Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

Male Posts : 200

Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] Empty
PostSubject: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:50 am

Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] Raoubo

'Tis a pirate roleplay, y'see. We'll be makin' the story of Cap'n James Vane. I'll be playin' the role of James Vane. The plot of this here roleplay is that Cap'n James Vane and his crew on "The Bloody Barnacle" are searchin' for treasure, like most good pirates would. But the treasure has more to it than it seems and everyone else knows this while our Cap'n don't. The treasure can give any man power for the rest of his immortal life. Meanin' you find this, you become immortal and have power for eternity. From there we'll see where it goes, savvy? The rules are basically like any other roleplay rules. No godmoddin', double postin', or any of yer other landlubber shenanigans. When yer character is talkin', please have them use pirate jargon if they happen to be a pirate. And you don't have to be commandin' yer own ship. Ye can be a simple crew mate or marine, if you'd like. Ye can even be a pirate wench!

The Character Sheet
Spoiler:

Now git too it, mates! Let's find us some treasure!

EDIT: Yar! I seemed to have left out a few things, me hearties. If yee want to make a character with an odd role, like Caretaker of Souls or some of that piratey shenanigans, then please PM me with that info. Also there'll be gore with great detail, violence with great detail, strong language in allowable doses and minimal amounts of sexual relations so it will be marked as mature. If Ace has a problem with a post in the RP, then it will be edited to her standards. No bitching and complaining. I'm hoping that these things are fine with her and I've read the rules to make sure they were.

Last edited by nightsun on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

Female Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:41 am

-peeks in-

I am interested....
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Hurray ^^ You can put up an CS whenever you feel like it :3
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:15 am

Alright =D Pirates!!! XD
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:15 am

I liek them :3
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

Male Posts : 1104

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:26 am

Name: Captain Lucius Cutthroat, Scourge of the Sea.
Role: Pirate Captain.
Ship Name: The Gloomy Emerald.
Pirate's Tale: The tale of Cap'n Lucius Cutthroat is as dark as the depths of the sea itself. Raised within a family of different factions, his mother, a common wench involved with the French Revolution, and his father, Captain Alexander Cutthroat. Lucius earned the title of Scourge of the Sea by plundering every last port within sailing distance of his island. The very same place he stays when he is recovering from foreign viruses or counting his booty.
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344895905#!/profile
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:27 am

Great character, dude. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:42 am

This be the Cap'n, you scurvy dogs.

Name: Captain "Bloody" James Vane
Role: Pirate Captain
Ship Name: The Bloody Barnacle
Pirate's Tale: Born into a family of pirates, his father was never at home as well as his older brothers. They were always gone and not home for months at a time. Whenever his father was home, he would teach him how to use a cutlass and flintlock pistol. The first journey James took with his brothers was when he was fourteen. During the journey, he helped raid three small towns and several ships. He had hesitated during the first person he killed which almost resulted in his own death. After doing it though, he found killing to be a breeze. He grew to be very violent and skilled with the cutlass and various other swords.

When he was twenty-four, he received his own ship from his brothers after a raid. It was a fairly large Spanish treasure galleon that had been plundered. Using his share of the plunder, he fixed up the ship and hired his own crew. His crew was loyal to the end. He'd been a fair captain and rarely had any issues with his crew. Eventually, James got larger and larger vessels with the gold he'd received from his share of the plunder. With the bigger the vessel, the more crew he'd hire.

Close to the age of sixty, he'd heard news of this grand treasure and hoped to find it before anyone else. Five years later, everyone knows what this treasure is capable of when he does not and they're all searching.
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:57 pm

Name: Captain Morgana Musketmouth
Role: Pirate Captain
Ship Name: The Damned Oyster
Pirate's Tale: The offspring of a famous pirate, she was the daughter of a whore as well. She lived in two different worlds. She chose the harder life, risking her neck to steal and commit thievery. She worked on her father's ship of course the man was not known to her or him about her. She never knew her father very well. Her mother died from a strange disease, so Morgana took to the seas to steal treasures and adventure. She became captain of the "Damned Oyster" through murder, but that is not widely known. She had been close to the captain, until he suddenly passed away. She is great with guns and never fails to hit anything. She is a hard woman, but cares about the lives of her crew.
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:04 pm

Okay. Now I think that three captains is enough my dear people. For now at least. We need crew mates, and the British Navy of course.
Back to top Go down
Jules
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Jules

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:34 pm

Yaar! I be interestimated in being First Mate. Or sump'm.

Code:
Name: 'Deadeye' Jones (Also known as 'Fluffypants', but not to his face)
Role: Pirate (First Mate)
Ship Name: The Damned Oyster
Pirate's Tale: Deadeye joined the crew of the Damned Oyster about a year ago, when pirates raided a lone, heavily damaged Navy vessel. Down in the brig, they found a particularly bedraggled, bearded man, dressed in fur-lined clothes and manacled to the wall. He was, it turned out, being transported for trial on the charge of piracy and, since the Oyster could always do with more hands to fight, he was taken aboard. The crew, since they couldn't pronounce his actual name, took to calling him 'Fluffypants' after the fur-lined clothing they originally found him in.
He took the abuse without complaint, since at the time he was the lowest of the low among the deckhands, and in time proved to be an able seaman. When one of the crew mutineered against, and murdered, the original captain of the Damned Oyster, Fluffypants was one of the first in line to turn against the traitorous rapscallion. The man's pleas that he wasn't alone in murdering the Captain, despite being the one with most to gain, fell of deaf ears. In the resultant fight, Fluffypants lost an eye, and the traitor lost his life.
For some reason, in the resultant vote to elect a new captain and First Mate, Fluffypants name was the one that came up to run as Mate, and afterwards he insisted on having a new moniker: Deadeye. Occasionally one of the crew forgets himself and mentions the name 'Fluffypants', usually while drunk. If Deadeye is in hearing range, a knife nicks the sailor in question and pins him to the wall by his clothing.

No-one has ever seen Deadeye drunk.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Edit: Btw, do we want this pirate theme to be historically accurate, or heavily romanticized?

Last edited by Jules on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Well, I was gunna throw in some steampunkish sort of aspect to it with weapon advancements so it won't be entirely accurate. You can do whatever you want with your character ^^
Back to top Go down
Jules
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Jules

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:19 pm

Steampunkish weapons? Surprised Gimme! Very Happy

Hum, yes. I like that idea a lot. Since you're thinking of making it steampunkish, would the idea of energy weapons be entirely too outrageous? I mean, weapons that discharge electricity in a particular direction when fired. They could be highly inaccurate and temperamental, if needs be.

Also, are there going to be weird, mad-sciency seamonsters, a-la Girl Genius?
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:35 am

I wasn't thinking that steampunkish. I got the idea of the steampunk weapons from an old RP I did with my friends. There wasn't that much other than the weapons that were mechanical. I also kinda wanted to stick with ships too. There'll still be flintlock pistols and the such but there will also be a few advanced weapons.

There can be sea monsters but on the mechanical basis, just keep them fleshy, people eating, fun loving sea monsters, plox.
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 5:32 am

Bump because pirates are sick as fuck, dawg. -Calls for Belle- I need a slapping...
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

Female Posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Name: Patricia Douglas (she prefers to go by her last name and if anyone even whispers the name 'patty' she will end them.)
Role: Navigator/Pirate
Ship Name: The Damned Oyster (I 'ope that's okay, Mai. c: )
Pirate's Tale: Patricia was the daughter of a map maker from London. She was to take up his trade, although, she found just making maps quite boring. She prefered the outdoors where she could roam and study the weather. When she was 22 they moved across the ocean but the ship got attacked by pirates. Being smart, she hide until they slaughtered everyone on board and then popped out and gave the pirate about to kill her a bet. Heads, she lives and is taken to live on board the ship as a crew member and tails, she's dead. She was smarter than the average pirate and so she let him flip a lopsided coin which usually landed heads. And so, she was employed as a cook for a year until one day the navigator was taking them into a bad storm. She insisted she knew a faster way around it and for some reason, the captain aloud it. After she'd proved her navigational skills a few more times, the original guy disappeared and she took over.
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 7:09 pm

Good character, Kaely. Accepted ^^ Why does everyone want to be on the Damned Oyster? Sad Me and Brad are lonely. Anyway, should we start after Jules finishes his character sheet or wait for at least one more?
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:10 am

Heheee, because it's a Damned Oyster. Who the hell wouldn't want to be on a ship called that. xD
Back to top Go down
Bloody_Maiden
Tackle Angel
Bloody_Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 4:17 am

Lmao -hugs Kaely- Welcome aboard dearie. xD The Damned Oyster!! Ahoy!

I will make a second character.
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:26 am

Arrr, it be because a captain can only trust their crew as far as they can throw 'em!
Back to top Go down
Kaelynisfree
Underachiever
Underachiever
Kaelynisfree

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:58 pm

me wants pirates :c where be the pirates that you promised, night? *cries*
Back to top Go down
Jules
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Jules

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:44 am

Nyeh! I hate weeks like the one I just had. Putting it simply, I had to organise a trip to Bristol, and a hot-air balloon ride x 7, and I had to get everyone there on time. AND put up with the traffic. AND make sure everyone had enough spending money. AND make sure everyone knew when and where to meet to get back home without mishaps. It was like herding cats.

I haet, HAET, organising daytrips. DX

Anyway, I'm all better now. Much less grouchy. Very Happy

Also, waterballoons aren't allowed in hot-air balloons. Who knew?
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Ok. I'm back from my small vacation and I'll read Jules' character sheet when I get home from babysitting and if I'm up to it after organizing everything, I'll make the IC thread Smile Cool?
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:53 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
SwineSlaughter
Zombie Hunter
SwineSlaughter

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:03 pm

-Is working on the IC- ^^;

EDIT: CLICK ME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]   Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy] Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Sails at Midnight [OOC|Pirates|Traditional Fantasy]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next