Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)

Go down 
+6
xx_shadowmancer_xx
The Q
GrimReaper
Vanilla
Hiratsu
Shiroi-Ka
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
xx_shadowmancer_xx
Underachiever
Underachiever
xx_shadowmancer_xx

Female Posts : 163

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm interested if this is still a go.
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Female Posts : 349

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 5:32 pm

I can safely say this is indeed still a go. =D
Back to top Go down
http://hiratsu.livejournal.com
xx_shadowmancer_xx
Underachiever
Underachiever
xx_shadowmancer_xx

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Beautiful. Then I shall make my character sheet.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Q, excellent to see you at last. ^^
Well, the Myst affects everything, permeates every level of the world. There's sure to be mutated animals, though for simplicities sake we'll assume that only complex being can be experience this rapid evolution. Anything more complicated than a cockroach can be affected. Otherwise, we'd have to go into how viruses started changing and medicine couldn't keep up, and I just really don't want to deal with that right at the moment... Maybe as a plot hole filler later. XD

Since I jumped the gun with the OOC, would any of you three like to make the IC? I'm game to start at any time, but it'll be jump in jump out so anyone can join after it's started once they have an approved CS.

Also, not that anyone cares, but I approve all of the currently submitted CS's. XD
Back to top Go down
Hiratsu
Underachiever
Underachiever
Hiratsu

Female Posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Dude go ahead and start it. We're all here now so why not?
Back to top Go down
http://hiratsu.livejournal.com
GrimReaper
Underachiever
Underachiever
GrimReaper

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Well, wait for shadow to make hers
Back to top Go down
solaris
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

Male Posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:12 am

i hope this is sufficient ^_^

Name : Orik Griswold

Mutation : Wolf anthropomorph.

Appearance : Orik is mostly gray in his fur color, though he has several patches where his fur slightly darkens or lightens. These patches are not noticeable unless a person is looking for them however. His body type is highly muscular, though he looks to be more fit and lean than he is strong. Starting above his eyes, there is a single stripe of black fur that runs down to his snout, then separates into two lines heading back up his face toward the inner corners of his eyes, looking as if he has an arrow on his face pointing at his nose. His fur is iridescent and in the right lighting, can even shine a rainbow off it, though this occurrence is rare for two reasons: He never stays still long, and when it does happen and he notices it, he usually ends up trying to catch it. His fur is extremely soft, though highly wiry and messy and his tail looks very shaggy.

Hazard Level : Orik, at first glance, looks to be somewhat weak. In reality, however, he is extremely powerful. His voice, though capable of human speech, does not allow him to reach above a certain decibel level before he releases a sonic burst. He does not understand this ability, nor does he know how to control it. Otherwise, Orik has tremendous ability in the manipulation of the air around him. At the moment, he can not do much except by pure reflex, but once he masters this ability, he will be able to do almost anything he can think of with the air around him, such as creating a temporary vacuum, generating small whirlwinds, moving faster than he normally could, and other similar feats.

Biography : When Orik was born, he was simply a boy with a thirst for adventure and an undying will to have fun. His parents, however, were unable to look past his wolven appearance, and quickly disowned him, leaving the infant in a dumpster to rot. Luckily for him, he was quickly found by a passing woman, who was a also a mystling.

Orik was then raised by the woman, and was treated as though he were her son, though he never felt like he truly belonged, even among the mystlings. Loving his “mother,” he decided to stay with her, even though he felt he belonged elsewhere. He never lost his sense of innocence, but has proven time and again, even through his refusal to speak, that he is wise beyond his years.

He moved into the alpha site with his "mother" at the age of seven and has been there ever since.

Spare Room To Type : Orik has a tendency to want to play extremely often, and can sometimes be found chasing his tail, running at top speed just to get his adrenaline pumping, and so on. He can appear very childlike at times, and sometimes gets over-excited, letting out an accidental sound burst. Orik is 24

Last edited by solaris on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:51 am

Okay, we're almost ready to start the IC. I'm just waiting on Shadow now, and we'll begin...
This is, as I said, going to start out with no real plot for a while. We're living the lives of these characters, and wherever the world takes us that's where we're headed. ^^
Feel free to PM me with suggestions if you've got something in mind for our overall direction, or any of the usual questions/comments/concerns. Smile

EDIT: Also, I've added a timeline to my first post. This is a loose list of a few of the important events that lead to the current state we're in.
Back to top Go down
xx_shadowmancer_xx
Underachiever
Underachiever
xx_shadowmancer_xx

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Name: Skylar Ryic

Mutation: Inu mutation, no tail.

Hazard level: Isn't exactly in control, but is not totally incapable of it. If irritated or provoked, Skylar's control of the Myst is weakened causing her to cast petty temporary spells of muteness, minor paralysis or blindness on the object of her irritation. A common uncontrolled Myst occurrence for her consists of sudden illnesses that will infect a human. This only occurs every five years or so but usually ends in death. When dealing with severe emotions the weather makes up for what she cannot express. On a scale of 0-10 on hazard levels Skylar is about a 7.4 at her worst and a 2.2 at her best, but that doesn't stop her from venturing out freely on her own and entering the city.

Appearance: Covered with a silky black fur, Skylar has small pointed ears that sit neatly on the top of her head. She has rather sharp, longer than average, canines and strong, razor nails that she uses to persuade others when necessary.

Spoiler:

Biography: Growing up Skylar only knew discrimination from the world around her. The only comfort and acceptance she owned was that from her normal, older brother Nathan who raised her in a small, low scale apartment in the suburbs of New York City. As she grew, he taught her how to survive the streets if the time ever came, which it quickly did. In September of 2023, shortly after her 15th birthday, Skylar was stashed away in a tiny coat closet before Nathan was brutally murdered in their apartment, leaving her with a surreal, vivid memory of his death and a deep, equal hatred for those who despised her kind.

Spare Room To Type: Skylar usually wears a black jacket with an oversized hood that easily hides her canine ears and she prefers to be alone.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Accepted. ^^
Alright, we've got 6 players and 7 character sheets to date... I think it's time to get rolling. I'm off to make the IC post, but don't forget that anyone can move into the Alpha Site at any time. So long as you post a CS and are approved, you may join at any time even once the RP has started. ^^
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

Female Posts : 592

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:58 pm

Hmm >_> Since I haven't been around for a while this is still accepting people right?
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:14 pm

And always will be.
Just put in a CS and when you're approved you can move to the Alpha Site.
You can still have lived in the city your whole life at this point, but after a few major players are introduced around the city I'll be only accepting Mystlings who move into the Alpha Site from other places.
Back to top Go down
solaris
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:59 am

oh... kaki... something i just recently remembered... if i had to rate orik on a hazard "scale" from 1-10... 10 being the most hazardous.... simply going off his power... it'd be around 6-8... but factoring in his personality, it lowers it to around 2 or 3

Edit: btw... Tempe... Tenjo Tenge... great series!
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:55 am

Hello? I'm still the only one with an IC post? *Dies*
Let's see just a little motion, some small quiver, at least OOC? *Dies more*
Back to top Go down
solaris
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:57 am

lol i would... but i'm pretty busy w/ r/l lately... i was about to hit it here soon... but i'll have something up by tomorrow evening ^_^
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:08 am

Okay I have to ask... Is it alright if my Mystling isn't so much an animal mutation as a gender change?
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:09 am

Mystlings can be any form of mutation caused by the Myst. ^^
Werewolf, vampire, anything you've ever thought would make a good Xmen character, living rock, it's all good. ^^
Back to top Go down
solaris
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:10 am

what about a hermaphrodite?
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:10 am

Excellent. Though the vampire thing has now piqued further interest... Hmm <_<
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:12 am

If the change is caused by the Myst, it's a legitimate Mystling. Granted, if you're doing a birth defect that could already have existed without Myst, it's probably less interesting, but that's your call. ^^

Yesh, I don't think any of us have that yet...

Oh, and Sol, I'm still in the chat if you're still online.
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:18 am

Name: Samantha goes by 'Gemini'
Mutation: Is able to become either male or female. Also has poison breath, and to a lesser degree touch. (The poison doesn't affect animals or other Mystlings... Maybe.) Vampire.
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Hazard Level: While she has control over the gender change, her poison breath and touch can happen at any time, but she really doesn't care if she happens to kill someone along the way. She has an on/off case of bloodlust which is controlled, but will always need to feed to keep it sated.
Biography: Sam has always been considered 'different'. She's never liked the human population and has always preferred the company of animals. Having lived on the street for most of her life, getting by has been an interesting life. Being a thief was easy, being caught was next to impossible as she would be able to steal something in one form and then walk right out in another while nobody was any the wiser. Of course, her female side which is the one she generally thieves in, is known around the area but cares little and is more than happy to treat someone trying to catch her to a special touch or kiss.
Spare Room To Type: Sam hates humans and will go out of her way to make them miserable. Especially if she's hungry. She loves animals, anything that's furry is too adorable and just needs to be pet, rubbed, cuddled etc. She also HATES being male. And likes milk.

Okay so how's that? What do I need to change?
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:38 am

Lots of fun with that one, accepted and I hope you enjoy the RP. ^^
Back to top Go down
Vanilla
Delinquent
Delinquent
Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:40 am

Woo!
Back to top Go down
solaris
Drama Starter
Drama Starter

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:42 pm

well... I posted... and even though i could have gone further with that post... i refrained in preparation of my second post and to allow others to operate in the same time frame as Orik ^_^
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 11:17 pm

Cool. *Looks around for the flood of posts from everyone else*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)   Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystlings (Mature Possible, not exclusive) (Modern Fantasy) (Always Open)
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next