Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)

Go down 
+6
xx_shadowmancer_xx
The Q
GrimReaper
Vanilla
Hiratsu
Shiroi-Ka
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
GrimReaper
Underachiever
Underachiever
GrimReaper

Male Posts : 104

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Aye. Brocks skin is his mutation and the earthquakes is a power.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Yep, that's more or less what it's set up as. Powers, magic, caused by Myst, are available to anyone who trains in them. Mutations are things that you have from birth that don't rely on Myst to function. Even in a Myst deadzone, where Myst levels aren't high enough to regularly produce magic, Brock can turn metal. But his earthquakes would not function, because those are an uncontrolled power tied to his emotions and made unstable by the connection he has with Myst as a Mystling. ^^
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Female Posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 6:19 pm

...You have no clue how annoying this is to me. >.< -scrambles to figure out something for a character that won't mess up the backstory-
Back to top Go down
http://hiratsu.livejournal.com
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:54 pm

What about Nate's explosions?
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I get it. Mutation is a physical alteration, like superstrength, power is unexplained magic, like doing the impossible.

Zeta's power could be telekinesis, her mutation is . . . albinism?

Can someone please inform me on the current situation of the plot? I know something exploded, and I know the military is going to attack, but is there anything else? Am I supposed to walk into Alpha Site and introduce myself? Is Alpha Site actually still taking newcomers at a time like this? help!
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Of course, if there's a Mystling in need of protection, that's what Alpha Site is for. You find a reason to be arriving in NYC, run into someone or have a reason to already know the location, and you're in. Technically, albinism could be caused by Myst. But it's also a normal mutation that isn't always magical, so you wouldn't really belong perfectly in either world. Too normal to be a Mystling as defined by most, weird enough that you'd be shunned by people. Still, Alpha Site would let you in, if only to keep one more person safe when this hits the fan.

Oh, and the explosions would be a power, but the lack of control clearly defines you as a Mystling in the eyes of the public, even though a normal human could experience the same lack of control.
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:35 pm

If a normal human would have powers. That's still up for debate, remember?
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:54 pm

Can I say I was relocated there by authorities? Which kind of forces are responsible for that? Is it the one where Valeria is involved in?
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:58 pm

That wouldn't work. Human authorities aren't aware of the site, aside from it exists. They also aren't gonna be helpful to Mystlings at all.
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 9:58 am

How does one come to know of the Alpha Site in the New York Underground? The commonfolk know of its existence, right? Perhaps Zeta heard about it from whispers around the square? How do you get into the city, through monorails or secret passages? How's Alpha Site like? Are there actual buildings in there, or is just a nightmare ghetto? Is it really underground?
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:58 am

It's in a kind of pocket dimension, like Diagon Alley of Harry Potter. Space is relative, a small place within NYC is a huge open field that contains the Alpha Site. There are real buildings, but not many. It's mostly just whatever you could get your hands on. Tent, cheap trailer, bedroll on the ground...

Humans would know it exists, but not where or how to get in for the most part. You'd need to find a Mystling who would know, but you can npc that. Doesn't have to be one of us.

And Hira, at the time I posted that there wasn't a debate started. Somehow between that posting and me being outvoted took only... Well, regardless, I'm just going to have to hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
GrimReaper
Underachiever
Underachiever
GrimReaper

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Okay, first off, the Alpha site isn't in the New York Underground. It's almost like a separate dimension. The entrance is in an alleyway, and if you are a mystling, you can walk straight through the wall into the Alpha site. Most mystlings come upon it by accident, others are brought there. The commonfolk know that it exists, just not where it exists. The Alpha site looks like a very large, sort of slum like camp site. Most new people are only in tents. Others are in make shift, one room houses made of plywood. Some people who have been there longer have somewhat nicer homes, but nothing is near fancy at all. It's not underground lol. Answer everything?
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Yes actually thank you. So it's like a magical world. Humans can't access it at all, is it?

I'm going to work on my intro soon so I can join in the fun.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Well, not without help or at least knowing where it is. They can force their way in, but it's not the easiest place in the world to get if you don't have help.
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

Female Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:02 am

I gotta say it, there's not just men in there Incisors, and you may possibly trip over Sam hiding and watching.
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:14 am

Sorry, I'm still trying to osmosis-ize myself into this, so far I'm way out of it.

Yea, that is a possibility. I'll add it in that Zeta fell on top of Sam, or is that counted as god-modding?

Nice animated gif, Vanilla. I was literally staring at it for minutes.

Edit: Sorry, a question. Sam is in her female form, right?
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:22 am

Yeah Sam's currently female. And I don't mind if you fall on her. It was a good entry in though.
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:24 am

Thanks! I'm working on the edit right now!
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:33 am

All righty.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Okay, anyone and everyone who can post needs to. This is getting a little slow... At least post OOC if you don't know where to go in the IC from where you're at, okay? I'd like to know who all is still here, and who's gotten busy with other things.
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 8:51 pm

You know PMing might work better. I know that at least one person had forgotten about the RP, so posting here might not get everyone's attention.
Back to top Go down
Incisors
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 9:03 pm

I'm still here, waiting.
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Okay, Chuck Briggs is gonna play a bigger role now that I've discovered how awesome he is. So here's his [still being worked on] profile.

Name : Captain Chuck Briggs
Mutation: N/A
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Hazard Level: N/A
Biography:
Spare Room To Type:
Back to top Go down
Kaia
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Kaia

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 pm

right! i'ma comin' back methinks. No reason i can't just pick Ryan up where i left off right?
Can anyone give me a rundown of what's happened?

btw (Adam Baldwin = hot)
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Well, I'd prefer you read the thread to pick up all the good details, especially since you'll notice key differences in what's happened so far and what has been nearly guaranteed to happen due to cannon occurrences in the chat variation. ^^
But yes, you can pick up right where you left off, or timeskip as needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next