Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Once Upon a Time... (Mature)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mallic
The Sneak
Mallic

Male Posts : 93

Once Upon a Time... (Mature) Empty
PostSubject: Once Upon a Time... (Mature)   Once Upon a Time... (Mature) EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:15 pm

This is not a Fairy Tale

In Albion, the Hero Paladin has taken the role as Head of the Guild, the former Guild Master finally succumbing to illness. He married Lady Grey 24 years ago, and a decade later, their son had been born. Paladin named him Evan while his mother insisted on the last name of Grey. Though being married to Lady Grey, Paladin realized soon after going through the Grey Manor, that Lady Grey had murdered her sister, that she was not the woman he thought he had married, and was going to expose her, until he realized that any cruel intentions she would have towards the people of Bowerstone he could hopefully offset. He was no longer able to stomach her, and moved to his home in the Guild, Maze's former Tower, where he focused upon his students. However his son, whom he had left in the care of his mother, due to him being a reminder of his blasphemous marriage to the vile woman, grew bitter and darker than his father. On a trip to Bowerstone to make his annual visit to ease the sufferings of the people, he saw his son, and how his skin had paled, and how his very presence had darkened. He lied to his wife, saying that he had been on a quests for 3 years, and took the boy to train at the Guild, who by then had reached 7. Paladin also took with him other children from all over the land of Albion, and he has become guidance to them, hoping to send them down the path of good. On his back he bares the fabled and feared Sword of Aeons, though none know how he acquired it, a shameful secret he has born to no one. He hopes to wait until his son has become more good before he bestows the Sword to him, for he knows, should it fall into a dark hearted person’s grimy hands, much evil would come of it. And after the Graveyard Keeper had robbed the former Gate Keeper, Nostro, in his grave of all his armor, shield, and weapon, he fears to have the sword buried with him.
It has been 5 years since then, and gathered in the guild are the apprentices who are near finished with their training, and dark forces are again conspiring to take the land, though how much they shall leave intact remains to be seen…..
What paths shall our young would-be heroes choose? Will people sing of their great victories, or flee in the face of their monstrous figures?

I have decided to come up with a few new spells. I noticed that they didn't have any water or ice based spells. Here are a few:

Ice Shard: Works in the same way as the Fireball technique, only this one shoots a shard of ice to pierce an opponet. Higher levels can shoot more shards, and even shards that can shoot through several people, or the equivilant of a tree.

Any other suggestions will be welcome. Also a note: There will be experience orbs that are dropped by slain enemies. For people who have some skill in Will, rather than walking over it and absorbing it into their body, they use the Will to draw it to themselves over a stretch of twenty yards.

Main Baddie History:

Talon Hacksaw was once a great Hero. A powerful Swordsman, an unmatched Archer, and a wise Mage. He saved and he saved people, doing all he could to protect the land of Albion. He fell in love, as most men do, with a beautiful woman who had saved his life from grievous wounds he suffered at the hands of a horde of Undead.

He showered her with love, and gifts, keeping her safe always. While away on a quest however, she took a lover. When she became pregnant, and the other man claimed to be the father, Talon asked his wife, to which she replied, "Yes. He is the father. But what did you think would happen. You are always gone." With that, he pulled out his sword, and impaled her stomach with it, before blasting her away with a fireball. He began to hate women, and, over time, he began to hate everything. He hated the world so much, he wanted to make it go away, so that everyone would suffer just as he had. He soon found other men who sought the destruction of kingdoms so that they may rule. Though he does not allow women to join, his hatred for them leading him to kill any who he comes across.

He has brought many creatures into his service as well, including the great fire breathing Dragons. He seems to have some diabolical plan for the heroes of Albion, what it is, remains to be seen...

The Legendary weapons have all been collected by the Hero, whose name will be Paladin. Not only will we have our names, but the titles we chose after joining the Guild WHICH WE WILL BE REFERRING TO EACH OTHER AS... anyone interested? I only really have a couple requirements.
1) Post often.
2) That the posts be at least four lines long.
3) No God moding, obviously.
4) And no controlling others' Characters without consulting them first.
5) No Fighting with other Apprentices.
After graduating from the Guild, you have the choice of Soloing, or teaming up, as long as your posts make relitive sense to the main story, which I am working on. Also you can excell in Strength, or Skill, or Will, and finally you could be just a General character, or a combination of two, while very poor in the other. For ones that are proficient in one, must be weaker in the others, and vice versa. I will come up with quests for people to do so that they can earn Gold, the Currency of Albion. There will be two sides to each quest, one for good, and one for evil. If a person takes it solo, they get all of the Gold, as well as reknown, in other words how much people talk about them, and if several people take it, they split the Gold, but each still gets all of the Reknown possible. You can own houses, to live in or rent out, but the cheapest house possible is 1,500 Gold. For Rent it is half of what you paid for the house, but paying to have the house decorated will give you more gold. Umm... I'm pretty sure that's it, but if I think of anything more, I will post it up. Oh, and here's the map.

Spoiler:

Character sheets:

Name:
Title:
Age: (from 10-15, at first I want us all to graduate around the same time)
Appearance:
History:
Alignment: (Good, Evil, Neutral)
Sexuallity: (Heterosexual, Homosexual, Bisexual, and Unsure, but for right now they are too young for anything other than innocent crushes)
Weapons: (Both Melee and Ranged)

*Lets out long breath, inhales, then grins* So... what do you all think? And I'mma go ahead and post up my Character sheet.

Name: Evan Grey

Title: Reaper

Appearence: Give him darker hair, take away Sword of Aeons, and BOOM BABY!!!

Pale skin, slightly glowing blue eyes, dark blonde hair, slim body, pure toned muscle. He is very attractive for his age, but he isn't exactly the scariest person around, though it often leads his enemies to under estimate him. He has short spiky hair, with the bangs falling across his forehead.

Bio: The son of the Hero, Paladin, and Lady Grey. He has been hailed as the next great Hero and the future Lord Grey, though he wants to be nothing like his parents. His father, the Great and Noble Hero and his mother, the Terrible and Cruel, yet beautiful Mayor. He wants great adventures like his father, but cares not for any of the people. He is profiecient in both the Will and Swordmanship. He acts very cold towards others. He secretly has a horrible fear of water, after nearly drowning due to his caregiver's lack of, well, care giving. His favorite spell is Lightning.

Alignment: Neutral

Sexuallity: Doesn't care about people enough to really take note of them.

Weapons: Basic Iron sword.
Back to top Go down
Azshrande
Drama Queen
Drama Queen
Azshrande

Once Upon a Time... (Mature) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Time... (Mature)   Once Upon a Time... (Mature) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:04 pm

Name: Alex Balvore

Title: Balverine

Appearance:
Spoiler:
At an older age. Tattoos and hair remain though.

History: Born in Knothole Glade, Alex grew up around the mighty warriors of the Glade, his father being one of the chief amongst them. He was raised around fighting the Balverines and bandits that constantly plagued the Glade. One day, Paladin's call to gather potential heroes reached his father's ears, and so, scrounging up what little money they had and taking his obsidian longsword, leading his son out of the Glade into the dangers of the world.

They traveled for a day's time before reaching the Witchwood Cullis Gate. Once there, they were ambushed by bandits. His father fought bravely as the boy cowered near the bushes, but one of the bandits fired a crossbow, the quarrel striking his father firmly in the chest. Throwing away his sword, he wrestled the bandit to the ground and called to his son to flee, to which the boy did, scooping up his father's sword in the process. His father had given him a guild seal left in the village for those children with the potential to be Heroes and leaped into the Cullis Gate, finding himself whisked to the Guild of Heroes.

Alignment: Chaotic Good.

Sexuallity: Bisexual

Weapons: His father's Obsidian Longsword.
Back to top Go down

Once Upon a Time... (Mature)
Page 1 of 1