bother Emaline. Today though, today was the five year anniversary since her fiancé had left her. Granted, it had been mutual; Emaline always knew she’d never meet a man and stay with him, her career meant too much to her for her to be able to hold onto a family. But today, she’d wanted him back, if only for a moment. She shook her head for a moment, letting her long, fire red hair fall down her back, and looked around her empty penthouse suite. It was a gorgeous apartment, on the top floor of Trump Towers, but it was empty. Sometimes this life was so empty. She walked along the marble floor, to the great, white oak desk situated directly in front of her window, and sat in the cushion chair. It was the most comfortable chair she’d ever had, and had cost well over five thousand dollars, damn well money worth spent, if you asked her. Yawning lightly, she reached into a drawer and pulled out a small stack of plain, white lined paper with a small rose in the right hand corner. She pulled a black pen out of the drawer as well, and then she sighed softly, her eyes closing as she thought for a moment, and then began to write…

My Dearest Ella,
Hello love, how are you doing? I’m doing fantastic, as always. I did a small concert in Time Square yesterday, and as promised, I’m home now for three days of rest and relaxation, which include doing a small appearance on the Leno show. I know! I know I promised no work for at least two days, but I didn’t know my agent was going to spring this on me. I promise it’s the only thing I have planned. Make sure to watch! You know I depend on you to tell me how retarded I look.

How are the kids? And that fantastic husband of yours? Everything’s still perfect for you, I’m betting. You know I envy you so much, Ella. You may think I’m the one that got the lucky break, but I’m not. You got the perfect life. Kids… A loving husband… Everything that life’s about. Anyway, enough of my splurging on how much I envy you.

I met with a producer today. They want to use one of my songs in a movie about, hell I have no idea, but they want to use one of my songs! I sold the rights for over five million dollars! Plus I get a cut in every single dollar the movie makes! Holy hell, Ella, I can’t tell you how amazing that makes me feel.

Well, we finally got out the newest album. You’re in there, as always. You know you’re my number one thanks. And there’s always something about you in every single thing I write. God, I miss you Ella. I miss you so much. I think it’s time we both stopped being so busy and you let me come visit. I would love to see you, your kids, and your husband. I miss you guys…

How’s the Bay? Sometimes I really miss the water, ya’know? I miss the peace, and tranquility that comes with it. Even if I don’t miss the small town gossip…

The woman paused for a moment as she closed her eyes and leaned back in the chair, a small smile on her face as she floated back to the first time she'd met Elonda. They’d been five, and it had been the middle of summer…

“What’re you doing there?” The little girl had asked as she walked down her side walk. She had bouncing red hair and a playfully happy face that was rosy, and full of a child’s wonder. She’d just moved to Chesapeake Bay, and hadn’t made any friends yet, but this girl looked like she held possibilities. The young girl looked up, her eyes roaming over Emaline before she shrugged lightly. “I’m makin’ a hop-scotch board with chalk.” Emaline’s eyes widened as she practically pounced on the young girl, a happy screech escaping her lips. “I love hop-scotch! Can I play? Do you wanna play together?! I’m Emma by the way!” She laughed as she reached down, grabbing up a rock and looking at the girl, who was staring at Emma with mild interest. “Well… I guess… You did find a rock for us to use. So you can play. But it’s gotta be fair, okay?” Her blue eyes lifted to peer at the girl skeptically, though all her thoughts scattered as she couldn’t help but laugh. Ema looked so insulted at the thought that she actually scowled. “I don’t cheat. Playin’ fair’s impor… impra… import…” She scrunched up her face a bit before looking around. “Important?” The other girl supplied, a light grin on her face. “Yeah, that one.” Ema grinned back at her as she reached down, helping the girl to her feet. “So, what’s your name anyways?” The other girl smiled shyly at Ema before muttering softly “I’m Elonda.”

“Elonda, hmm? Mind if I call you Ella? Ella it is.” Ema grinned cheekily as she walked to the edge of the hop-scotch board, her arm companionably around Ella’s shoulders. “Anyways, you go first, Ella. It’s your board afterall…”

Emaline grinned lightly at the recollection, her eyes fluttering lightly. That had been so long ago… And yet, she couldn’t love her friend anymore than she did at that moment. Sighing softly, she reached back for the paper, and continued writing…

Small town gossip always did annoy me. Anyway, I think I’m going to start on that R&R, I’ll write more later. Love you, Ella. Forever and always, even from afar.

Always,
Emma
Back to top Go down
https://dramahatersrpg.darkbb.com
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Female Posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Letters From a Friend   Letters From a Friend EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:41 am

“Mommy, the mail is here,” Elonda’s six year old daughter Stephanie said as she ran towards her mother, brown hair bouncing and blue eyes shining. “There’s a letter from Aunt Ema here mommy!”

“Aren’t you a smart girl, my Stephanie, how did you know it’s from Aunt Ema?” Ella asked her daughter

“Because Mommy, there’s a pretty flower on the envelope.”

“I see baby, well, lets not tell daddy that we got this ok?”

“Ok mommy, we’ll keep it a secret from daddy,” the little girl said with a confused expression on her face.

“Thank you, baby doll. Now why don’t you go play with your brother Derek?”

Stephanie nodded before running away to find her four year old brother. Elonda loved her children; they were the only thing that kept her going anymore. Hearing the front door slam she rushed into the bathroom, hiding the letter from her best friend under the sink and rushing to the kitchen to finish getting dinner ready.

“Hey baby,” Elonda called to her husband Dean from her spot in front of the stove. “How was work?”

“My damn boss bitched me out because that idiot son of his told him I was taking too many smoke breaks,” Dean growled at his wife. “What are you making?”

“I’m making spaghetti, garlic bread, and a salad,” she said quietly, trying not to invoke his wrath. Dean grunted his approval. Dinner was quiet that night, much like every night in Elonda’s house. Even her four year old knew to be quiet when daddy was home. Ella hated her husband for what he did to her and how he treated their kids, but what could she do? She cleaned up after dinner, put her children to bed and straightened up the house, waiting for Dean to go to sleep himself. As soon as she heard his snores, she went to the bathroom to retrieve her letter, locking the door behind her. She smiled to herself as she read it, tears in her eyes. Elonda was so happy her friend found success and her life was good, even if her own was lacking. Pulling out her notepad she started drafting a letter to Ema, her Ema.

Dear Ema,

It’s so good to here from you. Of course I watched you on TV last night, nothing could keep me away. You looked splendid, as always. I hope you try to get more rest soon; you never seem to get a break longer than a day or two. I’m so excited about the movie!!! I knew you would make it; it was always obvious to everybody around here.

The kids are doing great. Stephanie loves her first grade teacher and is getting great grades. I finally put Derek in preschool. He’s such a sweet boy, but he’s so shy. Dean is doing marvelously. He might be getting a promotion at work soon! He sends his love by the way. Everybody here misses you dearly.

Don’t envy me, I’m just a boring old house wife. Kids, husband, dinner, shopping. The same thing every single day. It more boring and tedious than you’d ever know. I would love to live your glamorous life. Going to movie premiers, eating with well known, wonderful people, everything. My life is boring, you have some excitement in yours at least. Don’t get me wrong, I love my life, but sometimes, I’m just incredibly jealous.

Well, it’s getting late and I have to cook a bunch of cookies for Stephanie’s class bake sale. I love and miss you so much Ema, I hope we can see each other soon.

With all of my heart,
Ella

Suddenly, Ella was pulled out of her thoughts by banging on the door. She looked at it fearfully, while hiding her letters. “What the fuck are you doing in there?” Dean shouted at his wife. “You better not be writing damn letters to that bitch again.” Ella quickly flushed the toilet and walked out of the bathroom.

“No baby, I was just using the bathroom, that’s all,” she said quietly, hoping he’d believe her.

“Don’t lie to me bitch!” he exclaimed, backhanding her in the face and once again, splitting her lip. “Go to fucking bed.”

She nodded and turned away, holding her bleeding mouth and trying not to cry. She prayed the kids were still sleeping peacefully, knowing she couldn’t check on them without him doing worse to her. She climbed in bed and curled up in a ball, letting the tears quietly fall, knowing not to make a sound to disturb him. Eventually, Elonda cried herself to sleep, to dream of leaving this place and living with her best friend, the only person she ever loved other than her two children. Her husband couldn't figure out why she was smiling in her sleep when he woke the next morning for work.
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

PostSubject: Re: Letters From a Friend   Letters From a Friend EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:49 am

Bright lights shone through the closing curtains as a thunderous applause filled Emaline's ears. She was in L.A. and had just finished an incredibly successful charity concert that was sponsoring the newest Aids research. As the curtains finally closed completely, Ema couldn't help but sigh, her hands automatically reaching up and grabbing her long red hair, expertly twisting it into a messy bun. "Gino, what time is it?" She asked her manager as she started walking back to her room that the arena had provided.

"Ah, just after two am, Em." The girl blinked, her head whipping around as she looked at him. "Af.. Two... That concert was supposed to end at midnight. What the hell happened?!" Gino only smiled as he shrugged a bit. "Hey, what can I say? You love your fans too much to leave them when they scream for more. Besides, it was all for a good cause." Ema laughed as she shook her head, her hand lifting to idly push open her door. "Yeah yeah, just call me Mother Theresa why don'tcha. Now get out, I want to write Ella. It's been almost two weeks since I last wrote." Without waiting for her manager to say anything, Emaline closed the door on his face and turned towards the couch situated in the corner of the room. Her feet were aching, and she was dying to get out of the shoes she wore, which was why she slipped out of them, and her pants, as she made her way to the furniture, leaving her clothes on the floor as she walked. In a pile next to the azure couch was a pair of black sweat pants and a plain grey wife beater, which she put on happily, her body already relaxing as she sank into the couch. The woman grabbed the pen and rose paper sitting on the coffee table, folded her legs up under her, and began to write.

Sweet Ella,

Hi babydoll, how's everything going? It's okay here, I think, it's hard to tell right now because of how tired I am. I just got done with the Aids Benefit Concert, and boy let me tell you, it was loooooong. I started at eight, and was supposed to be done by midnight. But guess what! It's TWO AM! Isn't that ridiculous?! I couldn't say no to all the people begging me to sing more. Who knows, maybe I really am a softee at heart. Don't tell anyone though! Anywho, I got your last letter, and I'm really glad you and your family are doing so great. How'd Dean do with the promotion?! Did he get it? I hope so! That's so awesome, sweetie! You must be so proud of your man, he takes such good care of you and my little nieces.

I. Had. A. Date. Last. Night! Yup, I did. First one in over a year, too. It's been waaaay too long since I last went out, ya'know? But I've been so busy lately, I just don't have the time, or the patience for that matter, to go out with guys. My manager loves that, but my friends say I'm crazy and need a real life. Pfft, like they know what they're talking about. Wanna know who the date was with? Though, if you read those damn tabloids you already know. That's right! Devon Sawa! He was so gorgeous! But anywaaaaay.

Listen, I'm having a concert near the Bay next week! I'm going to send you four V.I.P. tickets. I really want you guys to come! I miss you. I have to close this now, I'll see you soon I hope!

Love you!
Emma
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Letters From a Friend   Letters From a Friend EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Dearest Emma,

I’m so glad to hear that you had such a great benefit concert. I know how much those mean to you. Hopefully the kids and I are able to come see you when you come to the Bay. Unfortunately, Dean didn’t get that promotion, but he’s working a lot more trying to show them that they were wrong not to give it to him. You know how stubborn he is. What that really means is he won’t be able to come with us to the concert. I’ll still try my hardest to be there with the kids though. You don’t know how much they miss you.

I’m so glad that you’re dating again! You need to enjoy yourself more. Go out and have fun, even if you don’t wind up marrying the guy, that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun going out with him for a bit first does it? So do you guys plan to go out again? I want juicy gossip that the tabloids can only dream about!

Well, Derek just decided to play in the flour and Stephanie needs some help with her math work. Sorry for making this short, but hopefully us seeing each other will make up for it. (I can’t wait!!!).

Love you lots!
Ella

Just as Elonda was putting away the newest letter and the tickets in her hiding place, she heard Dean’s car slam to a stop outside. She grabbed the cordless phone and Stephanie, putting the phone in her daughter’s hands. “Take your brother to our secret place and call Uncle Josh. Tell him that mommy needs him to come get you and Derek. Tell him the password is “ice cream,” ok baby?”

“Ok mommy,” Stephanie said to her mother with confusion in her eyes.

“Go now baby, I love you! Remember to stay there until Uncle Josh comes get you, nobody else, not even mommy or daddy ok?”

“Ok.”

Elonda heard the front door slam open and Dean stomp into their bedroom. “Hurry baby!” She said, pushing her children out the back door, trying to protect them from their abusive father. She closed the door behind them and started cleaning up the flour, knowing her husband was drunk, and hoping he’d go to sleep rather than come find her. Her hopes, once again proved false.

She didn’t look up as she heard Dean walk into the kitchen, her flinching with his every step. “What the fuck is this mess!?” he bellowed. She could smell the alcohol on him from across the room.
“I dropped the flour when I started to bake cookies for the kids,” she said, trying to keep his anger on her, rather than her children.

“Where are the brats anyways?” he said, looking around.

“My brother picked them up for the night. He said it’s been too long since he’s seen them and that he missed them.”

“Didn’t I say that I didn’t want you talking to your brother? No matter, at least they won’t be bothering me tonight.”

Elonda sighed in relief. She finished cleaning up the flour and got up, walking to the fridge without even looking at her husband. She pulled out what she planned on making for dinner and set it on the counter, before Dean roughly grabbed her and pulled her towards him.

“You know what you’re bitch self caused today? Thanks to you, I lost my job. Good luck finding a way to feeding those brats of yours now!”

Knowing that she shouldn’t, but not able to stop herself she said, “But Dean, how is it my fau-” she got before he back handed her, his wedding ring cutting her cheek.

“Don’t mouth off at me bitch!” he bellowed before punching her in the stomach, and shoving her backwards.

She knew she was falling, and felt something hit her head before she saw nothing but blackness. The next thing she saw was the white of the hospital ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Treble
Admin
Treble

PostSubject: Re: Letters From a Friend   Letters From a Friend EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:02 am

Emma grinned lightly as she read, and then reread Ella's last letter. She was going to see her! After so many years, she was going to see her best friend! It was going to be one of the most amazing reunions she'd ever witnessed. Gods, she couldn't wait to see her little angels, her god children. A smile crossed her face as she leaned back in the chair, thinking about the two little bundles of joy. As she looked around her penthouse suit, the closest place she had to a real home, she smiled. There were pictures of the kids everywhere. And of Ella, of course. There were pictures of them when they were children, as well as the numerous photos of them growing up. She was just about to get up and call it a night when her phone rang. Emma glared at the accursed thing as she got up and answered it. Little did she know this call would forever change her life...

-Four Hours Later-

Emma was a complete nervous wreck as the plane landed. She almost ran her private staff over in anticipation. Ella?! In the hospital?! She couldn't help but cry as she thought of her darling Ella beaten and broken laying in a hospital bed. As she knocked into her personal assistant.

"For gods sake, Janice! Get the hell out of my..." She stopped herself as she turned and frowned, shaking her head slowly, "I'm sorry.. I'm just on edge." She murmured as she looked apologetically at him. At least he offered a smile and shook his head, a lot more than her Manager had done. He'd practically flipped out when she'd told him the concert might have to go on hold because she had personal business. But if there was one thing Emma absolutely did not stand for, it was being walked all over. She'd had no problem telling Gino where he could shove his worries over money and everything else.

The car ride to the hospital, and everything else was a simple blur as she stared out the window. Soon she saw her small town rushing by in a blur of motion, and then, after what seemed like an eternity, the hospital came into view. Emmaline wasted no time at all as she jumped out of the care and raced into the hospital like a bat out of hell. She completely ignored the looks and stares and tilted heads as she made her way to the reception desk and got the information she needed. With a small, violent jerk she turned around and rushed away, the only thing on her mind being Ella, and how absolutely horrible it was that this had happened.

As she walked through the corridor, Emma frowned. She'd always hated hospitals. She stopped right in front of Ella's room as tears sprang in her eyes. "Oh... My poor poor kitten..." She whispered softly as she silently walked in the empty room and took a seat. She didn't know where Dean was, but at the moment all she could think about was staring at Ella's slumbering form.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Letters From a Friend   Letters From a Friend EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:33 pm

“Ella! Where are you going?” twelve year old Emma asked her best friend, running to keep up with her.

“I have to get home before my mom does!” Ella shouted to her best friend.

“Why? We were supposed to hang out after school remember?”

“I’m sorry Emma, but I have to have the house clean before my mom gets home or else!” Ella said hurriedly.

Knowing what the or else would be, Emma paled. “I’ll help you clean up!” she said, running faster, trying to beat Helen, Ella’s mother, home so her best friend wouldn’t get hurt again.

“Emma! I need you to meet me in our usual spot,” Ella cried over the phone to the only person she trusted.

“Why Ella, what’s wrong?” Emma asked with concern leaking into her voice.

“I lost the baby!” Ella said before sobbing into the receiver.

“Oh my God! What happened?” she asked, with tears in her eyes.

“My mother wanted some quality time. Sarah and Josh got in a fight and broke a lamp. I guess I should have kept them apart. Mom wasn’t happy with me.”

“Oh Ella,” Emma sighed. “I’ll be at our spot in ten minutes, okay? I love you.”

“I love you too Ella.”

Laying in the hospital, Ella stared at the ceiling. Her kids were safe, thank God. Her brother had them. She had already filed a police report against Dean, also getting a restraining order. Her little sister was sitting next to her, with tears in her eyes.

Sarah didn’t like seeing her strong sister so broken. This was the girl that took every beating their mother had dished out, just to protect her younger brother and sister. In Sarah’s eyes, her sister was a guardian angel, how could Dean do this to her?

Emma looked over at her sister. “Call Emma,” she said in a hoarse whisper. “Tell her what happened. She needs to know.”

“Ok Elonda. I’ll call her now. Do you want me to tell her to come?” Sarah asked carefully, knowing how close they used to be and how much their friendship has suffered over the years from the distance and from Dean.

Ella grinned lightly. “Like it matters,” she said quietly. “She’ll come whether I want her to or not.

Now Ella is sitting in bed waiting nervously for the one person she loved above all others to arrive. She hates that the first time they see each other in years, she’s covered in bruises, but there’s nothing to be done about that now. She’s just not sure what Emma will do to Dean.

“It will be nasty knowing her,” Ella said to herself, before falling asleep.

She awoke to hear a commotion outside her room. “Emma must be here,” she said to Sarah, who was once again sitting next to her.

Sarah and Ella both look up to see Emma standing in the door and staring at Ella, with tears in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters From a Friend   Letters From a Friend Empty

Back to top Go down

Letters From a Friend
Page 1 of 1