Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)

Go down 
+6
xx_shadowmancer_xx
The Q
GrimReaper
Vanilla
Hiratsu
Shiroi-Ka
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:35 pm

I are deleted Jessica + Aaron cause I dun like ems XD.

They won't be included in any future Post as off now. Might change it but... doubt it...
Back to top Go down
The Q
Underachiever
Underachiever

Female Posts : 204

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 9:19 pm

soo... your leaving the rp now? D8
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Female Posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 9:58 pm

He has other characters, remember? Explode-y guy and lesbian Shadowcat.
Back to top Go down
http://hiratsu.livejournal.com
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:56 pm

JANE AND NATE XD
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 pm

...I like my names better XD
Back to top Go down
The Q
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 12:45 am

Oooh.. yeah that's right never mind.. XD
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:03 am

Hello, everyone. I'm just going to quietly slip in and pretend to be part of the crowd, okay?

Is there a list of character sheets I can scroll through to affiliate myself with them?
Back to top Go down
The Q
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:05 am

OH sweet! new blood!
Well I guess you could always just copy one of ours and erase our data and fill it out with your own data. That's what I do, so I can read it and get a better understanding of what the CS is ask'un for.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:16 am

Nah, sadly I was too lazy to put all the sheets in one convenient place. As such, you'll probably have 9 pages of reading to catch up to us. Sorry....
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:16 am

Just skim through. It won't take that long.
Back to top Go down
The Q
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:17 am

come on dood, let the kid join.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:21 am

Q, I never said he couldn't join. I'm saying if he wants to know who we are he's got a lot of character sheets in various places to read. That doesn't necessarily even mean he has to read them. Technically he could walk up to any one of us and ask us our names, exactly as he would do anyways, and it would look perfectly natural for him to have no clue who we are.

One minor restriction though, if you don't know those of us who have lived in the Alpha Site for a while, I'd like you to make a character that moves to the Alpha Site recently, so they wouldn't know us already. That's only for the forum version of course, since Hira's really the one running the Chat.
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:32 am

Edit: Okay, Shiroi-ka, I think I'll be a new resident of Alpha site. I'm working on my CS now.
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:31 am

Good.. good....

I won't eat you...

.. Nilla might -.- She's crazy.
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:41 am

I've got a character concept going on, but I'm having trouble looking for an original power. The only thing that keeps coming to my mind is fireball.

I need to get out more.

Edit: ooh-kay. Err, bit of a disappointment actually. This RP I made in RPGFO very astonishingly garnered a huge amount of attention, and between being an extremely newb game-master and studying for my exams, I'm going to have to call it quits on this one. My character Zeta will be shelved until time decides to smile upon me again. Sorry about this, guys.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:10 am

No worries, we're not going anywhere. Unlike RPGFO where most RP's don't make it past the third page, we shoot to kill here. When you have time, we'll probably still be running. Maybe very slowly, but then again it would probably pick right back up once new blood was introduced.

Anyways, you don't have to really have an original power, you see it's not being a Mystling that gives you magic. All humans can use Myst, otherwise the levels could never have picked up to where they mutated us, but Mystlings occasionally have magic that isn't controlled properly. Jeremy is entirely in control of his magic, it's not really necessary to be dangerous by accident. He's a powerhouse all on his own, if you piss him off.
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:51 am

Well, I think my RP collapsed on itself. It was pretty strange, good experience, but strange. In one day I attracted seven people's interest and in a few days, it dwindled down to three, and I'm not sure whether those guys are still in. It's pretty sad actually, knowing you put so much work in an RP and see it in need of life-support. I didn't even get to make the IC.

Anyway, I've been working on Zeta again. Exams can do wonders to a writer's block, so I may need to deliver her CS in full later.

Excerpts from Dr. Langston’s Audio Journal

24 December 2008: I arrived home from my laboratory work that evening to find a most peculiar package delivered to my front doorstep. Upon carrying it inside and unwrapping the cloth, I discover much to my utter shock and chagrin that it is, in fact, a newly born female child. I am . . . unsure how to proceed.

25 December 2008: I have notified the authorities and handed over the abandoned child to St. Teresa’s Orphanage where she shall be taken care of. Upon retrospect, I do believe it was the most rational and suitable course of action any law-abiding citizen would have done if they were in my shoes. On a more exciting front, I do believe I am on the verge of a breakthrough. I will be sure to update you on my current progress.

16 January 2009: I suspect a certain pattern is taking place. I return home to find a maddeningly familiar package placed on my front doorstep, and attached to it, a card with very crude writing that read, ‘she’s your problem’. How very odd.

31 August 2009: All efforts to find a foster home for Subject Zeta has proven unsuccessful. She is intractable and hazardous to all those around her, and I fear she may deter me significantly from my work. I am this close to finding a cure for the Mystlings, and I cannot afford to be distracted now by a weepy infant and her bowel problems.

22 March 2014: A remarkable discovery has been made. Subject Zeta, otherwise truncated as simply Zeta by colleagues, has displayed symptoms of an affinity with the Myst. She might be the missing link that would complete my research. Further investigation is required.

13 June 2014: Progress is too slow. I am under threat of being shut down for substandard results on my project. If I am to continue my research, drastic measures must be taken on Subject Zeta. If the subject's nervous system proves immune to the anesthetic, then we must simply carry out the lobotomy without one.

24 July 2016: Found all my lab assistants dead this morning, and Subject Zeta missing. She had ran away to her previous orphanage home, and I quickly reclaimed her before the authorities were notified. I assured the owners that such an incident would not happen again. After all, the moral conditioning effects of electroshock therapy is absolute when done with more extreme voltages.

19 September 2016: Subject Zeta is a failure. All signs for absolute control over magic have proven negative in every experiment I have conducted. I will begin the mandatory step of disposing of this control subject in the most efficient manner possible.

20 September 2016: The rat poison was astonishingly insufficient to euthanize Subject Zeta, but it was enough to place her in a coma. There must be other ways I can get rid of this evidence.

24 December 2021: The police are outside my house. I cannot go to jail if I have done nothing wrong. They must be here for the girl. She is mine! I found her, I cared for her, I deserve her! Do you hear me? You will not take her away from me!

25 December 2021: I awakened from my sleep in a beady sweat. I have had the most terrifying dream -- oop wait no, I’m still in jail. Silly me! Haha! Hahahahaha!

26 December 2021: Hahaha! Hahahaha! Ha! Haha! He-haha!
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 10:05 am

Very nice backstory, I certainly hope the CS for the character herself matches. ^^
Welcome to the show, have fun!
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:28 am

Procrastination be damned! It's finally done!

. . . is telekinesis allowed?

Name: Zeta

Mutation: Telekinesis

Appearance: Zeta is of Irish descent, and she may be considered tall for her age, standing a few inches away from five feet. She looks at her world with wide eyes and a blank stare, seeing but never really looking, hearing but never really listening. A horizontal scar stretching from ear to ear rests on her forehead, but most of it is concealed underneath a wild jungle of jet-black hair endowed with a life of its own. A result of her estrangement to sunlight has made her skin turn into a ghostly-white pallid complexion, and her scrawny figure has to constantly compete against the wind to maintain her balance.

Hazard Level: 3

Biography: Left at the porch of a mad scientist-in-training, Zeta spent her childhood on operating tables and featureless white rooms, where she was treated as less of a girl in need of care and more of a laboratory subject waiting to be dissected. And dissected she was, again and again, the reasons behind it unbeknownst to her, although her nightmares tried to shed some light for her. At the age of eight, something in her mind snapped, and she attempted resistance against her father’s invasive antics. Her form of resistance actually constituted a reenactment of the House of Flying Daggers with the inclusion of panicking scientists, and she ran away to the only place she could understand as home: St. Teresa’s orphanage. She was caught and punished with electroshock therapy, and it was then that Zeta gave in completely. Justice eventually caught up with them, albeit a few years too late, as though her captor had been placed behind bars, the damage had been absolute and permanent. Zeta had been turned into a frankenstein of a girl, at times psychotically aggressive, and in moments that she is not, mindless and dull. The doctors hope that rehabilitation to the Alpha Site would pacify her impulses, but twelve years of abuse and loveless living can never be undone so easily.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:42 am

Well, technically telekinesis would be a Myst power, not a mutation. Any human can learn to use Myst to control the world around him/her. But yes, a human or Mystling with telekinesis is just fine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:21 am

Quick question then, is a mutation permanent or does it only surface during an un/controlled use of Myst magic?
Back to top Go down
The Q
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 3:06 pm

I would believe it was permanent. But you could have mystlings that look like humans and of course it they get into a scuffle, it'll become apparent of their mutation.
Although the mystling could be a little unstable in reguards to controlling his/her mutation.
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 4:43 pm

So, wait. Telekinesis isn't a mutation? What about telepathy?
Back to top Go down
The Q
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 4:48 pm

I think I understand where Kaki is coming from.
A mutation could be something that alters your body in some way.. Like spikes shooting from your body. But a power is something like.. being able to shoot fire from your hands.
It's kind of hard to explain for me.
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

Female Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Sam is a prime example of a mutation, gender bending vampire, her power is the poison. So the telekenisis is a power, not a mutation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next