Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Welcome to Drama Haters RPG! Why don't you log in and write something? What was that? You're not a member? Then register, and then write something!
Drama Haters RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Haters RPG

Welcome to the wonderful world of Drama Free Role Playing! Here you can write as much as you want without the hastle of drama that those other boards have!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)

Go down 
+3
Sorin
Shiroi-Ka
Animus
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

Male Posts : 1104

The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) Empty
PostSubject: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 am

You glance at an invitation you received out of nowhere, it appears to be written on gold leaf in the most flawless cursive writing you have ever laid your eyes on, even simplified font would be put to shame from this writing, yet you can easily pick up on what it says, and what your exact purpose is from it. You arrive at the exact address shown on the invitation, seeing something that you would of never missed. A grand coliseum, in the shape of a spiked demonic structure. You glance around at all the other people around you, holding the exact same gold leaf as you. Upon looking at it, your senses tell you to run away as fast as possible, yet your feet are moving closer and closer towards this unholy monument. Your mind begins racing with what may be contained inside, as the rustic doors swing open, releasing a blinding, almost all-consuming light into your vicinity. You step in, and hear the crackling of a loudspeaker.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, deities and spirits within the vast land of Drama Haters. Welcome to the Aegis Stadium! Pit yourself against one another in our numerous arrangements of battles! Feeling lucky? Then try out our new Roulette Battle, where the odds may or may not be in your favor. Don't like battling solo? Then why not find a partner within the waiting rooms for our prestigious Tag Tournament! Or are you one of those thrill-seekers that believe that they are destined for greatness? Then take on the Aegis Grand Gauntlet! Numerous enemies armed to the teeth with numerous weapons from all of the ages of time and space. And please, make sure you enjoy yourself, and do not try any of this at home... Go to a friends house!"

You have opened your eyes halfway through the announcement from the speakers that seems to repeat itself every fifteen minutes to witness a large office, lined in marble and precious stones. You and the other combatants make your way to the reception desk to begin signing in.

"Hello and welcome to the Aegis Coliseum, fill in these forms, and hand them back up to the front desk as soon as you have finished with them."

~~~~~~~

Given the slight increase in members within the site, I have decided to revamp my old tournament idea. I hope to see a slight increase in the amount of combatants that were placed within the last tournament idea. Character Sheet information goes as follows.

Spoiler:

I hope to see numerous character sheets within this topic as I want this to really kick off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000344895905#!/profile
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

Male Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:10 pm

*Reserved for the Mod of Fire*

Of course, you already knew I'd be the first to chip in my gold dollar for a round, didn't you?
*Grins and flicks a coin into the air, which glows white hot and lays cooling on a sheet of paper on the table, a signed emblem now engraved on the signature line where it lay*
I'll sign any damage waver you throw at me, and be on the mat first thing no matter where it ends up.
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:28 am

If I get two or three character sheets, then I will bring along the IC lounge, which will be an easier way to sign up for all of the other battles. Now of course, it will not be a simple throw up a character sheet and go ahead and post, this will require myself and another General Manager of this topic (Of my choosing) to decide if they are fit for battle, and their grounds of battle.

So get those character sheets up so I can kick this off with a kickass opening ceremony!

Here's mine:

Name: Julius Aegis
Race: Demi-God
Fighting Style: Julius' style of fighting is unique. Although it is essential that he can withstand a substantial amount of blows given his muscle mass, and his muscle mass can deliver quite the few destructive blows, Julius uses his agility to tire out his opponent before he delivers his final assault. He doesn't see his opponents as mere enemies, or even potential prey, he values them as an equal, bringing his powers down to a level that would make a fair fight.
Appearance: Julius stands at a reasonable height of six foot, three inches with pale green eyes that almost appear white. He wears clothes from all of the regions he has spent time in, which are normally Egyptian sandals, a toga from the age of the Romans, numerous amounts of jewelry from eras past, and casual blue jeans from today's age. Apart from the scars on his body, which have turned a very pale white, his body is a tanned lump of muscle, which he loves using within battle.
Personality: Julius' personality varies from battle to battle. When it is an easily defeated opponent, he is normally lazy and bored, showing hardly any emotion on his face. Against a mediocre opponent, there is a slight spring in his step, yet he still appears bored with the fighting, only with a slight smirk on his face. Upon facing a great foe however, Julius' personality is fairly bubbly, he appears very enthusiastic, with a large grin on his face and a burning flame of victory within his eyes.
Weapon(s) of choice: Lucius has a wide variety of weapons, yet his favorites are a large flail chained to his wrist that only he may be able to bare it's weight in a single hand. When not using his signature weapon, he is known to carry a large broadsword in one hand, and a sawn off shotgun in the other.
Short Biography: Julius was there to witness the rise and fall of the major points in history, and most of the time, helping out in the downfall of humanity. The bloodlust of Julius grew over the eras, until he had finally sought more, creating a large demonic structure from the ground and turning it into the Aegis Coliseum, a haven for fighters across the universe. Julius observes each and every fight via a small throne placed within every small arena, to record the fighting styles of each and every competitor.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Name: Ka Shiroi
Race: Human, for all that it counts for.
Fighting Style: Many and varied, uses environmental hazards to devastating effect.
Appearance: A well built 6'2". His dark hair is short, spiked, and highlighted with red tips. His blue eyes aren't cold, but they don't invite friends. He wears a tuxedo jacket over bare chest, with a huge tattoo spread across it. The tuxedo jacket and pants are black, with shimmery red threads woven into them. In his jacket pocket is a crystal rose, with a moving fire inside that never dies out. His shoes are a soft, flexible black leather that provides sneaker fit and comfort with formal appearance.
Personality: Being immortal in all sense of the word, he doesn't fear death. While this leads to some rash behavior in bleak situations, he does understand that if his limited human form dies then he loses the match. As such, he maintains a cautious approach to battle that uses the arena to full advantage. He shows respect to his opponents, though his confidence sometimes leads to a touch of arrogance. Above all, he values a fair fight, and thus limits his form to that of a strictly human body, save for cases where his opponent is clearly more than the average mortal.
Weapon(s) of choice: Normally, he would be considered without weapons. In circumstances where his opponent is significantly more powerful than a normal human, however, he occasionally chooses to augment his human capabilities with a fraction of his immortal powers to even the odds. This can range from increased physical attributes, to tossing in a few weapons such as staffs, up to utilizing his powers over fire and heat in the most dire of circumstances.
Short Biography: Being a spirit of fire, Ka cannot die unless all heat in the universe was to simply fade out. He is easily bored with immortality, and thus chooses to limit his form and strength to allow for participation in tournaments where his victory is not a predetermined certainty. His current form is the one he calls 'The Bartender'.
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:35 pm

I intend to enter... I need to start dueling again -.-
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:49 pm

As do I, and my name alone should give you a hint as to what I intend to fight as lol. By the way, that whole go to a friend's house remark I've heard from Ratchet and Clank; Deadlocked. Loved it lol.

Name: Vergil
Race: Demon/human hybrid
Fighting Style: Dark Slayer, which teleports him close to enemies where he can unleash his fury in an eyeblink.
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Personality: Cold and merciless with his blade skills. Vergil is not an enemy you want to get in front of, especially when it involves gaining more power.
Weapon(s) of choice: Samurai Katana called Yamato and gauntlets and boots that radiate light magic called Beowulf.
Spoiler:
Short Biography: Vergil and Dante both were orphaned by Mundus's demon assassins when they killed the twins parents while they were just little kids. What happened to Vergil is unknown, but when he resurfaced, Dante was there to stop him. Vergil had fallen far since their younger days, obsessed with becoming stronger by any means necessary.
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:24 am

The third character sheet is up, both Shiroi and Vergil have been accepted by me, and I will now do two tasks...
Task the first: Notify the user of my choosing that they have been selected as the other GM.
Task the B: Create the In-Character lounge for the Tournament of the Ages!
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:32 am

I had to say what I did in the IC lol. I hope my opening is alright and all. See ya!
Back to top Go down
Sanura
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Sanura

Female Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:32 am

Ok let me work on posting some of my characters Smile
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Not done -.-
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sorin on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Well Ka, I hope my latest post is good enough. I wasn't sure how your tournament rules are set up and all, so I hope I got it right when I named my own tournament lol. Bloody Palace is a hundred floors, each one tougher than the last. It shows up, as far as I'm aware, in DMC 3 and 4 if you want to check on that. At least a version of it does anyway. Sorry, shutting up lol.
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Vergil, I do believe that I did start this, so all questions should be directed towards me.. More to the point, you should have checked with me before putting up your own personal match. I love the concept, and it's very well thought of, so for this instance, I will allow it, but the GM and myself will be keeping a close eye on it, and playing as both the enemies you will be facing, and as some of the events that will be happening throughout all events in the tournament.

Long story short, good idea, we're keeping it in there, hope you end up surviving under our watch.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Actually, I've played and beaten the Bloody Palace in at least two of the DMC games... Can't really remember which though. In this case, however, I believe you'll be doing more fighting against single large opponents as opposed to the standard BP routine of 'kill 50 of these then a boss'.
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Crap, my bad Animus. I'm sorry my friend. Must of read the name wrong lol. And ok, I'll change if I have to though, that's not a big deal. Anyway, I'll remember that for next time Animus, you can count on it.
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:45 pm

You'll have to do better than that lol.
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:08 pm

WOOHOO NOT REALLY!

Meh

Name: Sorin
Race: Angel, for lack of a better term.
Fighting Style: Varies. Although ambidextrous he favors his left hand.
Appearance: Sorin stands t about 6'2" with short unkempt black hair above to piercing green eyes. His body is all lean muscle. He tends to wear a pair of well worn jeans and nothing else. All in all he's a fairly attractive, yet unremarkable young man, unless you count his wings, sprouting out of his shoulder blades are two black wings, about the same color as his hair. The total wingspan is around 16ft. Now due to the wings there's several differences about his anatomy. He has two hearts, his lung are much more efficient and he can hold his breathe for a very long time, he has an extremely high metabolism and the most notable is he's very light for his size.
Personality: He enjoys flying around a ripping things apart. He generally enjoys doing anything and everything people don't want him to do.
Weapon(s) of choice: Unarmed or with a single sword. Plus his innate angel abilites, like Holy Wrath, basically fancy name for a white ball of fire in his right hand.
Short Biography: He is a "Angel" the name a some humans decided to give to him and his brethren. Him and his kin never die, and as a consequence there isn't any new ones.Sorin is neither a 'servant of god goody angel' or a 'fallen angel SAAAATAAAANN WOOT!!!' he was cast out of both orders because he really doesn't like authority figures, he'd be fine is he was the supreme boss but, meh to each their own eh?.
Back to top Go down
Devis666
Drama Starter
Drama Starter
Devis666

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Name: Kale
Age: Even he has forgotten his true age. He looks to be in his mid twenties.
Race: Half celestial Human
Fighting Style: His slim appearance will deceive you as his strength rivals that of Ogres. He is faster than the wind or so people whisper around him. People who failed to get on his bad side that is. He uses his size changing Bo staff to great use as he propels himself into foes and spins it with great speed, increasing the tips mass as it strikes a foe once it has gained momentum.
Appearance: His slight form of 5'5" and skinny body are no meaning to underestimate this foe. A slightly visible Halo hovers above his white hair, which covers his face and flows down his back which in turn is covered by a thin skintight, white cloth. This same cloth covers his legs. His face is an honor to look upon as the angel he was born from passed on his charming beauty. He has no imperfections or scars whatsoever probably because of his nature as a celestial.
Personality: He is quiet and watching and doesn't speak much. Even though he is part angel he is not all good. If you get on his bad side he will kill you without hesitation. Hesitation is for the weak.
Weapon(s) of choice: Extendable and expandable Bo staff.
Short Biography: He was found on the doorstep of a monastery long long ago. He grew up their learning techniques and discipline before being expelled for his nature. He left and began developing his own techniques with a Bo staff. He grew quite exceptional at it and eventually discovered a traveling merchant with the staff he uses today. He did not buy it. It was given to him. He still wonders about that merchant and it might actually have been his father, giving him a gift. Since then he has never been beaten in one on one fights. He hopes to prove himself worthy to his angel father and prove himself to him as worthy to belong with him.

I think That is good.
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:19 am

Both sheets have been accepted, please make your first posts and the Gm and myself will determine your certain match styles.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:45 am

Come on, Vergil, give me some credit here... I wouldn't send you up against the worst of the worst this soon, gotta have something to build up to. In the meantime, if that last bit was too boring for you... Well, this should pick up the pace a bit. Every piece you tore them into, is now it's own opponent. Weapons floating around, gauntlets trying to choke you... There's a lot more of them now, and smaller targets to boot. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:44 pm

I was wondering lol. Nice plan there Flowervase. They shall fall all the same though lol.
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 7:36 am

So far I'm not that happy with the Bloody Palace... The boss fights will have to start taking more than at least two or three posts between the two of you. I will be keeping a close eye on the topic, and taking note of when something is outright god-modding, and if this happens, well... Prepare to be ejected from the Palace in the worst manner possible.
Back to top Go down
Sorin
Awesome Incarnate
Sorin

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:05 am

...Ouch
Back to top Go down
Vergil1989
Underachiever
Underachiever

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Hey, I never godmod lol. If I ever do godmod or anything though, just say and I'll change it to where it's not so. And also, next boss I'll try my best not to take apart in two or three posts lol.
Back to top Go down
Shiroi-Ka
Delinquent
Delinquent
Shiroi-Ka

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Actually, thus far we haven't hit a boss. We're still in diagnostics, chucking small stuff at him. When we hit floor 10, I'll be manually controlling the monster and from there on he'll have to describe reactions to the opponents while I determine the opponent's reactions to him. It'll slow WAY down from 10 on, for now they're weak stuff that he more or less 1HKs.
Back to top Go down
Animus
#1 Bachelor
Animus

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Well normally it would take more than one post to describe exactly what you are doing in the battle, this means describing the evasion of most of the enemies, countering most of the enemies, getting a few blows from the enemies, destroying the enemies, and preparing yourself for the next few waves. Shiro, I want you to pay attention to this post too, just because an enemy is chopped in half, or losing it's head, doesn't mean that it's necessarily dead... Take some initiative, make the fuckers rise with a vengeance, because they are missing a vital part of their body.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)   The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature) Empty

Back to top Go down

The First Annual Tournament of the Ages! (Mature)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next